Home

Every player being able to shoot 3's in this game makes it terrible

This is a discussion on Every player being able to shoot 3's in this game makes it terrible within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2017, 05:52 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Every player being able to shoot 3's in this game makes it terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
Bingo.. /end thread. Green releases being 100% has ruined the game online. Can't leave anyone open when playing a competent user; ratings or player skillset be damned. Hopefully the devs find a middle ground for 18.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Green releases are actually 99%. I have missed about 5 green releases since the new shot meter was introduced in 2K15.

Two days ago in All Star Team Up, my friend using Isaiah Thomas missed a wide open green release from 3-point.

Michael Wang said he is changing green releases next year, I think it will correlate whether the player is on a hot streak or not. I wish we had the option to go back to the old school release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2017, 08:42 AM   #42
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
Green releases are actually 99%. I have missed about 5 green releases since the new shot meter was introduced in 2K15.

Two days ago in All Star Team Up, my friend using Isaiah Thomas missed a wide open green release from 3-point.

Michael Wang said he is changing green releases next year, I think it will correlate whether the player is on a hot streak or not. I wish we had the option to go back to the old school release.
He said that ? That would be interesting . You actually have to get hot and earn green releases.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 03-30-2017, 12:10 PM   #43
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

I have never missed a green release or seen it happen on 2K17. Previous ones it was possible though. Don't think so this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
He said that ? That would be interesting . You actually have to get hot and earn green releases.

Yeah he said that awhile ago. But I am not sure he set it in stone. But he definitely is considering you only getting green releases when you're hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 03-30-2017, 05:48 PM   #44
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I have never missed a green release or seen it happen on 2K17. Previous ones it was possible though. Don't think so this year.

Yeah he said that awhile ago. But I am not sure he set it in stone. But he definitely is considering you only getting green releases when you're hot.

Assuming he doesn't mean straight up blocked I have seen greens miss but it is rare and only occurred if you got a wonky animation that might make the shot hit the hit of the backboard or something.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:10 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
This is more of an online thing.

I hit a game winner with Gorgui Dieng, lol
To be fair Gorgui can shoot 3's when left open, he's shooting them at 36% this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2017, 12:01 AM   #46
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Paint protectors can hit 3's.

Makes the archetype system useless.

I wish 2K would stop trying to please everybody and stick to their guns.

If you choose an archetype you should have to live with the limitations of that archetype.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:41 PM   #47
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Every archetype dunking like Shaq and DeAndre Jordan under the rim, in traffic regardless of height and contact dunk rating is really annoying me. It's to the point I have to be concerned about a speed boosting Sharp ending the game on a standing dunk against me and my big because not even the big is able to deter the will of this mighty mouse who is determined to rise up and bahm on anything in its vicinity.

Even 5ft9 Sharpshooter can perform standing dunks in traffic? How does this agree with an Archetype system... Isiah Thomas is known for performing standing dunks against the likes of Carmelo and Gasol? Korver and Curry get down like this too? I don't even recall Jordan and Kobe routinely performing standing dunks in traffic as part of their scoring repitoire - in 17 this is routine business for everyone and it's like everyone gets the most ridiculously wicked highlight posters under the rim.

Why have we arrived at this point.. it omits the purpose of buying into archetype limitations.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-2017, 12:30 PM   #48
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

I call BS.

I think your friend said it should have been a green, but it wasn't.

Only greens I've hit that haven't gone in have been because I got blocked, mainly on lay ups.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »