Home

Lets take a board vote shall we? Best archetype in NBA 2k17 regardless of position

This is a discussion on Lets take a board vote shall we? Best archetype in NBA 2k17 regardless of position within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Best arcehtype in 2k17 regardless of position or hieght/wieght
Sharpshooter 10 11.90%
Shot Creator 5 5.95%
Stretch Big 3 3.57%
Lockdown Defender 2 2.38%
Glass Cleaner 5 5.95%
Post scorer 3 3.57%
Point Forward 30 35.71%
Rim Protector 0 0%
Playmaker 20 23.81%
Slasher 3 3.57%
Athletic Finisher 3 3.57%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2017, 06:58 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Lets take a board vote shall we? Best archetype in NBA 2k17 regardless of positio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
The real question is what is the best combination of archetypes for a TEAM?

This a team game, so while a Point Forward/Playmaker is nice (and probably the best 1 on 1 player), you won't always benefit the team with one.

If you're not the primary ball handler of the team, your major abilities can sometimes get wasted.

I used a Point Forward for the entire game until about a month or two ago when I switched to LDD. I'm having way more fun with an LDD because I am constantly involved/active on defense. Nobody has to give an LDD the ball for him to be constantly involved... and I end up with the ball a lot due to steals/rebounds/blocks/loose-balls etc. And a team can always use a good defender.
I have both a point forward and a LDD and honestly the point forward is a much better archetype to me.

On the offensive end the comparison doesn't even start (LDD can be better only in the post, but they are not good enough to be a reliable weapon), and you can play good defense also with a point forward, provided that you build him properly (clearly you'll get less steals or blocks).
Old 05-03-2017, 07:05 PM   #50
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Lets take a board vote shall we? Best archetype in NBA 2k17 regardless of positio

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
I have both a point forward and a LDD and honestly the point forward is a much better archetype to me.

On the offensive end the comparison doesn't even start (LDD can be better only in the post, but they are not good enough to be a reliable weapon), and you can play good defense also with a point forward, provided that you build him properly (clearly you'll get less steals or blocks).
They recently nerfed LDDs, but my LDD was deadly on offense.

I maxed out his Moving Shot and 3pt shot and he could hit em pretty well. He'd still miss wide open shots (felt like a realistic NBA player), but not too many.

Now I am having a much harder time scoring with that LDD build, so you may have a point.

I could always just stand in the corner with my LDD and run into the paint and either dunk it or use my Post Scoring (high 70s, i think?) to finish at the rim, or even take a mid-range shot.... but Point Forward is looking way better lately.

The Point Forward needs to be able to call plays like someone else mentioned. They get screwed out of ball handling a lot due to being an SF, having to be the inbounder, and having no playcalling abilities.

Last edited by SirGaryColeman; 05-03-2017 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:54 PM   #51
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Lets take a board vote shall we? Best archetype in NBA 2k17 regardless of position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
It's the Point Forward simply because they can do everything well.

They are rated higher than Playmakers because they are usually taller and that's what put them over PMs. So they can rebound, poster people, block well which most PMs can't do. They are the best on the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Point forwards can do a lot but so can any archetype in the hands of the right guy.

I think people overrate versatility in 2k.

Who cares if you can do everything at an average level in 2k?

The real question is what are you DOMINATE at?

I can DOMINATE with my passing and post scoring with my pos scorer in park AND pro am.

Does being able to do everything at an average level really matter?

Imo point forward is highly overrated

As a post scorer when I'm on a pint forward they can't defend me, they can't shoot 3s on me and they can't outbound me.

That's why I say post scorer is best type. Nothing realistically trumps it unless your dumb and you consistently check guard all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Housh123; 08-04-2017 at 12:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2017, 11:27 AM   #52
Rookie

Schiltzenberger's Arena

Most OP would be point forward, can do everything.

My favourite archetype is athletic finisher though.... My undersized, under weight athletic finisher is a beast. He doesn't hit fadeaways, but can do all other post moves no worries. Can hit mid range, but I rarely ever shoot jump shots with him.
6'10" centre and he has like 73 speed with ball..... grab that board and take off with the coast to coast contact dunk
When playing with a decent PG you can just kill teams with cuts and a nicely timed pass.... or pick n rolls.... ally oops.

The speed and vertical makes him great on D, can guard guards out on the 3pt line.... to an acceptable level.

The only con I see is against glass cleaners, he can get bullied at times by a good player using a glass cleaner..... if it's an average player using a glass cleaner though, I can handle them no problem. Good glass cleaners are hard to keep off the boards though..... but they can't keep up with me on transition.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:42 AM   #53
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schiltzenberger
Most OP would be point forward, can do everything.

My favourite archetype is athletic finisher though.... My undersized, under weight athletic finisher is a beast. He doesn't hit fadeaways, but can do all other post moves no worries. Can hit mid range, but I rarely ever shoot jump shots with him.
6'10" centre and he has like 73 speed with ball..... grab that board and take off with the coast to coast contact dunk
When playing with a decent PG you can just kill teams with cuts and a nicely timed pass.... or pick n rolls.... ally oops.

The speed and vertical makes him great on D, can guard guards out on the 3pt line.... to an acceptable level.

The only con I see is against glass cleaners, he can get bullied at times by a good player using a glass cleaner..... if it's an average player using a glass cleaner though, I can handle them no problem. Good glass cleaners are hard to keep off the boards though..... but they can't keep up with me on transition.

My athletic finisher is very fun to use. I have basically the same athletic finisher build as you and he feels like he's all over the court on offense and defense

Basically depending on who you play with ANY archetype can be the best or worst. Post scorer is super amazing but if dudes ain't posting you up then it could come off as worthless. Iv had games where I may have gotten 1 or 2 post ups total from my teammates and I thought to myself I made a mistake making my guy. But then I play with guys I regularly run with and I average close to a triple double every game because they already know I pass and score efficiently from the post.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-04-2017, 12:01 PM   #54
Pro

I gotta go with Point Forward. My 6'6 was next to unstoppable in both PRO-AM and Park. I shot 80% from the field in PRO-AM and a little above 77% from 3. Park numbers were similar if not better. You can take people off the dribble and finish at the rim pretty easily even in traffic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »