Home

Anybody feel like the energy bar is completely messed up after the patch?

This is a discussion on Anybody feel like the energy bar is completely messed up after the patch? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2017, 05:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anybody feel like the energy bar is completely messed up after the patch?

I'm feeling like the energy bar runs out if you just use a high screen and roll with Lebron and you drive into the paint.

If you get bumped by the defender, you get stopped and essentially reset the play.

However, the energy bar is so low so quick, 2K needs to either fix the recovery time on the bar or make it so we can use it longer.

I'm actually preferring that 2K makes the recovery time lower.

This is because I don't need to spam dribble moves, but I hate that a single bump will essentially ruin your play without having an opportunity to adapt.

In 2K17, CPU defenders love cutting you off and basically performing a blocking foul.

But I don't exactly mind that they do this. My issue is that as a human player, I should be able to counter/adapt to this cutting off by moving freely instead of being caught in a bump animation.

I'm feeling that a tweak/patch for the energy bar in this case would be helpful. Perhaps to make recovery on it quicker.

Real NBA players don't really ever get exhausted to the point that they can't sprint after a single play. It's the accumulation of minutes in a game, and even then, they still sprint like mad (some would say even harder at the end of games in clutch situations) in the last 5 minutes.

Anybody got any other ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2017, 07:43 AM   #2
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Anybody feel like the energy bar is completely messed up after the patch?

Stamina is the toughest thing. I've seen long debates about this rating. And I think it comes back to the same place. I think the current way works. Too enough it was the other at around. Users never taking their starting line up out of the game. And using timeouts to recover players. This year you can call all the timeouts you want. That player is still going to be tired (or at least a slow recovery)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2017, 09:32 AM   #3
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Stamina is the toughest thing. I've seen long debates about this rating. And I think it comes back to the same place. I think the current way works. Too enough it was the other at around. Users never taking their starting line up out of the game. And using timeouts to recover players. This year you can call all the timeouts you want. That player is still going to be tired (or at least a slow recovery)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I would have to disagree with that because after the patch my recent game a user called 3-4 time outs before the 3rd quarter finished to refresh his players when I saw the Gatorade sign underneath them. All players were back to normal and full bar of health.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-11-2017, 09:46 AM   #4
Rookie

Seems like there's a bit of a misunderstanding.

For the energy bar, I meant the "turbo bar" that decreases when you move.

It doesn't seem to reset quick enough for you to recover during a failed play against the CPU.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:16 PM   #5
Pro

I have a high strength rating, and a high stamina rating, and I have bruiser, but I bumped into a smaller defender after I caught the ball and my bar started flashing red.

This has been happening way before the patch for me though, with numerous different players, against numerous different players.

Sometimes I bump into someone while I'm setting a screen and my stamina bar flashes.

It's like every CPU player has HOF Bruiser.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »