Home

Just purchased 2K17 - Tell me about PLAYER ARCHETYPES

This is a discussion on Just purchased 2K17 - Tell me about PLAYER ARCHETYPES within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2017, 06:08 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Just purchased 2K17 - Tell me about PLAYER ARCHETYPES

The last guy i made is a 6'10 200lbs point forward.

Easily my best player:
- rebounds better than my 6'8 glass cleaner
- finishes better (even get a lot more contact dunks) than my 6'5 slasher
- gets more blocks than my 7'3 paint protector
- more steals than my 6'5 LDD
- extremely fast with the ball, 91 at 6'10...
- great handles and passing of course
- good enough (definitely not great) on ball defense because he covers a lot of ground and i can sag off a little (max wingspan)

The only thing he can't do (that i would actually use, of course there's more - post game for example) is shoot the 3 but i'm sure if i ever max that out he'll be solid from the corners.

Love taking it coast to coast of the defensive rebound using that HOF lob city passer if i have a slasher next to me or simply run by everybody. In the halfcourt the HOF dimer and flashy passer come in handy. I have the HOF ankle breaker (which was a real pain in the *** to get btw) but don't really use it since i enjoy (off) ball movement much more than iso's in the half court. Same with pick and roll maestro. Really hope we get to combine archetypes and pick which badges we want next year. Possibly a primary, secondary and tertiary archetype with HOF, gold and silver badges respectively. And of course corresponding attributes. But i digress... that's another thread.

So i think you made the right choice. Sometimes wish i picked 6'8 as well, instead of 6'10, for the extra speed and acceleration. Then again, i probably wouldn't get as many rebounds/blocks. All in all, it's worked out perfectly for me. I was a little hesitant about the anorexic 200lbs but i haven't noticed any downside tbh.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:46 PM   #10
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

I have a Point Forward and it's pretty fun. If you're gonna run park, you can boost him and be an all-purpose type of player.

I'd recommend getting Deadye and Corner 3s for shooting 3s. I hit open 3s with no problem and those badges always activate when I do it.

Your biggest weakness will be that you're not that strong and if you're not open under the basket, it might be hard to finish.

If you play online, you probably won't get to use your Playmaking skills much (especially with randoms), but your dribbling will be damn good, so there's still that.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:35 AM   #11
Rookie

Macs Power's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
I have a Point Forward and it's pretty fun. If you're gonna run park, you can boost him and be an all-purpose type of player.

I'd recommend getting Deadye and Corner 3s for shooting 3s. I hit open 3s with no problem and those badges always activate when I do it.

Your biggest weakness will be that you're not that strong and if you're not open under the basket, it might be hard to finish.

If you play online, you probably won't get to use your Playmaking skills much (especially with randoms), but your dribbling will be damn good, so there's still that.
I don't use boosts and I'm not gonna go out of my way to shoot 3's. I played the last 2 iterations of 2k and have a good idea on how people play online

You don't think i'll be able to play my game of passing and defending in park? I averaged nearly 3 assists with my C alone, I think i'll be able to do more now that my player can actually pass haha

I'll have to play some more to find out but won't debut into park until I'm at least a 65 overall. I'll let you know then

NBA Fan since 2007
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »