Home

Playing Zone and attribute clarification

This is a discussion on Playing Zone and attribute clarification within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2017, 02:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Playing Zone and attribute clarification

Hello everyone,

I was wondering why there is bare minimum information on how to play an effective Zone Defense? I try my best to use it, but it simply just seems like putting the odds against you. I will shut down CPU everytime in man, but Zone I am usually having a challenge until the end. On MyTeam I got demolished all 6 times. Why is this? Is it just not effective in 2k? I just want to try to get good at it.

3-2: is typically for jump shooting teams
2-3: is typically for post teams
Correct?

I wanted to know if someone could clarify some attributes for me.

1. Intangible (when on fire how high the stats go up?)
2. Passing IQ (I am the IQ?)
3. Off/Def Consistancy (Assuming how the CPU decides how stupid to be)
4. Hustle (Like how fast with no energy?)
5. Shot IQ (See number 2)
6. I heard Sam Pham say stamina doesn't effect your skills until 67. Yet my guys miss crazy in the 70s. I feel that is a myth and always keep fresh players in.
7. Moving shot

I understand 7 to an extent. But for instance Thompson Moving shot is rather low on MyTeam. If he's doing a floppy does this count as moving or the other attributes? I noticed a lot of times the catch and shoot appears which to be indicates he's not moving stat wise. Plus he does this all day in real life.

Does the long list of tendencies actually matter if you're playing? I always ignored them.

Last question involves contact dunk:

I have 97 Vince Carter and I just can't get him to postorize on people. He just attempts a layup instead of going for the dunk. It's made me regret spending a fortune for him haha. I typically hold turbo of course and press back on stick.

Thanks everyone sorry for the long post. Take care.

EDIT: I'm sorry few more questions about defense on fly settings. What does focus on stars do when you're playing a roster of stars like on MyTeam? lol It's these little settings I want to learn how to use. I was hoping it would focus on the top scorer that game. The

Last edited by LedLoaf; 03-03-2017 at 03:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »