Home

Comprehensive "Master List" of issues/things that need to be fixed in NBA2K

This is a discussion on Comprehensive "Master List" of issues/things that need to be fixed in NBA2K within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2017, 03:41 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Comprehensive "Master List" of issues/things that need to be fixed in NBA2K

Fix ankle breaker so guys arent falling down by dribble spamming that creates unrealistic ankle breakers (like when your just standing still and your ankles break)

A mechanic I would like to see is if the defender attempts to swipe left and you perfectly input a crossover to the right, those ankles should snap.

Right now its just spamming the best animations to snap ankles for no reason most of the time.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:18 AM   #34
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2
Icon8 Re: Comprehensive "Master List" of issues/things that need to be fixed in NBA2K

1. Green releases should not be automatic makes. This inflates shot percentages to an absurd degree. However here is an alternative if you must keep automatic makes for some odd reason.
a.
Step 1. Make another color release such as blue for when a player times a shot perfectly but is not on fire. This blue release will not be an automatic make, it will just be the highest chance of making the shot WITHIN THEIR RATING.
Step 2.Only allow green releases when a player is on fire. I mean on fire too, not heating up or warm. People get warm extremely easy on 2k.

2. Standing Dunks by every player on the court needs to go. Every position and every height standing dunks in Pro Am, its wild. Also standing dunking ignoring contact is an obvious problem

3. Stamina has to mean alot more in terms of every movement. Moves that take up more space, should take up more stamina. Dunks should take up more stamina than layups generally.

4. Height is too overvalued and weight/strength is too irrelevant. Weight and strength should factor way more into every movement, turn, etc. that a player does. This is why most people everyone make 7"+ bigs, because their still as fast turning, moving, getting shots off, getting off the ground, etc. as smaller bigs are.

5. Players need to be able to lose the ball on their own for overdribbling.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:01 PM   #35
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
- Make backpedaling user controlled.

I think this will help greatly with the defendive movement. It's almost impossible to cover someone without going to an automatic backpedal. It's infuriating and has kept me away from playing 2k for months now.

THIS!!!!!!!! throw in the CPU full court pass to a wide open player...makes this a GLARING issue!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2017, 01:09 PM   #36
Just started!

bazzigoplay297's Arena

Pre-Show/Halftime Show/Post-Show also for myLeague expansion teams
Old 03-31-2017, 06:44 AM   #37
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Another issue: Play Now Online when you manually choose a playbook, 90% of the time it doesn't apply the playbook.

Also, defensive points of emphasis randomly switch on and off and are highlighted as white in the quick menu when you bring it up despite every setting being set to manual and ACE being turned off.

God I am sick of the bugs in this game.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-31-2017, 08:59 AM   #38
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

Everything in this thread is dead on, I'm reading all the comments going "yep, indeed, true, this, I agree..."
I think one thing not mentioned here is the desperate need of a new engine, it has to happen as the current one is from 2k14, when no one really knew what the PS4 and Xbox One could do.
Also, alley oop passes are the same for years, just give us more variety.
Simply look at 2010-13 Miami and learn.
Lastly, if a player isn't protecting the ball, I SHOULD BE ABLE TO STEAL THE DAMN THING, not warp to intense d and foul him, no PG/SG/SF in the NBA carries the ball with an open body, they almost always protect it, it's that simple

Last edited by DatIsraeliGuy; 03-31-2017 at 09:01 AM.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:57 AM   #39
Rookie

also, get rid of these bs turnover animations. everytime that happens, i would like to kick someone's teeth out tbh. especially when they happen in the 3rd or 4th quarter and i made without committing a turnover before.

Last edited by Bernte; 03-31-2017 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:47 PM   #40
Rookie

youngprince41's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernte
also, get rid of these bs turnover animations. everytime that happens, i would like to kick someone's teeth out tbh. especially when they happen in the 3rd or 4th quarter and i made without committing a turnover before.

I'm glad you have these clips because you are not the only one who goes through this. It's an eyesore and its bad for the game. This needs to be shown to the devs if they don't already know that this happens ALOT. It shouldn't happen at all and it ruins the game for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »