Home

What animations do you feel need to be added and removed to and from the game?

This is a discussion on What animations do you feel need to be added and removed to and from the game? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2017, 01:13 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What animations do you feel need to be added and removed to and from the game?

How about if i defender goes up to block your shot & he gets faked or mis times it, he shouldn't be able to recover in time when you go up for a dunk, & on a fast break when you pass a ball to a player, he won't move to the basket & takes an open jumper because thats what 2k wants = bs & that transition defense, this is the 3rd yr in a row & the sam cheese is in the game, I swear every since 2k has the park, the online game is horrible & more cheesy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2017, 07:27 PM   #66
Rookie

gremdog8's Arena

Re: What animations do you feel need to be added and removed to and from the game?

Super slow unrealistic lob passes you throw at times. Having a guy sealed off in the post and not being able to run away from him like he has a hold of you and get called for the 3 seconds, the random at times i'm on D and playing a little off my man towards the paint to help protect that and I become frozen for a few seconds where I can't move at all. the stupid tip in animations where guys are reaching so far behind there bodies with one arm and making them at alarming rate no matter where it's triggered from, got beat by boogie from one he done from almost the free throw line contested the other night. The alley oop animations are all horrendous and all need to be looked at and addressed. A lot of other animations as others as mentioned in the post as well but these are what I would like to see fixed. Honestly I agree with taking a year off in between cycles at least this year. Every year we are getting the same hard coded issues from past 2ks that never get addressed and usually just add newer issues on top of those so maybe it's time to start this game over from scratch.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:10 PM   #67
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremdog8
Super slow unrealistic lob passes you throw at times. Having a guy sealed off in the post and not being able to run away from him like he has a hold of you and get called for the 3 seconds, the random at times i'm on D and playing a little off my man towards the paint to help protect that and I become frozen for a few seconds where I can't move at all. the stupid tip in animations where guys are reaching so far behind there bodies with one arm and making them at alarming rate no matter where it's triggered from, got beat by boogie from one he done from almost the free throw line contested the other night. The alley oop animations are all horrendous and all need to be looked at and addressed. A lot of other animations as others as mentioned in the post as well but these are what I would like to see fixed. Honestly I agree with taking a year off in between cycles at least this year. Every year we are getting the same hard coded issues from past 2ks that never get addressed and usually just add newer issues on top of those so maybe it's time to start this game over from scratch.
Slow, lob passes are horrible. Nobody throws those in the real nba.

Also, what the hell is up with not being able to throw an accurate ally oop in this game? How hard could it possibly be to toss the ball to the guy who's cutting to the hoop, especially when you're a professional basketball player.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:05 PM   #68
Pro

The TRASH standing layup animation, where they take 5 seconds to bend their knees, only to raise to their tippy toes like a child and flick their wrist, 9 times out of 10 your shot gets swatted to the depths of the hell.

Shaq would be DEVASTATED if he found out his player was even able to trigger this animation. This animation should be reserved for 5'7 players with 25 vert and a 25 standing layup, because that is the only scenario I see someone taking a whole 5 seconds to gather for a standing layup and not get off the ground.

The last 3 seconds of every rebound animation ever

Why is it bigs come down with the ball like they just caught a new born baby falling from the rafters, there is 0 sense of urgency in almost all of the Rebounding animations. I see people WIDE open in the paint all alone catch a rebound and take 3 seconds to gather their composure. This is a fast paced sport, go Look at Gobert Rebound, does he grab the ball and come down with it frozen in shock?

The one handed grab rebound animation is one of the only ones with a sense of urgency and we need more animations like it.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:06 AM   #69
Rookie

First off, I mainly play offline on real FG%.

I have a huge problem with 2K's obsession with allowing CPU's shot selection to be utter sh*t.

The CPU and I do end up hitting around 40-55% of our shots depending on the game, which I'm happy with.

2K, however, has absolutely no clue what shots their taking.

Every player 6'8 or below thinks they're Curry shooting off-balance step-back 3's and chucking up floaters in the lane that should have no prayer of going in.

However, 2K, because of their awful AI, has to compensate and therefore let these awful shots drop in to keep the game close.

This is my biggest issue.

The quality of CPU shot selection and the correlation with their % of makes is unrealistic.

I'm trying to find the best shot possible. Be it a layup, draw the foul, or an open 3 (I'm basically playing Morey-ball in terms of efficiency).

And the CPU is on the other end chucking up bad animations.

Mike Wang, just make it so quality/type of shot in 2K18 matters. And don't program the CPU to take step-back 3's all day. And tell the animation team to get better contact layup animations.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:51 AM   #70
Pro

dom5552's Arena

OVR: 3

It has probably already been said but the animation where guys that are open will do a step back fadeaway instead of just catching and shooting. Demarcus Cousins used to do it all the time in MyCareer and it basically takes what would normally be a 50-60% shot to a 10-20% shot (depending on the player, but this was the case for Cousins) and it allows the defender to contest the shot. The whole point of a step back is to create space and doing a step back while open in this game does exactly the opposite

PSN: TheDom45
Old 05-01-2017, 02:58 AM   #71
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I am
How about if i defender goes up to block your shot & he gets faked or mis times it, he shouldn't be able to recover in time when you go up for a dunk, & on a fast break when you pass a ball to a player, he won't move to the basket & takes an open jumper because thats what 2k wants = bs & that transition defense, this is the 3rd yr in a row & the sam cheese is in the game, I swear every since 2k has the park, the online game is horrible & more cheesy
Not to mention when the user blocks a shot that hasn't even gone up yet (while he's falling to the floor somehow...) or when the block animation results in him falling on top of the offensive player while the ref swallows his whistle.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2017, 08:37 AM   #72
Rookie

This engine and physics are broken so we will continue to see new broken animations. Its like fixing leaks, you clog one part then it drips somewhere else.

All i ask is you make a slider tendency for hard fouls and keep it at 100.
There's way too many LeBron-like and1's in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »