Home

Thoughts on this? - Build drops 104pts in pro am.

This is a discussion on Thoughts on this? - Build drops 104pts in pro am. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2017, 11:05 AM   #73
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Thoughts on this? - Build drops 104pts in pro am.

My thought on this is that he's a poor teammate and he is playing the game for a different reason than playing basketball simulation. If you wanna play sim you need to get in the mode, it's not just gonna happen.

Pro Am is not sim basketball, it's arcade, and there you are going to get arcadey players.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 03-19-2017, 01:52 PM   #74
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0

The passing or stealing system need to be redone. There's no reason for a pass to have a magical force field around them that pushes my player out of the way.

Old 03-19-2017, 03:32 PM   #75
Pro

Clappington's Arena

Along with the HOF badges, high shooting rate, dribble moves such as the normal 1 hessy or that stupid side to side dribble, Overpowered Brick Wall, jumpshots. All of these things have honestly turned this game into a joke. I know some people who has been defending this mess since 2k first came out but I understand why. Skills aren't up to par so you need some help in that department. Also some of yall shouldn't respond to some people in this thread as they are very hard headed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2017, 03:48 PM   #76
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
The passing or stealing system need to be redone. There's no reason for a pass to have a magical force field around them that pushes my player out of the way.

Utterly ridiculous. I'm glad I'm not the only guy that sees that
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 03-19-2017, 04:57 PM   #77
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxmike
They don't want to respond to this. I feel like contested shots I shoot 5% now in 2K lol.

Jimmy Butler 47% contested FG %
Lillard 39%
Paul George 39%
Hayward 42%
Derozan 46%
Kawhi 51%

Yet if you shoot with someone contesting you as a sharpshooter now with 90 3pt rating you airball...
I agree that lightly contested forms of certain shots need to go in at a higher clips for realism. However heavily contested shots (such as shots that force you to fadeaway) need to go in less imo. I remember there was an article which mentioned this on this site.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:22 AM   #78
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
My thoughts are:

the other team was terrible. Their defense was terrible. I don't even find anything TOO offensive in the video other than him hitting 3s. At least, mechanically... dude leaking out all of the time, ending with 1 rebound, is pretty pathetic.

It's just 2k, man. That's what your thought should be "Ah, 2k." But no I don't think that build is extremely imbalanced if that's what you meant. Fast break D is the first skill you learn in online bball.

Some of the passes were moderately garbage, but I've played 2k long enough I'd say either A. I'd prolly steal some of them or B. that's just 2k.

-Smak

I went on to say what actually bothered me later on so.

However - that's the problem - "Ah it's just 2k" - i don't want it to be that way. That shouldn't be an excuse for not being mad at such issues.

As for the steal passes - i put a post here on my experience with stealing passes. One game in particular.

It's all about first person view - how it usually is - is that if you don't see what i see aka the moments where the game bails people out - you will automatically assume i just don't know how to play the game if i complain about certain things - and you are just better. Same thing we are assuming with the video we saw. We are assuming we would do better if we were a part of that team. And not actually just run around helpless with the rest of them. We call it terrible defense - yet forget the mechanics and archetype system of the game clearly favor offense.

It's just the whole "inferiority" complex. I'm just more open minded and less judgmental. And can relate to what those people experienced. As i personally see tons of problems with the game. So i don't blame them completely.

Heck there are tons of posts on problems with the game for a reason. But anyways.

To be clear - the main problem i have with the "video" is indeed with the passes - other posts have been made showing the issues - and i've experienced it tons of times. Aside from that - i just don't like bail outs. The game has a lot of bail outs currently IMO. I hope it becomes less arcade in the future. Unlikely but oh well.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:33 AM   #79
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxmike
They don't want to respond to this. I feel like contested shots I shoot 5% now in 2K lol.

Jimmy Butler 47% contested FG %
Lillard 39%
Paul George 39%
Hayward 42%
Derozan 46%
Kawhi 51%

Yet if you shoot with someone contesting you as a sharpshooter now with 90 3pt rating you airball...
I'm pretty sure those FG% are from 2 - in which case i'm sure shot creators shoot in peoples faces all the time. Heck closing out on shooters is hard enough already with their limitless range - that's already a major bailout considering pretty much the only guy who is known for consistently shooting that far is curry. I'm pretty sure i don't have to go into detail about the amount of impact that range can have on the floor - and how hard it makes it to help on defense. Therefore having to watch teammates let playmakers get past them 24/7. (Dribble god bs)

Let me get this straight though - you want to shoot higher % contested?.... where is the skill then?... what's the reward for defense?.... do you realize people would pass even less than they do now?...

So basically you want it to be more arcade? ... i really wish 2k would atleast have simulation servers. Cause there really can't be realism if there are people who just want too shoot in peoples faces all the time and make it.

Please clarify lol. Cause that's what i understood from your post.

Last edited by Leasim96; 03-20-2017 at 12:39 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:06 AM   #80
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayellis
I agree that lightly contested forms of certain shots need to go in at a higher clips for realism. However heavily contested shots (such as shots that force you to fadeaway) need to go in less imo. I remember there was an article which mentioned this on this site.
Also the only way this would work out realistically is if 2k fixes other problems such as defense, lead passing, lack of physicality by users on defense, limitless range, open shots going in over 70 percent, etc. Then lowering the effect of certain contests would be ok. If they just lowered shot contest the way it is, then the game would be even more absurd then it is currently

Last edited by shayellis; 03-20-2017 at 09:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »