Home

What animations do you feel need to be added and removed to and from the game?

This is a discussion on What animations do you feel need to be added and removed to and from the game? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2017, 01:32 PM   #73
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What animations do you feel need to be added and removed to and from the game?

There needs to be more skill implemented into getting blocks. As someone who played high school ball, blocking shots isn't just some piece of cake. There's actual timing and skill that goes into it
Old 05-01-2017, 02:08 PM   #74
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What animations do you feel need to be added and removed to and from the game?

My greatest annoyance right now is the game initiating a bounce pass when I did not give a user command for a bounce pass!

It wasn't always this way but now it's becoming so that 50% or more of my passes are bounced without me even delivering the input for a bounce pass - the game just arbitrarily decides to do this on its own.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2017, 03:41 PM   #75
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
My greatest annoyance right now is the game initiating a bounce pass when I did not give a user command for a bounce pass!

It wasn't always this way but now it's becoming so that 50% or more of my passes are bounced without me even delivering the input for a bounce pass - the game just arbitrarily decides to do this on its own.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Ok so it wasn't just me who noticed the increase in bounce passes. Highly frustrating as it's done in the worst possible situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2017, 12:09 PM   #76
Rookie

+ more and new PnR Man animations plus big man short roll (Gasol like)
+ increase ball handling quickness for slow animations
+ re add and enhance off-ball fakes
+ add slip the pick animation (in general I would prefer let AI decide when roll/short-roll/pop/slip to paint/slip to 3 based on IQ instead of deciding each single movement)
+ enhance effectiveness of steal attempts
+ increase quickness of bounce passes

- remove on ball D bounce animation (I don't bounce ball handlers, if yes I commit a foul or take a charging foul)
- remove (CPU only) pass lane steal, basically when you try a backdoor pass and CPU centers jump and raise their arm stopping the pass and causing turnover
- not really an animation but in fastbreaks I would like to see AI players filling the lane and running towards the basket or the corners based on gameplan instructions and room available
Old 05-02-2017, 12:24 PM   #77
Pro

El_Tercero's Arena

Faster/More Effective lay up animations for small guards like CP3, IT, Kemba, Tony Parker, Kyle Lowry. Frustrating when getting to the lane and guys coming half way across the court to block a well earned lay up because of slow animations.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:01 AM   #78
Rookie

Contact layup animations need to be far stronger. Watch any of the current elite wings in the league like Lebron, PG, Kawhi, Durant, Butler, Hayward.

Watch how they basically swing elbows and use their arm to muscle their way to the rim.

Make the contact layups more physical.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:53 PM   #79
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

As a general rule, layups are way too slow. You rarely see this type of animations.

Old 05-07-2017, 10:57 PM   #80
Banned

Basketball123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
As a general rule, layups are way too slow. You rarely see this type of animations.

Yes very much and we need to remove the animation where the player gets bumped by the opponent on a layup attempt and either throws the ball away or takes some stupid shot that will not go in

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »