Home

Please stop making up for bad team-defense with OP CPU man to man defense

This is a discussion on Please stop making up for bad team-defense with OP CPU man to man defense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2017, 09:19 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Please stop making up for bad team-defense with OP CPU man to man defense

Everyone by now knows that help defense is almost broken in 2k17 (and previous versions 2)

This is probably known to devs as well

However CPU on ball defense is out of this world

I don't understand how a Kyrie or a Chris Paul can't just pass by Centers like Cousins, or even mediocre on-ball defenders like Curry without any help

The defender will push, pull, sometimes push you up to halfcourt without fould given

This is even worse online. Opponents will employ a Deny All, No help defense tactic, offballing with their center, and turn the game in a 1-on 1 wrestling match that resembles NOTHING of real basketball

IRL most offensive superstar would go off if their opponents would not provide any help in their defense. That's just not the case in 2k
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2017, 11:22 AM   #2
Rookie

catfish9-5's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Please stop making up for bad team-defense with OP CPU man to man defense

This reason alone is why I've quit playing this game. Not being able to turn the corner on defender takes away the fun or strategy of having a playmaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-12-2017, 01:44 PM   #3
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

One of the most unrealistic aspect of the game, clearly.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:31 PM   #4
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

This stuck like glue on-ball defense is pissing me off to no end and it's been an issue for years. If your grades on defense are D and F then you shouldn't be locking me down. I am Tony Parker and I should be able to blow by you or even with Ginoboli. It's unrealistic. Why have ratings and grades for? They do not matter.

Defense needs to be the #1 priority for 2K18. It's been nerve wrecking playing through MyLeague with the Spurs. Button input defense has to go. Why have dribble moves if they AI is going to respond to everything you do? Doing post moves or any move they are stuck to you like glue. I am tired of it. These threads lately have been heaven for me because I don't have to make them. Lots of members here are on the same page with me. It's been awesome.

By the way, seems like the last 2-4 updates have really been **** when it comes to defense. It has gotten even worse! I was having some fun with this game until these updates. I noticed this immediately. The game is just unbearable to play and I feel guilty because I always do MyLeague in March. MLB the Show 17 will arrive soon and I am never playing 2K17 again. I just have to suffer a few more weeks.

Last edited by Hellquist; 03-12-2017 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:38 PM   #5
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

I've been wanting a CPU defensive reaction time slider for a long time. I don't know if that's something that's possible. You could adjust the CPU time to react to the offensive player so it feels more human like. I think it would fix a lot of problems... And add new ones.

Last edited by Vni; 03-12-2017 at 02:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2017, 07:33 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I've been wanting a CPU defensive reaction time slider for a long time. I don't know if that's something that's possible. You could adjust the CPU time to react to the offensive player so it feels more human like. I think it would fix a lot of problems... And add new ones.
Yeah, maybe but i am mostly an online player between PNO and MTO
Old 03-12-2017, 09:04 PM   #7
Rookie

catfish9-5's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
What gets me is when I'm standing still and dribbling, I barely touch the stick to move a direction and the defender has "reacted" to the spot well before my player moves. That's when I shut down the game and haven't turned it back on. Just waiting for the show to come out.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:22 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

1 V 1 ball handler vs defender interactions should be the #1 gameplay focus for 2K18. (In addition to improving CPU defensive rotations)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »