Home

The Rule Change Thread

This is a discussion on The Rule Change Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2017, 12:40 PM   #1
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
The Rule Change Thread

This year 2k added an owner meetings feature in Be a Gm / My League in which the owners vote on rule changes and what not. So what potential rules do you guys think 2k should add to the rule change queue? And what rules have you seen in your franchise?

I'll start off...

- If a game goes to OT each player gets an extra foul to work with, so 7 instead of 6.

- NCAA style 1 and 1 free throw rule

- 15 active players per game

- A made shot after a foul results in 2 (Or 3 if it was a 3 point shot) free throws.

- Allow high schoolers to enter the league once again.

- 4 point line?

One other thing, 2k should adjust the AI as rules are implemented. In my franchise they did away with the back court violation yet players still treated it like a boundary. Also hypothetically, if they added a 4 point line it would open the game up in real life, yet I doubt it would make much difference in 2k.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2017, 09:57 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: The Rule Change Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
This year 2k added an owner meetings feature in Be a Gm / My League in which the owners vote on rule changes and what not. So what potential rules do you guys think 2k should add to the rule change queue? And what rules have you seen in your franchise?

I'll start off...

- If a game goes to OT each player gets an extra foul to work with, so 7 instead of 6.

- NCAA style 1 and 1 free throw rule

- 15 active players per game

- A made shot after a foul results in 2 (Or 3 if it was a 3 point shot) free throws.

- Allow high schoolers to enter the league once again.

- 4 point line?

One other thing, 2k should adjust the AI as rules are implemented. In my franchise they did away with the back court violation yet players still treated it like a boundary. Also hypothetically, if they added a 4 point line it would open the game up in real life, yet I doubt it would make much difference in 2k.
The 2 rules i underlined do already exist, with the high school one it displays as having come from a college when they are 18 (presumably because they didn't get rights to high schools)
In terms of the AI adjusting to no backcourt violation or a 4 point line it would be very difficult. 2K's player tendencies aren't the best (understating it) the only way 2k could have AI that adaptable would be through machine learning but thats along way away from being viable

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »