Home

2k18 Needs to Address Teammate Grades

This is a discussion on 2k18 Needs to Address Teammate Grades within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2017, 08:35 PM   #33
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2k18 Needs to Address Teammate Grades

I also want to lower other people's grades when the sharpshooter SG and SF are coming down to set screens at the top of the key every god damn play, both screens in the same direction

Meanwhile my brick wall and bruiser don't ever get used
Old 04-06-2017, 02:38 AM   #34
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
You should also get way more reward for things like good spacing, unselfish play (extra pass bonus) and help defense (switching from an unassigned defender back to your own).
Help Defense especially.

It is such an important thing that it needs to be encouraged. It'd probably help them design a better defensive system too (maybe an extra arrow for help d?).

I don't think most people even really know how to play Help Defense vs just getting in the way and/or screwing up defensive rotations.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:55 AM   #35
Pro

I just don't want to be punished anymore when I try to help my teammates out on D because they constant get dropped off and I try and cover for them but they ignore my man and then my guy scores. Or every increasingly common just ignore their man and chase the ball or whatever it is randoms do leaving me to Cover 2-3 guys a possession which is pretty much just me running back and forth from the corner to the paint to the wing and back to prevent any of them from shooting only to either have my original man hit a corner three or the arrow only switch to one of the Other two guys in covering the EXACT moment they shoot the ball making it MY fault they scored despite me being spread across pretty the entire left or right side of the court by myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2017, 07:04 PM   #36
Rookie

A very small amount of credit for good shot defense at the rim then just about go down a whole grade for allowing offensive rebound.

Another thing they should fix is the bad passes that end up as turnovers for me. I'm cutting to the basket, 3 guys collapse, yet someone passes me the ball. Automatic strip and I'm down a letter grade. This happens a lot with my slasher.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:35 PM   #37
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
Help Defense especially.

It is such an important thing that it needs to be encouraged. It'd probably help them design a better defensive system too (maybe an extra arrow for help d?).

I don't think most people even really know how to play Help Defense vs just getting in the way and/or screwing up defensive rotations.

Yeah help D needs to be rewarded

Steals and blocks are but help D that doesn't lead to stats is being ignored

Let's say I rack up 3 weakside blocks in the first quarter coming over and blocking slashers. So the rest of the game slashers stop shooting layups and pass. I should get some type of Rep for that. That's a huge part of defense that 2k doesn't reward on the game. If I see my PG is getting dropped off on drives so I start stepping up and that PG doesn't make a layup the rest of the game because of my help D I think 2k should recognize that

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-17-2017, 08:21 PM   #38
Rookie

Please revamp the teamate grades in ProAm walkon. Ball hogs ruin this mode
Old 09-17-2017, 11:50 PM   #39
Rookie

Tired of a everyone that is not a pg trying to run the offense. It's like a mad dash to the ball during inbound. Too many bigs and LeBron wannabes want to run the offense. I often get frozen out of games because I never get the ball as a pg.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:44 AM   #40
Rookie

HeatLifer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevensignz
Tired of a everyone that is not a pg trying to run the offense. It's like a mad dash to the ball during inbound. Too many bigs and LeBron wannabes want to run the offense. I often get frozen out of games because I never get the ball as a pg.
Funny, I'm tired of all these wannabe-PG's that think they know how to rub an offense wanting to HOG the ball.

And OP... getting blocked takes you from an A to a C?? You're not exaggerating are you? Nah you couldn't be. You wouldn't make a bad thing a worse thing would you?

Like "I hit green every 4 put of 10 shots
.. I NEVER HIT GREENS". Right? A to a C?? C'mon man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »