Home

Things to make my league interesting and fun

This is a discussion on Things to make my league interesting and fun within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Things to make my league interesting and fun

Hello everyone, if you have any ideas that spice up a my league after you've been playing for a little bit? Like any weird things you do mentally or physically? I'd love to hear it and maybe incorporate into my own!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2017, 10:35 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Things to make my league interesting and fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierramist23
Hello everyone, if you have any ideas that spice up a my league after you've been playing for a little bit? Like any weird things you do mentally or physically? I'd love to hear it and maybe incorporate into my own!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Operation Sports mobile app

go to my league automation and make the game plan for every team your about to go against so they play defense against what your team does good

play with celtics, 76ers , timberwolves , suns or nuggets
take advantage of all the picks and young players and make some good trades for more young pieces and then start your games

check these forums and play with more realistic sliders , defensive settings , coach settings , and run free lance offense that match the players on your team

ANOTHER THING IS GO TO YOUTUBE , type in
" Ismaila Traore " and do his signature edits for every team(i usually only do starting 5 and two of there best bench players )

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-17-2017, 10:42 AM   #3
Rookie

wojo30's Arena

OVR: 1

A lot of things I do involve rosters.

I have done legend team tournaments, fantasy drafts with legends, used the rosters "if the nba started over" where all players are like 60 rated and development becomes important.

I did a league where I played 2 minute quarters to make most of the games come down to the last few possessions to make things a little more exciting

Proud Member of the Golf Club XB1 Tour
Old 04-17-2017, 10:52 AM   #4
MVP

Draft class full of youtube myplayers

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2017, 05:19 PM   #5
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

add expansion teams?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2017, 09:10 PM   #6
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Start a ML with all the classic teams. I did it on a whim a few days ago and I have been having a blast. I dropped it down to 58 games and just let loose. What makes it great is that the league is filled with good to great teams. There's a lot of parity and it's just fun playing with the old timers. I'm playing with LeBrons 06 squad. Not world beaters in the least, but I have had a classic game against Shaq and Kobe's Lakers. What made it great was that Shaq was deboing Big Z down low. Kobe was being Kobe. I'm now playing against Tmacs Rockets with Yao and its just fun. I look forward to every game because I'm encountering something new. Give it a shot. It has reinvigorated my enjoyment as running a current ML started to get boring with the Warriors and Cavs running things and there not being much in the way of immersion outside of your game this year.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:18 AM   #7
Pro

JoFri's Arena

I like editing the rotation timeline to make it as sim as possible. Downside is that the player in foul trouble will not be subbed out, so looks like 2k miss the coding there. It's a bit tough at first setting the rotations but I got used to it eventually. Now I'm in the playoffs, I try different rotations so the cpu can match up against my rotation eg Pop usually play Kawhii at end of 1 quarter irl. So I will set D. Carroll or PJ Tucker in the line-up throughout the first quarter to take turns guarding Kawhii. When Kawhii rest at start of 2nd quarter, i'll put Powell so they can have more options on the offense. In this context, I'm running the Spurs and cpu the Raptors. If this rotation doesnt work (as in I keep winning the games), I'll try playing more Tucker or Carroll and see which combo is more impactful.

I will sometimes scout for plays irl and try to find them in 2k. If available i'll assign to the teams. For instance, I notice the Grizzlies ran a lot of double drag actions with Conley but that play was missing in the Grizzlies playbook. So I added FIST 81 CNR and assigned to Conley. I also make sure Conley's play type is set to PNR Point to run lesser PNR plays (u will notice they got many PnR plays in their playbook). I'm proud to say I scouted irl and ran 90% of Spurs playbook in 2K! Just a bit disappointed that the plays were from previous 2K series and the offball actions were slow to trigger (especially those ZIPPER plays).

I also edit their free throw signature. From 2K16 till now, a lot of the bigs are still defaulted to that one and only ugly free throw shooting form. I'll recommend nino escobar for shooting forms as the videos include shooting forms irl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2017, 04:22 PM   #8
Pro

Put 2 85ish overall players in the draft class, with different playstyles and max potential. Young Prodigies, HOF potential, new rivalry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »