Home

NBA 2K18 "All Star Team-Up" ideas

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 "All Star Team-Up" ideas within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2017, 06:48 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
NBA 2K18 "All Star Team-Up" ideas

My friend and I just got into ASTU last year with 2K16, and we play this a lot. This mode is kind of like our COD when you play Search & Destroy or whatever, instead of shooting people we shoot baskets!

We need more game modes for this particular mode, because this mode is FUN!

All Star Team-Up
Traditional
You have the 5 set positions: Point Guard, Shooting Guard, Small Forward, Power Forward, and Center.

Standard
This is the actual All Star game format, you have the Front Court and Back Court, so you don't actually need a traditional Center as your Center, you can have a Forward at the 5 spot, just like the real NBA.

Free-For-All
You can be any position, you can have an entire line-up of Point Guards if you wish. This would create mismatches and strategies and obviously be harder. Can you imagine the street atmosphere of 5-on-5 all guards?

----------

Jersey and Arena Creation

We should be able to create our own uniforms and arena for our squads instead of playing with whomever the Point Guard on the home team's court. A lot of us do not like playing The Park or Pro Am, and this would be great for the ASTU players.

Anyone else have ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2017, 07:01 AM   #2
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

Re: NBA 2K18 "All Star Team-Up" ideas

This is a terrible idea, sorry dude. That's what makes this game mode great...It's NOT Pro-AM.

What needs to happen is they need to bring back all the current teams and some Euro League teams. Make stamina mean more so you have to sub.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:50 PM   #3
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah, I am not feeling it either. If anything something just needs to be done w/ quitting in random teamups. Happens far too often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 05-02-2017, 12:50 AM   #4
Rookie

End of the day this is one of their most casual modes and probably the #'s on it aren't good. It's been a copy and paste mode for three years now, not even a slight improvement in any form.

If you're hoping for some customization, and still want a player lock mode, start leveling up a character in MyCareer and create a Pro-Am team with your friend. You can easily find a third player in the Free Agent Pool.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:21 AM   #5
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

Yeah and that's the problem. Not enough people voice their opinion about this mode so 2k leaves it the same.

Anyway to add to the topic. Firstly the mode needs more stars that are already in the game on classic teams.

Muggsy Bogues
Joe Dumars
Rip Hamilton
Nick Van Exel
Dennis Rodman (80s Pistons)
Ray Allen (2008 Celtics)

to name a few

These players are in 2k17 yet you can't use them in All star team up despite some of their teammates being available which makes no sense.

I want to see unlockables. It could only get people to play both My Team and All Star team up more if you connect the two by making the players you earn in My Team become available in All Star team up.

Chris Webber
Grant Hill
Jason Kidd
Ray Allen (Bucks and Sonics)
Jamal Mashburn
Prime Kobe
Gilbert Arenas

to name a few

Retro versions of current players who were bigger stars not that long ago. I'm talking:

2011 MVP Derrick Rose with the Bulls
2009 Superman Dwight Howard with the Magic
2004 Ron Artest with the Pacers
2008 Metta World Peace with the Rockets and Kings (able to select the jersey)
2009 Metta World Peace with Lakers
2009 Deron Williams with the Utah Jazz
2008 Joe Johnson and Josh Smith with the Atlanta Hawks

to name a few

2k's VC point sales would only go up if the game had a menu that people could go to to purchase these players with their points. Unlocking them in All star team up and to make them available in the Free Agent pool so we can add them to Myleague rosters and exhibition games. 2k shouldn't have to need the full classic teams for these guys to be added in the game.

Limit Time Outs:
The team should not be able to call time outs for the rest of a quarter it's called by them 3 times in under a minute during that quarter.

If someone is being a ball hog they should be punished for ignoring a clear wide open teammate the same as when they force terrible shots which leads to them being eligible to receive a kick vote when their grade reaches D+. Then the player receives notice when all the users on their team have voted for them to be kicked out resulting in 1 full vote. This bringing that players grade back to a C+ for the time being to give them a chance to get their act together but if they keep it up they'll go right back to a D+ giving the team another chance to vote kick once again. That player being kicked from the game once they receive this 3 times in a row because at that point it's pretty obvious that they have no interest in wanting to win anyway.

Once a player is kicked or quits the game that position should be open for the other users to be able to control when they pass the ball to that cpu player. This keeping ball movement that much better for the rest of the team in the absence of their former teammate.

I'm sure people are thinking there's no way we could possibly scroll through a player selection of so many in the amount of time that All star team up gives us and I disagree. All they'd have to do is put all the players in a pool that represents each team For example go to the Bulls and you'd see all the Jordans, Pippens and Rodman's as well as current Bulls players, the My team unlocked players and retro players bought with your VC points like MVP Derrick Rose.

Once you selected your player you should have enough time to also choose from one of 3 to four home and away jerseys that you want to use. This mostly because it annoys me that the game just throws the white alternate home jersey on Magic Johnson and Kareem when the West is at home and I can't be alone on that. Anyway once the timer runs out the players on each team should have the option to either be patient with them or at least 3 players on each side can vote to kick the person out if they decide to just sit there or clearly take their time with it on purpose.

Last edited by PippenFan; 07-05-2017 at 11:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »