Home

Forget Gameplay; 2K's (almost) Unplayable

This is a discussion on Forget Gameplay; 2K's (almost) Unplayable within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2017, 05:42 PM   #9
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Forget Gameplay; 2K's (almost) Unplayable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBallaBoy21

I couldn't have put it better myself. Making a new MyPlayer and going to the practice gym to do drills is torture because of these damn loading times. It takes over 15 minutes for the game to even get past the Paul George screen every time. My screen dims and everything because the XBOX thinks I'm afk...
And if you go on the dashboard too long it crashes the game lol

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

-Allen Iverson
Old 03-15-2017, 06:31 PM   #10
Rookie

The loading times have gotten better but you're still right.

Trying to load into the park in 15 was just horrible. Easily one of the worst experiences I have ever gone through with gaming. It got better in 16, and it's better now.

But I agree when it comes to using different MyPlayers, Dealing with connectivity issues with peers, etc.

I am in the same position you are. I'm 27, I've got a wife and daughter, two dogs, my own business, etc. 2K is my escape from everyday life. This game though can be infuriating and sometimes it's not even worth the headache. Like when they put out a tuning update that resets your control scheme but you don't actually realize it until you're in the middle of a game in the park.

I JUST WISH WHEN I PUT MY CONTROL SCHEME TO ABSOLUTE 2K WOULD JUST KEEP IT AT ABSOLUTE.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:41 PM   #11
Pro

Forget Gameplay; 2K's (almost) Unplayable

I tried to play with some friends yesterday and was already in 2K so I loaded in smoothly to his court but when we joined walk on I got the thing where the game makes a loud noise then crashes.
So I tried to restart so we could play.
Restarted the app 5 times because it kept getting stuck for 5-10 min on the PG screen each time I tried to start it.
Deleted my reserve space and the game starts immidialaty but it took me 20 min to re download the data.
Took another 20 to load into MC and 5 to get into his court when all of a sudden every bodies favorite update required appears... and that's enough 2K for the night.

I seriously spent about 1.5-2 hours trying to get into a game and it took so long I just got off... smh I honestly had started to forget why I've moved on to other games so early but it become clear again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2017, 08:45 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9

Didnt try as hard as you did but I tried to play mycareer after a few months of not picking it up. Loaded game went to kitchen came back still loading. Went to bathroom. STILL LOADING. Checked espn on the phone looked back up still loading. Shut game off
Old 03-16-2017, 10:15 AM   #13
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSsTOwN
Didnt try as hard as you did but I tried to play mycareer after a few months of not picking it up. Loaded game went to kitchen came back still loading. Went to bathroom. STILL LOADING. Checked espn on the phone looked back up still loading. Shut game off
Having a smart phone with internet access is a must when playing MyCareer.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:44 AM   #14
Pro

It's like they have a single person running back and forth from your ps4 to 2k HeadQuarters manually transferring information. Its unrealistically bad.
Old 03-17-2017, 01:08 AM   #15
Pro

hesko's Arena

OVR: 5

Hope that's not a sign of bad things to come
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2017, 06:31 AM   #16
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
Couldn't agree more. I really want it to change too, but 2k has shown time and time again that they don't give a rats *** about the community because they have no competition. If NBA Live makes a strong comeback next year, maybe 2k will start paying attention to us more.
I blame the publisher not the devs. The short development window, rushing out door to beat street dates and pushing a yearly annual release and trying to surpass the great 2k games of the past, is a difficult thing. They need to release this game every other year to Polish like crazy. I'm sure devs would love that . 9 months doesn't cut it. Not to mention the time they spent patching. But money is priority over the customers complaints. Looked what happened to Assassin's Creed when they started releasing it annually?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »