Home

Comprehensive "Master List" of issues/things that need to be fixed in NBA2K

This is a discussion on Comprehensive "Master List" of issues/things that need to be fixed in NBA2K within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2017, 02:40 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Comprehensive "Master List" of issues/things that need to be fixed in NBA2K

Great thread... I thought about 6 years ago after NBA2K11 that the Development Team was the best bar none and they could do no wrong and the direction of the franchise would be legendary...

Fast forward to now...

There are certainly chinks in the armor... I am actually more worried about what they can do wrong than what can go right. It is a great sign that Live will be showed at E3 this year. I think 2K needs to feel the real threat of competition and the potential loss of market share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2017, 03:58 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

- Allow the ability to edit Historic Player ages, Example 2k15 I could change Wilt to 20 years Old, he's stuck at 37, 38 now.

- Fix that Strip Animation

- Offball riding animations that move players wayyy out of position delaying play development.

- CPU Players need to mind the baseline, Sprinting out of bounds too much on isolations

- The sticky glue that is HOF cpu defense

- Auto hesitation after sizeup moves preventing a clean drive, eye sore and allows defender recovery.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:38 PM   #11
Pro

I have tons of issues with this year's game but the main thing for me has to be the lack of control. Both offense and defense:

- input delay
- slow animations
- extra animations beyond my input
- stumbling and bumping animations
- getting stuck

This stuff was almost non existent on ps3 2k13/14, then on ps4 2k14 it started. Got even worse in 2k15 at launch, then after all the patches it was almost completely gone. The few that remained were acceptable/realistic and definitely not as long and drawn out as they are now. It returned in 2k16, though not as bad. Now in 17 it's the worst it's ever been imo.

In short, i just want the guy i'm controlling to do what i input WHEN i do it. Not a second later or even a split second later and most certainly not after a random animation.

Also, the mirror/magnetic/glue cpu defense has to go. They had both of these things mostly right in years past, i just don't understand how they managed to regress as opposed to improve. Then again i know nothing about making video games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2017, 07:05 AM   #12
Rookie

- the playing time in mycareer is still unrealistic. i still have to play the last minutes in a blow out, even though i'm the star player on my team. the playing time is way too strict. if it says 38 minutes, you play 38 minutes (or even more), no matter how a match progresses. this should be way more flexible. if it's clear, that a match will be a blow out, coach should take you out for the last minutes or even quarter (like he does with the rest of the startes btw...). instead, i and the bench mob have to grind a match to the end.

- let my player get injured. and not only as part of the scripted story, but as an actual part of the gameplay.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:01 AM   #13
Rookie

youngprince41's Arena

Great thread!! Lets definitly keep this one alive for the developers to see!! I will comment on this everyday just to keep it on the first page if I have to
Old 03-25-2017, 02:55 PM   #14
Rookie

rim physics need an overhaul. watch a real nba game, then play 2k. it's ridicilous how often the ball bounces around on the rim and how sometimes it changes direction in an unrealistic way in 2k17. sometimes it looks scripted af.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:49 PM   #15
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

Amazing thread that should be a sticky. 1st page of replies added everything I want fixed but I will add this:

1. Fix the excessive loose balls when you bump into a player.

2. Fix defensive stance, so I can stay in the stance instead of losing it when the AI does their whatever.

3. Fix the sucked into screens animations.

4. Fix the AI movement on defense to match the offensive movement.

5. The NBA is a perimeter oriented game now but fastbreaks need to be fixed to make it that not every play goes to the key or they are afraid of going into the paint.

6. Fix excessive pass deflections of the AI.

7. Fix the frequency of ticky tack fouls like you said in one of the previous patches and actually fix them this time.

8. FIX THE SPEED DISCREPANCY OF THE USER. The user should never be slower than the AI or the AI should never be capable of doing things a user can't do. It's like the ratings and grades don't matter on their end. They can play the same pace all game without resulting in cardiomyopathy. We have fatigue and stamina but it seems like the computer doesn't. AI can turbo all game long and don't get punished. I am sick of the user being punished for no reason. By the time you hit half court, half of your stamina is gone, so the AI will catch up but if I am the ball handler with a speed with ball 90 and the AI's speed rating is 67 then he shouldn't catch up with me, ever.

9. Defense needs to not only be fixed but needs to be main priority.

10. Fastbreaks/transition^^^

11. ACE settings I choose need to work and be highlighted! I want limit transition and I can't get it...

12. Fix the freezing the user from contesting or defending man to man. All about user control and stick skills this year? It's a blatant lie! Users do not have control of how things go.

13. Fix the blocks/block timing. Seems like there's a delay or when you do try to contest and your hand is clearing on the ball it's not a block when it's clearly a block. Shot goes in 99% of the time or I am called for a foul.

14. Fix the blatant cherry picking the AI does, e.g. inbound cutting, outlet pass to the big for an easy points in the paint. This is how cheese plays develop with online players because the AI is the one doing this. We don't see cheese plays out of nowhere. The AI does it like in 2K16 the big will follow the point guard slowly up court and the PG passes to the big for an wide open 3.

15. Fix the out of bounds force field. I'm guarding you and you're out of bounds clearly but you somehow with some unreal physics get back into the restricted area.

Last edited by Hellquist; 03-25-2017 at 11:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2017, 08:04 PM   #16
Banned

great list. it's a bit overwhelming - you may want to organize it a bit better (gameplay/graphical/technical) and prioritize it as well. i'd leave some things out like load times... i'd rather have them devote their resources to a quality game which i'd be more than happy to wait for the load. just a few suggestions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »