Home

YouTube 2k Community.

This is a discussion on YouTube 2k Community. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2017, 07:48 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: YouTube 2k Community.

To me the biggest thing seems to be that most 2K Youtubers, outside of PlayNow Online players, aren't actually that good at the game to begin with. They rely on good cards, stats, and cheese to win games. They put more money into the game than others can and use the fact that game modes like MyTeam are increasingly pay to win to build superteams in order to get wins.

At the beginning of the year many MyTeam Youtubers just ripped pack and played games against each other until 2K dropped better cards in packs that they could buy in order to separate themselves from the competition by having much better teams instead of separating themselves with skill.

Last year how many top 2K Youtubers directly credited Sam Pham for showing them how to play and getting them good at 2K?..A LOT

That's why they complain when things they rely on get patched out for the sake or realism or an MT glitch happens and the balance is shifted back towards skill over money.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:41 PM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65

If you're an offline gamer and you're upset about how the shooting is, why don't you just adjust the sliders? Offline gamers have the luxury of creating their own sliders so why not utilize it?
I don't feel comfortable adjusting sliders. I hate HOF CPU but I usually beat them by like 10-20 points, it's just all along the way I'm fighting unrealistic shooting and fouls etc. I purchased a game that is supposed to be a basketball simulation. One of their tasks is to make the game as close to real life as possible, to simulate basketball. This includes the shooting. If I touch the sliders I want $15-$20 dollars back because now I'm working on the game myself. I Don't have game making knowledge so am I giving myself an unfair advantage upping my 3 point success? Now I'm blowing them out by 30- no I can't touch sliders.
That's like Buying a Burger then you find out you have to toast the buns and cook the burger by yourself.

If someone can shoot in real life, they should be able to shoot in the game. The shooting tweaks are universal, One season my drafted rookie can shoot every game I play, the next season after an 'Update' they patched his jumper or something so now his jumpers 'broken'? What is that? Real life professional basketball player's jumpshot's don't just 'break' and then they have to change it.

Everytime something gets nerfed it's because the Youtube 2k Community can't do something. "My playmaker can't guard other playmakers" *Nerfs Dribbling* "My sharpshooter can't hit shots" *Green Boost* "Sharpshooters are hitting everything" *Green Decrease*

That's like Buying a Burger that changes into a taco, then into a pizza, then back into a burger, then into a book etc.

2k It's enough it really is. You see youtubers pulling from half court with 1 handed very quick jumpers and you're tweaking the entire game offline and online to suit these guys complaints? Stop.

Next year if I get this I'm disconnecting from the wifi once it's finished downloading to avoid these annoying tweaks and patches that are all focused on the online play.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:53 PM   #11
Pro

I don't think the issue is online versus off-line rather VC. if grinding for badges and vc was not part of the equation then the issues you're complaining about would not exist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2017, 03:05 PM   #12
Rookie

noot's Arena

2K is a business, first and foremost. They adjusted the shooting because they believed that's what their customers wanted. Once there was a huge outcry from the majority of their customers, they changed it back to satisfy them. The sad truth is people will always get more upset if they make the shooting harder (rather than easier) because people percieve loss more strongly than gains. They probably won't be able to make the shooting too much harder until they drop 2K18 unfortunately.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:26 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by noot
2K is a business, first and foremost. They adjusted the shooting because they believed that's what their customers wanted. Once there was a huge outcry from the majority of their customers, they changed it back to satisfy them. The sad truth is people will always get more upset if they make the shooting harder (rather than easier) because people percieve loss more strongly than gains. They probably won't be able to make the shooting too much harder until they drop 2K18 unfortunately.
I really don't think 2K should have changed it as quickly as they did;it sets a bad precedent of basically immediately knuckling under every time a segment of people on twitter who like to complain loudly can't have their way.

IMO the sad truth, both in 2K and in life, is that every time people are faced with a change, the majority will complain because it's different, not what they are used to, and not something they can immediately be good at.

Most will not welcome the challenge of learning something new (and probably becoming better as a result), instead they want to stay in their comfortable little bubble where they can convince themselves they are "good", even when in reality they really aren't.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:23 PM   #14
Rookie

noot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
I really don't think 2K should have changed it as quickly as they did;it sets a bad precedent of basically immediately knuckling under every time a segment of people on twitter who like to complain loudly can't have their way.

IMO the sad truth, both in 2K and in life, is that every time people are faced with a change, the majority will complain because it's different, not what they are used to, and not something they can immediately be good at.

Most will not welcome the challenge of learning something new (and probably becoming better as a result), instead they want to stay in their comfortable little bubble where they can convince themselves they are "good", even when in reality they really aren't.
It sets a bad precedent for them to respond to customer feedback quickly? I'm sure they have an analytics guy who determined that enough (probably a large majority) people were unhappy quickly enough to change it. It seems like they mainly use twitter for their feedback though so that definitely skews their sample... and yeah, people typically prefer consistency over change, but bad change is percieved as horrible more than good change is percieved as beneficial (if that makes sense).
Old 04-16-2017, 04:35 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by noot
It sets a bad precedent for them to respond to customer feedback quickly? I'm sure they have an analytics guy who determined that enough (probably a large majority) people were unhappy quickly enough to change it. It seems like they mainly use twitter for their feedback though so that definitely skews their sample... and yeah, people typically prefer consistency over change, but bad change is percieved as horrible more than good change is percieved as beneficial (if that makes sense).
More or less; I just think it's probably not a good idea to go off of only about 24 hours worth of feedback...of course people are going to complain (esp. on the internet where complaining is a way of life for some), they're not used to it yet. You gotta give it at least a few days for people to figure it out a little bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2017, 08:42 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
Yup. It was pretty telling to see Mike Wang poll Twitter to decide whether to tweak steals or not. It shows that 2K doesn't actually have a vision for the game, they just put out a beta every year and tweak it towards whoever complains the most, which usually leads to the easiest quick fix being tacked on to an already broken system that isn't thought through, tested, or implemented well in the first place.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »