Home

NBA 2K17 Patch #12 Along with Patch Notes, Scheduled to Arrive Tomorrow

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Patch #12 Along with Patch Notes, Scheduled to Arrive Tomorrow within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2017, 12:09 PM   #41
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecast
You will never get basketball simulation because this is not reality, it is a game. 2K has always been a game with major flaws and it is going to be like this forever. It is just the way they do things.
I think it simply comes down to the fact that mimicking and simulating real nba basketball isn't possible. NBA basketball isn't just about the team or player with the best basketball IQ sometimes it just comes down to being more athletic (faster, stronger, quicker, bigger, etc) than your opponent.

There are players in the league that can put up "videogame" type performances. Sometimes it looks like cheese. Steph Curry last year was just doing unfair things. Russell Westbrook has been all but unstoppable this year. Lebron against the Celtics on Wednesday alone looked unguardable, getting to the rim basically at will. Isaiah Thomas this year has been doing things a guy his size should not be doing (hitting contest 3s, driving on bigger defenders and scoring). It's a part of what makes the nba so special and exciting. Seeing things that you don't think players should be able to do.

I don't know how a basketball simulation can possibly allow for those types of performances but also eliminate all forms of cheese. Plus at the end of the day it's still a videogame. If making a completely flawless game was easy it would done regularly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2017, 12:11 PM   #42
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Patch #12 Along with Patch Notes, Scheduled to Arrive Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
This is intended to be an exhaustive list of all the issues with this game through its various game modes. If I am missing any obvious ones, please bring them up.

This should ideally serve as something of a "check list" for 2K to work on; think of it as a JIRA task list for the devs out there

____

* Fix freezing on game loading screens

* Lower the excessively long loading times in all modes

* Opponents allowed too many pauses in online games

* Remove technical fouls from blacktop

* Fix Centers not getting back on D after made baskets

* Fix AI pick and roll defense

* Stop coaching Points of Emphasis from auto applying in the on the fly menu even with ACE turned off

* Fix controller settings randomly resetting

* Fix playbooks in MyTeam randomly disappearing

* Add a Random Challenge Generator to MyTeam for offline play infinite replayability

* Fix the camera randomly zooming in on players crotches for 30 seconds in MyTeam and players walking around aimlessly after breaking up the Jump Ball

* Skinny body types that look like starving children need to be addressed - admit you (2K) messed up and deleted last year's extra body types by accident

* Fix the losses when your opponent quits issue

* Switch MyPlayer Attribute upgrades back to individual stats rather than "bucket system" for more variety of builds

* Make sure we always get our VC credit for winning games/leagues in all game modes

* Remove auto double teaming after scoring 2 baskets in MyCareer

* Reduce the "sticky" bumping on ball defense that would be an instant foul in the real NBA

* Fix AI players teleport-stealing passes made behind their heads

* Punish dumb contested shots more harshly, and reward good passing and teamwork

* Add a public guide to getting badges and explain exactly what each one does

* Explain in detail exactly what each attribute and tendency does

* Tone down Brick Wall screen spam

* Make the "hop step gather" a double dribble if people try to dribble again after doing it as it would be in real life

* Better AI transition defense after made baskets in all positions; if you can't achieve this, then at least remove the "quick inbound when spamming pass" animation after made baskets and allow a few seconds for defense to get back

* Make players actually follow defensive settings and sticking to shooters if set to tight/smother etc instead of a placebo effect

* Remove playing against different difficulty levels in MyTeam Online

* Make MyTeam Online tiers based on roster Overall rating and cap each league at an increasingly higher rating so we can use whatever player we want, but have to create a team smartly instead of all 99 diamonds who can do everything

* Remove the ability to have court and line colours the same colour in Team Creation

* Stop our players auto-fouling when not actually pressing anything on the controller

* Ability to add/remove accessories to existing players in MyLeague

* Complete removal of "locked in" celebration animations after scoring

* Reduced down time between games in Mypark (something to do while waiting, maybe a practice court you're loaded onto that you can shoot around while waiting?)

* MyTeam custom tournaments with ability to cap overall roster ratings, set difficulty level, offer prizes for winners, etc.

* Matchmaking based on average Teammate Grade in Walk On Pro Am

* Fix disconnections when launching pro am games

* Less time spent "not playing" the game, e.g waiting for ref to inbound the ball, in game stat overlays, time outs taking too long, unskippable cutscenes etc etc)

* Ensure inter-tier matchmaking always works in Play Now Online

* Don't hold "Park after Dark" events if you don't have the server infrastructure to support them

* Make us update the game before launching if one is needed instead of popping up the stupid Update Required overlay just as we start a game

* Ability to set and save standard line up/bench substitution/point of emphasis/camera angle etc in all game modes so doesn't need to be set in game EVERY damn time

* On the Fly Coaching menu should allow us to sub players to different positions (e.g PG to SG, PF to C)

* Directional passing needs to be way more accurate, it was better years ago and goes to the wrong person even if you change setting from "default" to "direction"

* Passing faster and crisper depending on passing ability of player; general reduction of "floaty" slow passes at close range unless lob pass button is pressed

* More punishment and less reward for simply turbo spamming down court and into the paint

* Body types - more variety in general; body sliders would be ideal

* Jordan Rec Center reintroduction

* Ability to join friends' MyPark from main menu instead of loading into Park, then loading into another park etc etc

* More realistic Loose Ball situations instead of the ball going back to the offense 99% of the time for an instant score

* Fix" directors cut" replays lasting for like 2 seconds and thus being pointless in all game modes

* Make smaller players more viable finishing layups (Iverson etc are really underpowered in 2K, maybe an "elusiveness" rating that avoids blocks?)

* Scaling back of "momentum" cheese where all the personality badges of star players combine when losing to make them hit unrealistic contested shots

* All Star weekend (dunk contest etc) accessible from main menu, its already in the game but we can only access the content halfway through a season? Stupid.

* Better ability to draw charging fouls if people are spamming turbo again

* Online leagues and lobbies to join

* Ability to call plays in blacktop/switch match ups of players

* Weight of players needs to matter

* Lock dribble animations based on ball handling skill (centers shouldn't be able to use Steph Curry size ups etc)

* Improve your server infrastructure in general and let us know where the servers are actually located/ping them so we can join the best one

* Remove green releases being an automatic make

* Fix timing on layups so that you time it when you release the ball, not when your feet leave the ground. Same with post moves.

* Remove the "teleport instant dunk" standing dunk animation

Replace Ronnie2K with someone who actually cares about the community
So all of this has to wait until next year?
Old 04-07-2017, 12:13 PM   #43
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSTLER_79
I havent touched 2k17 in a month because i cant stand the fastbreak ....thats the worst programming EVER and made it unplayable for me ...if its in 2k18 i will NOT pick up the game .
I might get a ban for bashing game developers but im also tired of this tyranny type of zero tolerance ..

We gamers are getting conned and they feed us broken patches all year long ..and the game got worse!
You might need to be more descriptive with your complaint. What exactly is it about the fast break that is broken or that you don't like? Simply saying "I can't stand the fastbreak" indicates a problem without explaining what the problem is.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:18 PM   #44
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
Hopefully sometimes soon. Also, I'm hoping they put at the FULL notes this time too. Not this bull**** that they've been giving us lately. A 7 gigabyte patch with only 3-5 notes?! You've gotta be kidding me. There's definetly something they haven't been telling us but i'm hoping they tell us everything this time
you know you guys on console are download every patch that was released before again? that's why the patches are so big for you. on pc, the patch is just 45 mb.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:22 PM   #45
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
you know you guys on console are download every patch that was released before again? that's why the patches are so big for you. on pc, the patch is just 45 mb.
No other game on Xbox updates like this for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2017, 12:26 PM   #46
Pro

sudanmalkovich's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSTLER_79
I havent touched 2k17 in a month because i cant stand the fastbreak ....thats the worst programming EVER and made it unplayable for me

- Removed select dribbler collision reactions that would slow down the ball handler when contact was made from behind.

maybe this would help.
don't get your hopes up too much though, this is nba2k17 we're talking about.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:32 PM   #47
Rookie

Maxflier's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
Can anyone explain why it has to work this way for this one particular game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »