Home

favorite team to rebuild?

This is a discussion on favorite team to rebuild? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2017, 07:15 PM   #1
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1
favorite team to rebuild?

Trying to find a new team to rebuild with besides my Kings. As a fan of them I struggle to move players as I have an attachment to quite a few of them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2017, 04:20 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: favorite team to rebuild?

I'm currently using the sixers, not much of a challenge though since they have so many assets. After the first season during the offseason i made one major trade (simmons, saric, okafor and a 1st rounder for damian lillard) and made a max offer to KD who luckily accepted. Then still had my 1st overall draft pick and selected a solid all around 75 ovr sg with high potential. Now in the second season after a couple more minor trades/cuts/signings i have:

lillard (90) - wroten (72)
rookie sg (75) - pat connaughton (74)
durant (95) - jake layman (70)
richaun holmes (75) - anthony bennett (72)
embiid (85) - ezeli (77)

Currently tied 3-3 in ECF against the wizards after losing a game full of BS. Obviously hoping to overcome in game 7 and win it all (i'm mostly simming, pretty much only playing deciding playoff games - on superstar/default, can't deal with HOF, SS cheese is bad enough). Obviously my bench is a little thin, i actually had higher rated players at first but got rid of them to get these guys that i actually like and want to develop.

This offseason embiid will develop into my third (near) superstar, holmes and the sg will probably come close or reach 80 ovr. Everyone on my bench except for ezeli should go up a little. Still have a pick that should be top 5 iirc. Not sure yet what i'll do with it, unless there's a great prospect that fits i'll probably just package it with ezeli to get a better starting pf and move holmes down to the 6th man even though i love using him, no homo. Will have about 10-15 mil cap space as well i believe.

Probably one of the easiest teams to rebuild, if you can call it a rebuild. Either way, pretty fun team.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:14 AM   #3
Rookie

Miami Heat is pretty easy to rebuild because they let you trade Bosh. They really should remove Bosh from our roster so there's more a challenge.

Choice is:

1. handicap yourself and don't trade him and eat his salary space
2. Trade him and get a good player/pick in return
3. trade him for peanuts and have him still in league putting up big numbers
4. keep him and have an extra all star on your roster.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:38 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 22

Lakers

In Year 4

D'Angelo Russell - 86
Lonzo Ball - 84
Brandon Ingram - 83
Julius Randle - 85
Zubac - 78

Kind of an easy rebuild but they have nice young peices, etc..plus you can trade Clarkson & Nance for a pick or another good role player

Then again you're a King's fan and you probably hate the Lakers
Old 03-06-2017, 08:03 AM   #5
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

I don't think the Heat or Lakers qualify as rebuilds. That's just developing what's already there. Same as people are saying the 76ers are a rebuild.

Teams that are rebuilds to me are Brooklyn, Sacramento, or a team that you're going to tear down and start from scratch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2017, 07:42 AM   #6
Pro

Brooklyn Nets are the hardest team to rebuild I would think. Lack of draft picks and assets.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:51 AM   #7
Rookie

Yea the 76ers are pretty easy too. I sim so I can do things quick...

I traded away everyone i could besides Embiid and Simmons. I drafted a nice SG and a nice PF and got steph curry to sign with me in free agency. Won title in year 2 lol.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:01 PM   #8
Rookie

Jet5195wvu's Arena

OVR: 4

I'd say probably the Nets and the Kings, lack of assets and draft picks.

Nets don't have their own pick for '17 and '18 and are thin on assets. Caris Levert, Isaiah Whitehead, Hollis-Jefferson are the only real young players to build around, and none of them become stars, or even above a mid 70 rating in my simulation. Lin, Lopez, and Booker are fairly good trading chips, but without draft picks tanking without them doesn't help too much.

The Bulls have the rights to the Kings 1st this year, but it is top 10 protected, so in the game you either lose this years or next's first rounder. The Kings also don't have their 2019 pick, lost to the 76ers. So, if you tank this year for a good pick (which the 76ers also have pick swap rights in real life, but not the game) you won't have picks in back to back years afterwards. The Kings do have more assets than the 76ers, with Buddy Hield, Skal Labissiere, Cauley-Stein, Papagiannnis, and Malachi Richardson all developing to at least mid 70s, but none of them (so far, I'm in 2021) become stars. Collison and Evans can get some return, but that's about all you've got.

In 2021 I've got

Nets
2019 rook # 3 overall/Levert
Whitehead/2017 rook

Kings
Lavine/Hield/Richardson
Ball/Dinwiddie
Tampa Bay Rays

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »