Home

Best weight for sharpshooting post scoring big?

This is a discussion on Best weight for sharpshooting post scoring big? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2018, 07:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Sharp shooting, post scoring Center effective?

Making a big for Pro-Am. Going Post primary, Sharpshooting secondary. The badges seem better, and inside scoring is horrible if I put post as secondary.

Also what weight should I got with? I'm thinking 7'0 260, I'll have 88 strength still or 7'0 280lbs. This will be for ProAm btw

Last edited by ImInThis; 03-18-2018 at 08:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2018, 10:40 PM   #2
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Re: Best weight for sharpshooting post scoring big?

This is my Dirk build. I did 7ft PF 245lb just like Dirk. I just got gold post spin technician and have had brick wall gold with all my silver shooting badges for a while. I was put off this build several times before I finally maxed his post game. With a 75 post rating and silver badges I thought he was under performing. Now that I got the post rating and the badges he's much more efficient. People have been asking why I stopped running on him after being so successful the last few days. I was just never consistent shooting until I changed his jumper and started boosting. Now I'm shooting like a sharp first.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:26 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Max height & max weight are the best option for bigs this year, unfortunately.

The speed and athleticism advantages that an undersized big should have according to the ratings are not noticeable in live gameplay.

Last edited by jyoung; 03-19-2018 at 01:20 AM.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:48 AM   #4
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Max height & max weight are the best option for bigs this year, unfortunately.

The speed and athleticism advantages that an undersized big should have according to the ratings are not noticeable in live gameplay.
True for team, and most of the time in walk on as well. However, if you ACTUALLY have a 4 and a 5 that know how to play under sized you can make it work. The problem is that you have to space the floor on offense to pull at least one big out of the paint because they'll just camp if you're not a threat outside. My Dirk build can pull bigs out to top of the key instead of just in the corner where they can recover to the paint easily. Running pick and pop top of the key from the wings to the corner gives me almost half the court to work with. If they close on the 3, post and pull the patented Dirk fade. It's not perfect, but efficient. Plus post spin gold helps me get to the paint and even if they send help, I'll drop step through the double to an easy slam.

I've been getting kinda nasty with this build.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »