Home

How to Fix the New York Knicks in NBA 2K17

This is a discussion on How to Fix the New York Knicks in NBA 2K17 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2017, 03:05 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
How to Fix the New York Knicks in NBA 2K17

There is no worse position in basketball than to be mediocre. You lack the hope of a potential NBA Championship, and you can't pin your hopes on snagging a top three pick in the draft.

The Knicks could find themselves firmly planted in that sort of territory if they don't get lucky in the Lottery and end up in that 6-8 pick range. Long term, they might be unable to climb the standings for a playoff bid and too stubborn to sink the ship altogether.

So what can we do to fix the Knicks in NBA 2K17? It might be time for a full-on rebuild.

Read More - How to Fix the New York Knicks in NBA 2K17 (Written by: Ben Vollmer)
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2017, 03:22 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: How to Fix the New York Knicks in NBA 2K17

It starts at the top. Phil Jackson and all his triangles need to be removed from the office.

1. Fire Jackson
2. Trade Melo before he falls off completely
3. Don't resign Rose
4. Find a way to get rid of Noah (next to impossible)
5. Find by any means some young guard or guards who have potential
6. Move Porzingis to Center because he can't guard small 4 that are everywhere nowadays.
7. Hope for the best

But honestly, being a knicks fan for 20 years. I expect them to be bad for another 20 years. When you want them to win= they lose. When you want them to lose = they win. Just a shhhhole organization.
Old 03-16-2017, 03:43 PM   #3
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
The beauty (and problem) with video game basketball is that a team like the Knicks doesn't have to be rebuilt in 2K, they're contenders as is. As the user, you eliminate chemistry problems and issues such as Melo and Rose being ball-stoppers and lacking court vision. You throw the Triangle out the window. As a user, I'm essentially putting LeBron's brain and court vision into Melo's head. I turn Rose into a prime Rondo (more or less).

Start KP at the 5 and Melo at the 4 and you'll have two big mismatches most games. Rose is still quick and can get past his man, just pass the ball more in the PnR game and never take mid-range shots unlike the real-life Rose. Don't iso that often with Melo and limit the amount of mid-range shots he takes. Play an up-tempo style predicated on ball movement and PnR. KP and Melo can get tons of open looks from deep this way. Focus on threes, attacking the rim and getting to the charity stripe, just like the real-life successful teams in the NBA.

The bench isn't too shabby in video game-land either though it can be improved, especially at the PG position now that Jennings is gone. It could use a knockdown shooter as well. You can find cheap guys or FAs to fill that void. Hernangomez and KOQ are good front court role players and for some reason Kuz always shoots the ball well from deep for me.

Basically, on paper in 2K's world the Knicks can be a monster as long as you change their style and strategy. Their defense will still be a challenge, depending on how often you switch who you're controlling on D.

If you want to play it more realistically, blow things up and do a true rebuild while hanging on to KP and Willy.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:26 PM   #4
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

I thought they were the East's "Super Team" ? Well, that was according to DRose in late august.....clown. Anyone with an IQ of a fish could've told you the Knicks were doomed in the summer time.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:47 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
I thought they were the East's "Super Team" ? Well, that was according to DRose in late august.....clown. Anyone with an IQ of a fish could've told you the Knicks were doomed in the summer time.
It's better to bottom out as opposed to getting prepped to lose to CLE in the 2nd round. Just saying.

72% Team Pro Am| 77% Walk On|76% Park| A Teammate Grade| PS4 Name: JustCallMeSleepy. Pm me on here or add me on PS4 if you wanna run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2017, 05:59 PM   #6
Rookie

fzdoom's Arena

OVR: 1
I'm currently running a MyLeague with the Knicks, in the middle of year two (the 2017-2018 season) and the steps I took were:

Boston won the draft lottery and I got the 6th pick. I offered Melo and the 6th for the 1st pick and they agreed while also throwing in Jae Crowder. I drafted Markelle Fultz 1st overall. The Celtics added Melo and the 6th pick (they chose the big kid Markkanaen from Arizona) to a 50 win team to make their championship run.

At the trade deadline in year two I placed Noah on the block and the TWolves offered two expiring deals for Noah. The Twolves at this point were 6th seed in the West and adding a veteran - and one of Thibideau's favorites - seemed realistic to me for them to make a playoff run. I like to make trades that make sense and not just rape to CPU.

So there you have it. I'm now about 10 games under .500 at the break (i wasnt expecting to be good, im rebuilding of course), Fultz is a ROY candidate, KP is a beast, i still have Courtney Lee and his contract but its the only big contract left on the team, and i'm sure to get a top 10 pick in the next draft. Im on my way,
Old 03-17-2017, 10:37 AM   #7
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
The beauty (and problem) with video game basketball is that a team like the Knicks doesn't have to be rebuilt in 2K, they're contenders as is. As the user, you eliminate chemistry problems and issues such as Melo and Rose being ball-stoppers and lacking court vision. You throw the Triangle out the window. As a user, I'm essentially putting LeBron's brain and court vision into Melo's head. I turn Rose into a prime Rondo (more or less).

Start KP at the 5 and Melo at the 4 and you'll have two big mismatches most games. Rose is still quick and can get past his man, just pass the ball more in the PnR game and never take mid-range shots unlike the real-life Rose. Don't iso that often with Melo and limit the amount of mid-range shots he takes. Play an up-tempo style predicated on ball movement and PnR. KP and Melo can get tons of open looks from deep this way. Focus on threes, attacking the rim and getting to the charity stripe, just like the real-life successful teams in the NBA.

The bench isn't too shabby in video game-land either though it can be improved, especially at the PG position now that Jennings is gone. It could use a knockdown shooter as well. You can find cheap guys or FAs to fill that void. Hernangomez and KOQ are good front court role players and for some reason Kuz always shoots the ball well from deep for me.

Basically, on paper in 2K's world the Knicks can be a monster as long as you change their style and strategy. Their defense will still be a challenge, depending on how often you switch who you're controlling on D.

If you want to play it more realistically, blow things up and do a true rebuild while hanging on to KP and Willy.
I agree with this... The Knicks are actually a decent team in 2K with the Melo, KP and Rose trio. In my MyLeague Melo was injured for most of the first season and they ended up tanking and getting the 4th pick in the draft. The following year they drafted a 77 OVR Center and really didn't pick up anyone else, just swapped out Jennings for Ty Lawson. Melo played all season and they made the Eastern Conference Finals against my Celtics. They even forced me to a Game 7 before I finally knocked them out. Hopefully, they continue playing well because a good virtual Boston/NY rivalry should be fun.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 03-17-2017, 12:28 PM   #8
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh

If your playing coach mode like me, your going to struggle with the Knicks. I'm controlling the Bulls in MyGM and having a hard time getting into the playoffs. Can't imagine what the Knicks are going to be like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »