Home

Lebron James Over Inflated Defensive Ratings

This is a discussion on Lebron James Over Inflated Defensive Ratings within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2017, 06:10 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Lebron James Over Inflated Defensive Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
but but but, why should I have to edit rosters when they should be perfect already??? Don't make me do stuff!

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...3&postcount=28
No one is saying perfect. Go look at LeBrons defensive stats and see if his in game ratings, which are based off of regular season play, reflect his real life regular season play.

I'm not talking about the playoffs where He is Averaging 44 minutes per game.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:37 PM   #50
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixEverything2k
Being an elite defender when you want doesn't count in this game. I'm sure someone like Kawhi could block 3 shots a game, he doesn't, his attributes and simulated stats represent that.

LeBron is playing 43 minutes per game in the playoffs against a 7th seeded team his stats will be a bit inflated. These attributes are based off of his regular season stats regardless, and they don't match.
Haters gonna hate, I guess.

Is Lebron the best defender in the NBA? No. Is he on par with guys like Kawhi and Draymond? Yes he is. Was he the best defender in the Finals last year? Sure was.

2k pretends to base things on the real NBA season, but really it's still just a fantasy game. Some of the best defenders in the game get no love. Average defenders who are great on the other side of the ball are going to get inflated defensive atts unless their defense is so bad that it's a meme (like Harden).
Old 04-23-2017, 06:40 PM   #51
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
I am not talking about a patch. Balance patches and manually editing damage yourself are 2 different things. I have no problem with customization, I use custom rosters for some of my myleagues, I fix heights my self etc.

My Problem is When the Default settings are broken.

If I play MyCareer and it's game one of the regular season should LeBron be playing Kawhi Defense on me in the first quarter? I thought he only turns up for the playoffs?

I can not edit his ratings in My Career, I can not Edit his ratings Online,
These are the two places where this is a Major Problem.

If Rosters are based off of regular season play, which they are. then they should reflect regular season play. The badges Clutch Performer and Championship DNA will handle the "Turning Up" he does in the post season. I am not Hating on LeBron go sit down somewhere else with that nonsense.

Rondo plays way better in the postseason so his post season ratings should make his OVR about an 82, he's in the 70s right now Because rosters are based off of Regular Season Play so why doesn't Rondo have the attributes that allow him to do what he does in the Post Season in the Regular Season, But LeBron has ratings that allow him to do what he does in the Post Season in the Regular Season

I don't know what LeBron did to everybody to get all this disrespect but let me shut this trash down once and for all. Lebron earned his ratings and if he wanted he could take over any game at any time.

This year his PPG was its best it has been since he returned to Cleveland, he posted CAREER HIGHS in RPG, and APG. His team won 50 games while rarely having a healthy roster. And he got his 3pt% back up to where it was in Miami. And oh wait hes 32 years old. Nobody has EVER posted a career high in rebounds in year 13 of their nba career.

Im sorry but I watch every Cavs game....if someone is gonna sit here and tell me he doesn't deserve whatever rating 2k gives im gonna call BS on you.

When LeBron sits the Cavs turn into at best an 8th seed.

Im actually surprised im having this conversation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2017, 06:44 PM   #52
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimaceZ7
Haters gonna hate, I guess.

Is Lebron the best defender in the NBA? No. Is he on par with guys like Kawhi and Draymond? Yes he is. Was he the best defender in the Finals last year? Sure was.

2k pretends to base things on the real NBA season, but really it's still just a fantasy game. Some of the best defenders in the game get no love. Average defenders who are great on the other side of the ball are going to get inflated defensive atts unless their defense is so bad that it's a meme (like Harden).
Okay so If 2k is based on playoffs then Rondo should be like an 82-84 overall and LeBron can keep his ratings.. If it's based on regular season rondo can be a 74 and LeBron needs to reflect his regular season play.

It's not an attack on LeBron, all of everyones examples is playoff basketball, I'm speaking under the assumption that the games roster, since they are updated through the regular season, reflects regular season basketball.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:45 PM   #53
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
I don't know what LeBron did to everybody to get all this disrespect but let me shut this trash down once and for all. Lebron earned his ratings and if he wanted he could take over any game at any time.

This year his PPG was its best it has been since he returned to Cleveland, he posted CAREER HIGHS in RPG, and APG. His team won 50 games while rarely having a healthy roster. And he got his 3pt% back up to where it was in Miami. And oh wait hes 32 years old. Nobody has EVER posted a career high in rebounds in year 13 of their nba career.
What does this have to do with defensive ratings?
Old 04-23-2017, 06:46 PM   #54
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
What does this have to do with defensive ratings?

Ask Paul George

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-23-2017, 06:51 PM   #55
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
Ask Paul George

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Did a "Playoffs Roster" roster update go out a few months ago that updated his attributes in prep for playoffs? If not then

Understand I Know LeBron does this in the PLAYOFFS, the games rosters are a reflection of regular season play unless they update it during the playoffs

This is why Players like Yogi Ferrel get their overall bumped based off of their regular season play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2017, 07:02 PM   #56
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Did a "Playoffs Roster" roster update go out a few months ago that updated his attributes in prep for playoffs? If not then

Understand I Know LeBron does this in the PLAYOFFS, the games rosters are a reflection of regular season play unless they update it during the playoffs

This is why Players like Yogi Ferrel get their overall bumped based off of their regular season play.
I just gotta ask......Why does it even matter?

Have you been getting destroyed in ranked matches by LeBron or something? Hes earned his ratings. Even in the regular season when games got tough Lebron brought it.

if you notice teams don't even run pick and roll on LeBron that much when the games get tough because they know he'll disrupt it. Whens the last time hes been posted up consistently by another SF even in the regular season?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »