Home

Hook shots from the post?

This is a discussion on Hook shots from the post? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2017, 10:37 AM   #1
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Hook shots from the post?

Anyone actual successful with this? I can make fades. But hook shots with players with high hook shot and high post control rating seem to have trouble scoring down low even if you've faked out the defender. Anyone see this? Or am I not getting open enough?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2017, 10:52 AM   #2
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Hook shots from the post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Anyone actual successful with this? I can make fades. But hook shots with players with high hook shot and high post control rating seem to have trouble scoring down low even if you've faked out the defender. Anyone see this? Or am I not getting open enough?
I have to be at like point blank layup range to hit them...Plus the only one that seems to work for me is hook 4 and sometimes 2...I know that's my career specific but if the other hooks don't work maybe they're actually broken..

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

-Allen Iverson
Old 04-14-2017, 12:57 PM   #3
Banned

Housh123's Arena

It was OP last years 2k so of course the fix 2k gives is making it totally useless in this game lol

In this game I only ever do th when I'm wide open or have my grand badge.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:19 PM   #4
Rookie

Sitew33's Arena

I've even found that the computer rarely if ever even takes hook shots.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:12 PM   #5
Pro

yes they know if the hook shot this year. The entire point of the hook shot is that you can shoot them contested because your body is protecting youre shot from the defender so he has to foul you if he wants to stop you

but into 2K this year the defense seems to matter a lot even on hook shots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2017, 02:39 PM   #6
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
I have to be at like point blank layup range to hit them...Plus the only one that seems to work for me is hook 4 and sometimes 2...I know that's my career specific but if the other hooks don't work maybe they're actually broken..

Yeah, this. I would take hook shots from places you traditionally take them, but they never go in. You have to be literally right next to/under the basket for them to go in and it's always a funny looking animation that starts out like it has no chance and then it goes in.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:19 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
It depends. I have Shaq hook equipped and sometimes my dude does a kind of bump hook where he knocks them back, turns, and does the hook. That seems to go in pretty decently, but I only do it by accident.

Just a hook is probably gonna be an F shot on HoF, if it's over a standing defender. Which is pretty lame. I guess it works best when you don't have a post defender engaged on you, or you can bump them back. Maybe that kind of fake drop step where you dribble into them would work for setting up a hook. Hook is money wide open, though, you just have to make the game realize you have space. I'm not sure exactly how to make that happen. I do like the baby hooks now though, because before they would be maul lay ups.

I might try to figure it out later.

-Smak
Old 04-14-2017, 05:36 PM   #8
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
It depends. I have Shaq hook equipped and sometimes my dude does a kind of bump hook where he knocks them back, turns, and does the hook. That seems to go in pretty decently, but I only do it by accident.

Just a hook is probably gonna be an F shot on HoF, if it's over a standing defender. Which is pretty lame. I guess it works best when you don't have a post defender engaged on you, or you can bump them back. Maybe that kind of fake drop step where you dribble into them would work for setting up a hook. Hook is money wide open, though, you just have to make the game realize you have space. I'm not sure exactly how to make that happen. I do like the baby hooks now though, because before they would be maul lay ups.

I might try to figure it out later.

-Smak
Totally agree.... Because they are time where I've lost my defender with fakes and chooses the wrong side. And I go up on the open side and miss. There are also times when I give a shoulder fake and then go the other way And if the defender makes contact on my lower body I'll miss wide open shoots. And I'm talking about Shaq, Blake Griffin, and others. It's weird thing because like someone said you work for them to be open and all the defender has to do is make contact with your body that aint right. The one I really really hate is when my defend jumps toooooo early and then I go up for the wide open shot as he goes down....and then I miss. That don't make no sense in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »