Home

Current gen gaming highlighting flaws in 2k.

This is a discussion on Current gen gaming highlighting flaws in 2k. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2017, 10:26 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Current gen gaming highlighting flaws in 2k.

All I want is the explosiveness that was there before all the patches.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:09 AM   #18
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

OVR: 0

There is no animation variety in this game. All you ever see is the same animations over and over again. They aren't good fluid animations either. They're all herky jerky animations that are eyesores. I really wish 2K would implement some sense of physics into the game. It would help variety a lot. But 2K's gameplay seems to be getting worse as the years go on.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:00 AM   #19
Rookie

youngprince41's Arena

If people want to use a better comparison why don't people use Fifa? My honest opinion from own experience is that FIFA is probably one of the best sports games in terms of gameplay. I don't believe I've really ever had a problem with FIFA's gameplay. If I did something wrong, it was my fault. If I did something right it was because I actually did something right. That game is made on a YEARLY basis and its been damn near flawless. The modes are good and the way you rank your player up online are absolutely perfect. No offense to 2K but they literally HOLD the casuals hands and its make the game more about who can do the most exploits to win other then having STICK SKILLS like they claimed it would be. Everything on YouTube about 2K is mainly about the NEW EXPLIOTS and the NEW DRIBBLE CHEESE. Barely nothing about actually playing the right way and learning the fundamentals of basketball. That should show you where 2k is at right now. Lets push for REAL SIM BASKETBALL. I believe in the dev team and this is not me trying to bash them but more of me trying to shine light to things that could damage the 2K Basketball legacy.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:05 AM   #20
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Dude head on over to the FIFA board. There have been multiple threads locked because they hate their game aswell.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:13 AM   #21
Pro

sudanmalkovich's Arena

look what others do even before the launch.
yes, they're making it annually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2017, 07:50 AM   #22
Rookie

youngprince41's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Dude head on over to the FIFA board. There have been multiple threads locked because they hate their game aswell.
Lol well maybe I haven't played it enough then... but I do still feel like out of all "successful" sports games, 2K has the most flaws or the "worst" flaws
Old 03-11-2017, 12:47 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
How was Aloy's foot planting? Any clipping in those robo-dinosaur skirmishes?

I don't see the relevance in comparing 2 different sorts of games.
It's not perfect because nothing ever is. My thread was to compare what other games companies are doing with current technology versus what 2k is, and whether this is actually playing a role in adding to the dissatisfaction, Apart from yourself of course, who I'm sure would find something positive to say if 2k released an empty case. I sort of admire that about you in a way.

Like I originally stated, I wasn't trying to bash 2k because it's been done to death, but I honestly think what other game companies are releasing is having an affect on what we, as consumers are prepared to settle for, 4 years in to current gen technology.

Last edited by Yesh2kdone; 03-11-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:48 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmalkovich

look what others do even before the launch.
yes, they're making it annually.
To be fair to 2k, they also provided lots of blogs and information on how the game has improved. They were just a little out of step when it came to accuracy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »