Home

having a really bad experience with Pro AM

This is a discussion on having a really bad experience with Pro AM within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2017, 12:11 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: having a really bad experience with Pro AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
I do that but then comes the issue of forgetting who ppl were when I get on again. I work a job with shifting hours so I can't consistently get a weeks worth a games in with the same guys. When I add ppl by the time I get around to seeing if they wanna play they've forgotten me or vice versa.

That's why I just want my randoms experience to be more consistent. I'm honestly not interested in making friend on PS4. I'm going back to Xbox in the next round of sports games anyway. Only reason I switched was to get ready for Kingdom Hearts(yes I brought a PS4 just for kingdom hearts don't judge me)
I really wish they had advanced stats, though, you have your court and you can watch TV, change the floor, put shoes on the rack, but you can't see someone's stats, their shot chart (or like a scouting focused shot chart that showed tendencies), last 10 games... I know you dudes remember when 2k had tendencies you could look at. I dunno how accurate they were though.

Walk on is cool, but it'd be cooler to have another step. What about like a gym that you'd load into like park with everyone shooting around and you could view stats and group up. Then you could just hit enter and go into a game.

The problem with rec center was that the waits were a bit ridic and it was always glitching out, not the format.

They could still keep the complete 'random' for extra bads who couldn't get anyone to group w/ them haha or didn't wanna wait, but even a step like that would be helpful.

We really need better stats and scouting reports, though. Seeing v basic stats and no idea how someone came about getting them just doesn't work for me.

Edit: Or what about if you could go into your court and be like 'open to grouping' and it could match you up with people, be like... sf lockdown and pg playmaker join/no. Or Glass cleaner C wants to join. Or you could filter it by position/archetype(if they keep that) and it'd show you their stats before so you wouldn't have to kick people once you saw they were trash.

-Smak

Last edited by ILLSmak; 04-03-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2017, 03:47 AM   #26
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

OVR: 0

They should just bring back a Rec Center that you can "create" (host) and then all your friends and their friends can join off with ability to toggle it to invite-only.

The best fun I've had online in this entire series was in 2K15 Rec Center where a regular bunch of about 20 of us used to hop on and nominate captains, then pick teams, and anyone who missed out was guaranteed a spot the next game.

Really felt much more community-oriented than Pro Am's randomness, I'd gladly sacrifice a bit more wait time than play with some of the troglodytes that taint Walk-on Pro Am in this year's game, and regular Pro Am you get matched up against random squads full of Brick Wall screen spamming douches
Old 04-03-2017, 04:18 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 8

To me pro-am is meant to be played with a team, not in the walk-on mode.

But the issue is that the 2k didn't do anything for facilititating the matching between free agents and teams/owners.

Speaking as a owner of a pro-am team, the free agent menu is useless. You cannot even search a free agent by archetype!
And, if you are not English, you cannot neither search for people speaking your language (and having a chat while playing pro-am is paramount).

Same reasonig goes for free agents: they cannot see what are the teams looking for their archetype, as well as the teams' record, stats, roster, etc etc

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »