Home

New NBA 2K17 Patch: Expanded Dev Notes

This is a discussion on New NBA 2K17 Patch: Expanded Dev Notes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2017, 10:45 AM   #57
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New NBA 2K17 Patch: Expanded Dev Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjt8405
Not sure which update you're using VTCRB but in this morning's update the player tendencies are now correct as Czar mentioned the fix to OKC thru WAS would be in today's update possibly and it is in fact there. Major difference in the way players play in my opinion. Maybe check and see if you have the correct roster?
Oh, okay so tendencies are tied to the current rosters, makes sense. I play my offline MyLeague...and all I can say right now is THANK GOD for START TODAY. Just in time for the playoffs.
Old 04-08-2017, 11:17 AM   #58
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinthc0003
Hey Czar. We appreciate you coming in to explain this stuff, even though it's so late in the year. I do however think in your video, you are mistaken on how the Help Rules work just like we were earlier in the year.

Using your example with Kevin Love:
If I set Help Rules to No Help on Love, this means that no one will come to help if Kevin Love beats his man off of the dribble. This does not mean that you will not help off of Kevin Love if say Lebron beats his man off the dribble.

It's a "help on this guy" setting, not a "help off of this guy" setting.

Here's a post from alabamarob I snatched from the Defensive Settings Wiki we have up. He has a video showing a pretty clear example of how it works.

Unless you guys changed something fundamental about how this setting works, it should behave the same way.

The reason a lot of the community thinks that setting someone to Deny on Off-Ball Pressure will help prevent helping off a person is it is the closest thing to that kind of control we currently have on the defense since it does put him a position that he will be unlikely to help if his man is on the perimeter. It appears to me that right now we have no way of controlling who we help off of, only who we help on.

I look forward to seeing what you can do to help with the defense in 2k18 since you've done a great job with the offenses in the past few years.

Thanks!
Just went in and tested this a few minutes ago. You and the video you posted are still correct. The "Help rules" function in reaction to what happens when the player drives.

Going forward maybe 2K can implement a:
"On Drive Help rules": these would be the same as we have now. You set what you want the rest of the team to do when a person drives.

"Offball Help Rules": these would be the rules that determine if you ever wanted your team to leave a player to go help in rotation. Im thinking there should be 3 settings
Stay: Do not leave to go help on drive
Help: Fully commit to help on drive
Stunt: Commit to help on drive momentarily but not fully. This should just be 1 or 2 steps in the direction to look like the defender is going to help but ultimately he should not take himself out of position to defend the kickout pass.

Also I think there should "Strong Side/ 1 pass away Help Rules" and "Weak side Help rules"

as well as "In rotation Help Rules": these are the rules that determine what Kind of help for situations such as "do you want who ever is defending Klay Thompson in the corner to go and contest a wide open Steph Curry at the wing?" or "do you want Klays defender to leave and go contest a wide open Draymond or Iggy"

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Baebae32; 04-08-2017 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-08-2017, 11:21 AM   #59
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

What did you do 2k? Now the morning update just screwed everything the players are moving extremely slow and very sluggish!!!! Fix it!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-08-2017, 12:15 PM   #60
Rookie

33JAF's Arena

Question about the new tendencies...

Are the dribble moves supposed to be nearly all 0's for most players? Obviously the bigs should be this way, but a ton of guards including Kyrie Irving have 0 for everything other than crossover. Is this right or was it an oversight?
Old 04-08-2017, 12:20 PM   #61
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33JAF
Question about the new tendencies...

Are the dribble moves supposed to be nearly all 0's for most players? Obviously the bigs should be this way, but a ton of guards including Kyrie Irving have 0 for everything other than crossover. Is this right or was it an oversight?
Czar said another big tendency overhaul was coming Monday. So i say lets wait until then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2017, 12:38 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

As from answers above it seems that they decided to finally tone down all the and 1 dribbles. Most roster makers I know have been doing this for years. For those who play with 2K Rosters only this will make your gaming experience so much better. I have never understood the lack of updates done to tendencies in Roster updates.

I got all excited and thought they had added some new tendencies. Lol

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 04-08-2017, 12:39 PM   #63
Pro

JJJones135's Arena

OVR: 3

This is so cool! I can't wait to play it after sitting at the loading screen for 30 minutes which has been a problem for months.....
Old 04-08-2017, 12:40 PM   #64
Rookie

mkvulper's Arena

This is too funny. I don't play online so i'm never going to experiment all these fixes, from patch 1 to 12. I'll be playing the broken product you guys sell to us all on Sept. 20. Shoes will still be messed up, offensive strategies not running properly, Al will still be double teaming A LOT and, of course, no new tendencies. NONE of that for me.

But I really, really hope you guys learn from all the mistakes. I hope you guys care more about your product and your consumers too, people who truly love basketball.

(Sorry for my bad english y'all but i I had to get this out of my stomach.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »