Home

New tendencies?

This is a discussion on New tendencies? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2017, 02:55 PM   #1
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0
New tendencies?

Am i the only one confused by them? Guys like DeMarcus Cousins having a 100 driving layup tendency? Has anyone done any tests to see how much the new tendencies affect gameplay?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2017, 08:04 PM   #2
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

Re: New tendencies?

I'm biased on this one because before this patch/roster update I was tweaking my MyLeague players tendencies all year long trying to get the style of play I like, which is mainly attacking the rim, shooting open threes and some mid-range play.

I always dropped transition pull up and upped attacking [driving layup, finish strong]. It's a lot of work but the quick edit feature helps a ton. I like the gameplay it's given me guys are more decisive off of plays and I don't get my biggest pet peeve which is the pull up from 2 feet from the basket, atrocious.

So I can see why maybe they chose to max out a lot of star's to 100 driving layup or other attacking tendencies to get better animations. I've maxed out some tendencies for players and it doesn't always result in them only going for layups or whatever you maxed out but it does help them be more aggressive and decisive.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:15 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10
New tendencies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
Am i the only one confused by them? Guys like DeMarcus Cousins having a 100 driving layup tendency? Has anyone done any tests to see how much the new tendencies affect gameplay?

Cousins looks like to be an isolated case as everyone else seems normal. My guess would be it was supposed to be more like 95 instead of 100. As weird as it sounds he attempted more driving layups than dunk attempts per synergy on average.

Overall, how are the tendencies playing for you? I am having great games with them so far

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...DLtC7snYo/edit

Last edited by pjt8405; 04-13-2017 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:10 AM   #4
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

I'm using the new roster [mainly for new players] and tweaking some tendencies again, I found that shooting bigs have their roll vs pop messed up. I'm guessing it was a mistake because I had Tristan Thompson at 95 and Channing Frye at 0, shouldn't it be flipped?

If you play offline and are using the 2K rosters, I strongly suggest you take a look at tendencies.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:20 AM   #5
MVP

New tendencies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFnotWhyNoT
I'm using the new roster [mainly for new players] and tweaking some tendencies again, I found that shooting bigs have their roll vs pop messed up. I'm guessing it was a mistake because I had Tristan Thompson at 95 and Channing Frye at 0, shouldn't it be flipped?

If you play offline and are using the 2K rosters, I strongly suggest you take a look at tendencies.

No, actually that's correct. 0 = Pop (Spot up) and 100 = Roll (goes to rim)

Also, there is a new tendency and ACE update in this mornings Roster Update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2017, 11:25 AM   #6
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFnotWhyNoT

Yea 2k made it confusing with the way they worded it but that's right
Old 04-14-2017, 11:34 AM   #7
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjt8405
Cousins looks like to be an isolated case as everyone else seems normal. My guess would be it was supposed to be more like 95 instead of 100. As weird as it sounds he attempted more driving layups than dunk attempts per synergy on average.

Overall, how are the tendencies playing for you? I am having great games with them so far
I just wasn't sure if i would have to change the tendencies in my draft classes for MyLeague to make them compatible with the new roster
Old 04-14-2017, 11:51 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
I just wasn't sure if i would have to change the tendencies in my draft classes for MyLeague to make them compatible with the new roster

Not when it comes to that particular tendency. You want to keep in line with the dribble tendencies so there isn't constant stick dribbling until the clock runs down.

Also, note your shot tendency (Shot/Close/Mid/3/Under Basket) & Touches as those effect the gameplay the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »