Home

New NBA 2K17 Patch: Expanded Dev Notes

This is a discussion on New NBA 2K17 Patch: Expanded Dev Notes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2017, 12:00 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New NBA 2K17 Patch: Expanded Dev Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Just did this based on your question.

https://youtu.be/skoqR3VLSHc

Hey Czar. We appreciate you coming in to explain this stuff, even though it's so late in the year. I do however think in your video, you are mistaken on how the Help Rules work just like we were earlier in the year.

Using your example with Kevin Love:
If I set Help Rules to No Help on Love, this means that no one will come to help if Kevin Love beats his man off of the dribble. This does not mean that you will not help off of Kevin Love if say Lebron beats his man off the dribble.

It's a "help on this guy" setting, not a "help off of this guy" setting.

Here's a post from alabamarob I snatched from the Defensive Settings Wiki we have up. He has a video showing a pretty clear example of how it works.

Unless you guys changed something fundamental about how this setting works, it should behave the same way.

The reason a lot of the community thinks that setting someone to Deny on Off-Ball Pressure will help prevent helping off a person is it is the closest thing to that kind of control we currently have on the defense since it does put him a position that he will be unlikely to help if his man is on the perimeter. It appears to me that right now we have no way of controlling who we help off of, only who we help on.

I look forward to seeing what you can do to help with the defense in 2k18 since you've done a great job with the offenses in the past few years.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Haha. You are to smart for yourself DC. The BALLHANDLER is the guy driving the ball. Whoever is driving the ball you set that person's help rules on that Driver's/BALLHANDLER'S screen. So when Curry drives the rules controlling if you supply help on Curry's drive will be on HIS individual defensive settings screen. So if Curry is NOT the ballhandler the HELP RULES on his screen are irrelevant .

Its under controller settings.

I would like an explanation also, but it isnt hard to figure out. The trick is to just play user v. User to take the CPU variable out of it.

REMEMBER SCOTT SAID TEAMS HAVE DIFFERENT PHILOSOPHIES. So I wouldnt put much value in being able to consistently control where the help will come from the same way with every team. G State will have tottally different help PHILOSOPHIES then the Grizzlies. Scott said the key is figuring out your team's philosophy.

Last edited by clinthc0003; 04-08-2017 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Added clarification
Old 04-08-2017, 01:46 AM   #50
Rookie

asapchurro's Arena

@Czar is there a way to fix the MyLeague glitch to where there is on 12 seconds on the shot clock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2017, 03:50 AM   #51
Pro

JoFri's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinthc0003
If I set Help Rules to No Help on Love, this means that no one will come to help if Kevin Love beats his man off of the dribble. This does not mean that you will not help off of Kevin Love if say Lebron beats his man off the dribble. It's a "help on this guy" setting, not a "help off of this guy" setting.

would like to ask if say Love is the big man screener in a pick & roll situation for Irving, and I set Hedge (Centre) to Stay Attached for Love, and once Irving blow past the defender off the pick & roll, my cpu man defending Love will NOT stop Irving and just stay with Love. Is that correct?

Say if I change to Soft Hedge and set Screen Rules to No Help and Tag On Roll to Yes on Love, in a pick and roll situation Love manage to roll to the paint, assuming Auto is set for the rest of the players, then what happens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2017, 08:45 AM   #52
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Are the New Tendencies you mentioned in 1st post Player or Team tendencies? Also are they hidden, as I am not seeing anything new when I go thru Roster file.

So far liking the new things I am seeing with patch, Player movement seems smoother.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:36 AM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinthc0003
Hey Czar. We appreciate you coming in to explain this stuff, even though it's so late in the year. I do however think in your video, you are mistaken on how the Help Rules work just like we were earlier in the year.

Using your example with Kevin Love:
If I set Help Rules to No Help on Love, this means that no one will come to help if Kevin Love beats his man off of the dribble. This does not mean that you will not help off of Kevin Love if say Lebron beats his man off the dribble.

It's a "help on this guy" setting, not a "help off of this guy" setting.

Here's a post from alabamarob I snatched from the Defensive Settings Wiki we have up. He has a video showing a pretty clear example of how it works.

Unless you guys changed something fundamental about how this setting works, it should behave the same way.

The reason a lot of the community thinks that setting someone to Deny on Off-Ball Pressure will help prevent helping off a person is it is the closest thing to that kind of control we currently have on the defense since it does put him a position that he will be unlikely to help if his man is on the perimeter. It appears to me that right now we have no way of controlling who we help off of, only who we help on.

I look forward to seeing what you can do to help with the defense in 2k18 since you've done a great job with the offenses in the past few years.

Thanks!
The problem with that video you posted, is the Defensive AI was horrid and wasn't functioning properly, the Da_Czar is basing his info from the time spent with the Defensive team and learning what some things do and after getting rid of bugs and tunning and tendencies he is free to share his findings.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:39 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Are the New Tendencies you mentioned in 1st post Player or Team tendencies? Also are they hidden, as I am not seeing anything new when I go thru Roster file.

So far liking the new things I am seeing with patch, Player movement seems smoother.
Not sure which update you're using VTCRB but in this morning's update the player tendencies are now correct as Czar mentioned the fix to OKC thru WAS would be in today's update possibly and it is in fact there. Major difference in the way players play in my opinion. Maybe check and see if you have the correct roster?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...DLtC7snYo/edit
Old 04-08-2017, 10:42 AM   #55
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

Back towards the basket patch so the 5 seconds calls can be called. Because, is called when that is happening and 3 seconds in the key!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2017, 10:43 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjt8405
Not sure which update you're using VTCRB but in this morning's update the player tendencies are now correct as Czar mentioned the fix to OKC thru WAS would be in today's update possibly and it is in fact there. Major difference in the way players play in my opinion. Maybe check and see if you have the correct roster?
Not at XBOX at the moment, but did they actually add New categories that we as Users can edit Or are they just under the hood stuff?

Edit: OR did they just do a Tendency Roster uodate?

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »