Home

Another NBA 2K17 Gameplay Patch is Coming - What Would You Like to See Patched?

This is a discussion on Another NBA 2K17 Gameplay Patch is Coming - What Would You Like to See Patched? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2017, 01:49 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Another NBA 2K17 Patch is Coming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
- re-define shooting off the dribble as shots off the dribble and not just leaners and hop-steps. As of now, the sharpshooters are all Curry because they can do whatever dribble moves and still stop and pop.

- lower standing dunks significantly...across the board.

- make 50/50 balls actually 50/50 and not 80/20 in favor of the offense.

- return dribbling to how it was before patch 6 with a greater hit to temp stamina for dribble moves that require R2.

- more fouls for players with a low block rating and for running into shooters

- passes should be more susceptible to deflections when thrown at some in the 'hands up' animation.
Lol, as I've said before, they can make that 'shoot off dribble' change you guys keep asking for. Just remember to be careful what you ask for. If you think Sharpshooters can be OP with that, just imagine what Shot Creators will be able to do with that change. I have one, and I'd gladly show just how unstoppable they would become.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:57 PM   #50
Rookie

RallerenAFC's Arena

They should look at blocks not steals if you ask me. People with a 74 block rating find it too easy to get blocks if you ask me. Sometimes if you just pump fake in the paint and your opponent presses triangle at the same the ball gets blocked even though your player hasn't even released the ball yet.

Another thing is a little conspiracy theory that I have and I might be off the mark but some hof badges doesn't work as well as they should. I saw a YouTuber mentioning this in a video that he got more ankles with the gold ankle breaker badge than with the hof ankle breaker badge. I have two lockdowns myself with hof def stopper but I don't see the effects of the badge. Yesterday a sharpshooter I was guarding pulled a fadeaway three from almost half court. And I was wondering how he could do that!? My badge should cancel out his limitless range so that would have been a terrible shot but it didn't and he made the shot.

The pick dodger hof also feels like it ain't working properly. I had it on gold for a short while and the animations I got when running around screens was so much better than I get now with the better badge!!! Same thing with hall of fame rim protector. I don't feel a difference between that and the bronze badge.

If I'm right in my theory this has to be sorted now. I really hope I am wrong but I am afraid it ain't so.

Another thing is the contested shots in the midrange area that people somehow make against me. I can play perfect defense on them but then they get bailed out because apparently 94 shot contest is not enough to make them miss the shots. Honestly just contested shots all around have to be toned down.

The last thing is that people should be able to foul out of games in the park. There is no penalty for reaching other than it affects your team grade and a lot of people don't care about that. I think 3 or 4 fouls should be enough to foul out of a MyPark game. This could also bring down steals because people can't just reach all the time without being punished. If 2k implement this people have to stop at some point.
Old 04-02-2017, 02:34 PM   #51
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

If there was one general thing I'd like to be patched, it would be just to give the user complete control of our players in all aspects of the game. Let go of all the help and pre-made decision making that sometimes take over our players. I think this would solve a lot of issues most people have with the game.

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2017, 02:55 PM   #52
Pro

Re: Another NBA 2K17 Gameplay Patch is Coming - What Would You Like to See Patched?

1. Fast Break AI

WHY ON EARTH! IS DEANDRE JORDAN SPRINTING to the corner 3

on a 2 on 1 Fastbreak!!!

This is what happens when you watch GSW Highlights, You get Deandre Ready to pop 3s, you get Bigs doing step back three animations from the mid to the 3 point line.

2. Getting crashed into by out of position players and getting called for the turnover.

3. Double teaming after I reach 7 points... With Mike Miller. Really?

4. Auto Hesi after dribble moves (Ankle Breaker then your player is stalling his own drive, defense recovers)

5. When CPU HOF defenders are literally HOF defenders meaning TJ MCconell has the lateral quickness of a prime Pippen fused with Gary Payton, and is able to recover unrealistically as if Skates were his choice of footwear that day, and they're sliding and clipping and pulling and pushing everywhere.

6. Fix Offline Posterizer. Because I can't equip contact dunk packages, it's nearly useless.
Old 04-02-2017, 03:09 PM   #53
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Another NBA 2K17 Gameplay Patch is Coming - What Would You Like to See Patched?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixEverything2k
1. Fast Break AI

WHY ON EARTH! IS DEANDRE JORDAN SPRINTING to the corner 3

on a 2 on 1 Fastbreak!!!

This is what happens when you watch GSW Highlights, You get Deandre Ready to pop 3s, you get Bigs doing step back three animations from the mid to the 3 point line.

2. Getting crashed into by out of position players and getting called for the turnover.

3. Double teaming after I reach 7 points... With Mike Miller. Really?

4. Auto Hesi after dribble moves (Ankle Breaker then your player is stalling his own drive, defense recovers)

5. When CPU HOF defenders are literally HOF defenders meaning TJ MCconell has the lateral quickness of a prime Pippen fused with Gary Payton, and is able to recover unrealistically as if Skates were his choice of footwear that day, and they're sliding and clipping and pulling and pushing everywhere.

6. Fix Offline Posterizer. Because I can't equip contact dunk packages, it's nearly useless.
this made me laugh
Old 04-02-2017, 03:15 PM   #54
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

one thing i noticed recently is that clear path to the hoop fouls aren't being called anymore.

seen this on pro am and on PNO.

One I literally had a one on one with a guard and he got a blocking foul trying to cut me off and it went to an inbounds play coz I wasn't in bonus.
Old 04-02-2017, 03:45 PM   #55
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallerenAFC
They should look at blocks not steals if you ask me. People with a 74 block rating find it too easy to get blocks if you ask me. Sometimes if you just pump fake in the paint and your opponent presses triangle at the same the ball gets blocked even though your player hasn't even released the ball yet.

Another thing is a little conspiracy theory that I have and I might be off the mark but some hof badges doesn't work as well as they should. I saw a YouTuber mentioning this in a video that he got more ankles with the gold ankle breaker badge than with the hof ankle breaker badge. I have two lockdowns myself with hof def stopper but I don't see the effects of the badge. Yesterday a sharpshooter I was guarding pulled a fadeaway three from almost half court. And I was wondering how he could do that!? My badge should cancel out his limitless range so that would have been a terrible shot but it didn't and he made the shot.

The pick dodger hof also feels like it ain't working properly. I had it on gold for a short while and the animations I got when running around screens was so much better than I get now with the better badge!!! Same thing with hall of fame rim protector. I don't feel a difference between that and the bronze badge.

If I'm right in my theory this has to be sorted now. I really hope I am wrong but I am afraid it ain't so.

Another thing is the contested shots in the midrange area that people somehow make against me. I can play perfect defense on them but then they get bailed out because apparently 94 shot contest is not enough to make them miss the shots. Honestly just contested shots all around have to be toned down.

The last thing is that people should be able to foul out of games in the park. There is no penalty for reaching other than it affects your team grade and a lot of people don't care about that. I think 3 or 4 fouls should be enough to foul out of a MyPark game. This could also bring down steals because people can't just reach all the time without being punished. If 2k implement this people have to stop at some point.
I think HOF defensive stopper is broken at times. It's supposed to drop HOF badges to bronze. There is an animation that only post scorers get with HOF drop stepper. It's a more aggressive version of the drop step. A post Scorer did this move to me despite HOF defensive stopper. Disappointing
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2017, 04:15 PM   #56
MVP

Please fix the in game on the fly defensive menus so they work for pete's sake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »