Home

Attempting to Rebuild the Dallas Mavericks in NBA 2K17

This is a discussion on Attempting to Rebuild the Dallas Mavericks in NBA 2K17 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2017, 05:50 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Attempting to Rebuild the Dallas Mavericks in NBA 2K17

I've been a Dallas Mavericks fan since 1998, spoiled by their consistent winning for the better part of a decade and a half. So it goes without saying that this season has been one for the toilet.

This up-and-down roller coaster of the Mavericks clawing toward the eighth seed in the Western Conference has been exhausting, especially while also expecting the tank to roll through Dallas so they have a chance at Markelle Fultz or Lonzo Ball in the draft. The Mavericks don't know what team they are, but I know the rebuild is coming.

So, I started it a bit early in NBA 2K17.

Read More - Attempting to Rebuild the Dallas Mavericks in NBA 2K17 (Written by: Danny Webster)
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2017, 07:02 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
omg you're terrible man! 😂😂😂 actually i'm doing the same thing. only difference is i had a better first season with a terrible roster (Barnes 21 ppg), Nowitzki didn't retire, Ferrell betrayed me for the Knicks, and i moved value better than you somehow, because i'm in year 2, 7-1 right now, without picks for the 2018, but three for the 2019 and the roster looks like Ntilikina, Middleton (18 ppg), Barnes (24.9 ppg) Nowitzki, Gobert (do not ask how 😂😂 Jazz proposed that!) and Grant (Jerian) Baldwin, Connaughton, Bennett (the one and the only, and actually good), Jamychal Green and mooooore prospects in Malik Beasley (growing well) Dillon Brooks, TJ Leaf and Kyle Kuzma!
Old 03-06-2017, 09:57 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
I was able to win an NBA championship with Dallas in 2020. Here was my lineup. Eric Bledsoe, Seth curry, Harrison Barnes, Harry Giles, Rudy Gobert, Yogi Ferrell, Ian Clark, Brandon wright, Derrick Favors.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:50 PM   #4
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Attempting to Rebuild the Dallas Mavericks in NBA 2K17

i've only won 2 golden balls with the Mavs and i'm in 2031! i guess that's good. my stars are getting old and it's time to rebuild again.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:09 PM   #5
Pro

Can't wait for the "Attempting to Rebuild 2k" thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2017, 07:02 PM   #6
Banned

maybe at the beginning of the season yeah but their team is coming together now, good draft pick & free agent signings i'm sure they will have a winning record next year
Old 03-07-2017, 07:18 PM   #7
Pro

zrohman's Arena

do you all play 82 games? I find it exhausting to do. That's a LOOOT of 2k.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:32 AM   #8
Rookie

First red flag was playing Harrison Barnes at the 4. Do they do that a lot in real life? I don't see why, he's still young and built like a 3. I also don't think he's a guy you can really build around, but hey it's realistic in that they might have to do that in real life. Next, I really liked the trade Phoenix offered to give you back Chandler to be Noel's backup and then you'd have Lonzo Ball. I'm assuming Wes is on a 1 year bad contract and Tyson's on a 2, so the extra year doesn't seem too bad to me. Plus free agency spending money isn't that big of a deal, bc you can't really get the max guys to sign with you and the ones who will aren't worth paying anyways. The rest of the decent players are usually only a few million a year and you can still get role players for the minimum to make up for a contract like that. Harry Giles scares me bc of the bad knees, he gets hurt a lot in 2K when you draft him. Also JJ is a horrible defender in 2K if you user play the games. Not trying to pick apart all your moves though, my opinion isn't necessarily right or better it's just my opinion. It's very tough to try to rebuild with Dallas in 2K, I've also tried and I failed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »