Home

favorite team to rebuild?

This is a discussion on favorite team to rebuild? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2017, 11:53 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: favorite team to rebuild?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
I'm currently using the sixers, not much of a challenge though since they have so many assets. After the first season during the offseason i made one major trade (simmons, saric, okafor and a 1st rounder for damian lillard) and made a max offer to KD who luckily accepted. Then still had my 1st overall draft pick and selected a solid all around 75 ovr sg with high potential. Now in the second season after a couple more minor trades/cuts/signings i have:

lillard (90) - wroten (72)
rookie sg (75) - pat connaughton (74)
durant (95) - jake layman (70)
richaun holmes (75) - anthony bennett (72)
embiid (85) - ezeli (77)

Currently tied 3-3 in ECF against the wizards after losing a game full of BS. Obviously hoping to overcome in game 7 and win it all (i'm mostly simming, pretty much only playing deciding playoff games - on superstar/default, can't deal with HOF, SS cheese is bad enough). Obviously my bench is a little thin, i actually had higher rated players at first but got rid of them to get these guys that i actually like and want to develop.

This offseason embiid will develop into my third (near) superstar, holmes and the sg will probably come close or reach 80 ovr. Everyone on my bench except for ezeli should go up a little. Still have a pick that should be top 5 iirc. Not sure yet what i'll do with it, unless there's a great prospect that fits i'll probably just package it with ezeli to get a better starting pf and move holmes down to the 6th man even though i love using him, no homo. Will have about 10-15 mil cap space as well i believe.

Probably one of the easiest teams to rebuild, if you can call it a rebuild. Either way, pretty fun team.
How are you not gonna use the actual 2017 draft class, that ruins the fun of the draft for at least the 1st season
Old 03-12-2017, 11:23 PM   #10
Just started!

I think it'd be cool to help the wizards get that last piece to push them to a title. Also the Knicks and keep derrick rose and melo and finally give them a title. The bulls would be an awesome dynasty for two to three years with d wade back and have him come back home and win a few titles. Even the pacers would be fun by playing with Paul george and building them back up and finally win them a title. I'm currently rebuilding the nets through draft picks. I traded mostly everyone away and have kris Dunn and Willy Cauley-stein as my setting stone players to progress them. I recently acquired Glenn Robinson from the pacers and Buddy Hield from the kings. Imade it to the playoffs in my second season but lost to the trailblazers in the first round. I drafted Michael porter jr in the draft from a pick I got from the knicks and currently 7-1 through 8 games only losing to the cavs.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:11 AM   #11
MVP

I am going to try the Nets!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2017, 10:10 AM   #12
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayska23
How are you not gonna use the actual 2017 draft class, that ruins the fun of the draft for at least the 1st season
Not necessarily. I'd rather use fictional classes, even after season 1. Reason being, there's no expectations like there are with the real life class. Those classes are made based on what people expect from those players in the future, so when I get a guy like Ball, I don't really have to scout him, because I know what to expect. I'd much rather have a class of guys I don't know and have to scout and find out what kinds of players they can be rather than knowing up front.

Either way you go, you're not "ruining the fun."

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 03-13-2017, 05:23 PM   #13
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
I am going to try the Nets!
I think you'll enjoy the nets, it's been pretty tough rebuild.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »