Home

Speed Boosting? Why Is It Still Here?

This is a discussion on Speed Boosting? Why Is It Still Here? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2017, 02:57 AM   #1
Rookie

REEality's Arena

OVR: 0
Speed Boosting? Why Is It Still Here?

I'll admit that I have a weakness for authentic basketball, realism to a fault. I will also admit that 2K overall is a great game. But im at the point where I only play sports games for team play, and i enjoy Mycareer. Highly anticipated 2K17 and new features for ProAM as I all for creating ur player and seeing how he and your friends fair against others. But what I don't get is, why are ProAM n Park so close gameplay wise? I mean the pace of the game seems to be extremely fast, the shooting percetages are ridiculous!!! But then people make playmakers and speed boost!!

Im no developer, but I know you can take the headache out of the game. I mean, 2K16 currently doesnt have it. Bad enough you have to deal with grand badges and all of the other enbalanced gameplay.

PLEASE GET RID OF SPEED BOOSTING
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2017, 04:14 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Speed Boosting? Why Is It Still Here?

Keep in mind that playmaker got 94+ speed with the ball without boost, unless you made a LDD your lateral quickness might be 70 max. Dont get me wrong i hate zigzagers but we lost explosiveness since the release. Anytime they nerfed playmakers they nerfed all the archetypes aswell. Now I feel slow as f... with my shot creator, everyone and his grand mama can pick up my dribble cuz everybody got pickpocket and spam the stick steal. The instant you tryna make a move your opponent swing his long arms through you 2 times at least and swipe the ball. The real problem is "stamina doesnt matter when it comes to combo dribbles"

Last edited by Nwordbelike; 03-27-2017 at 04:30 AM.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:22 AM   #3
Rookie

It's problematic because it's spammable. The actual explosion out of the animation feels really good I think it's good for the game, but guys stop and a half-second later are exploding in the complete opposite direction makes it look unrealistic and cheesy.

I think they should add a first-step mechanic, because that's what speedboosting is and what it feels like: you have an elite first step and can explode out of moves very dynamically.

Add a cooldown so it's non-spammable and give it to PG's / SG's or whoever is deserving of it and you can add a lot of diversity to more player builds than just Playmakers doing it until they get open off Brick Wall.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:24 PM   #4
Rookie

Real basketball is played with explosive moves, stop and gos
Hesitations, btw the legs, left right crossovers...etc

So no...leave speed boosting on the game.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:29 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter

I've never seen anyone do a half crossover before glitching a hop step backwards 4 times on the trot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2017, 05:40 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter

Surely its the change of speed rather than outright speed that allows elite ball handlers to get past their opponent?
Old 03-27-2017, 07:26 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by REEality
I'll admit that I have a weakness for authentic basketball, realism to a fault. I will also admit that 2K overall is a great game. But im at the point where I only play sports games for team play, and i enjoy Mycareer. Highly anticipated 2K17 and new features for ProAM as I all for creating ur player and seeing how he and your friends fair against others. But what I don't get is, why are ProAM n Park so close gameplay wise? I mean the pace of the game seems to be extremely fast, the shooting percetages are ridiculous!!! But then people make playmakers and speed boost!!

Im no developer, but I know you can take the headache out of the game. I mean, 2K16 currently doesnt have it. Bad enough you have to deal with grand badges and all of the other enbalanced gameplay.

PLEASE GET RID OF SPEED BOOSTING

Professor steps back alot and left right crossover ad nauseum

Kyrie Irving Speed dribbles until he gets free

Please watch actual basketball games and not start threads which go against the very fabric of basic fundamentals. Explosiveness out of dribbling is a very natural and realistic thing. You cant expect 2k to remove it out of the game just because you dont like how people are using it against you. It would do your self a service by learning how to do it yourself so you can counteract with your own dribble moves instead of saying that it should be removed altogether.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:36 PM   #8
Pro

I think what you're referring to is Hopstep cheese. If that is so, please refer to it, as such.

Every time someone says 'Speedboosting' the next patch they nerf dribbling speeds, no when I drop someone, my player does a dragging-auto-hesi-extra-step animation before proceeding in the direction I want them to go.

As someone who plays mainly online and enjoys dribbling, pre patch dribbling-aside from the Hopstep cheese- was good dribbling. The only problem i and has always been the Hopstep teleport cheese. Pre patch as a playmaker I was guarding playmakers fine, on the park the only 'speed boost' I encountered was the hop step.

They've toned down the dribbling soo much the next step is to remove it entirely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »