Home

Petition to bring Back Shooting for all archetypes Pre-Patch 12

This is a discussion on Petition to bring Back Shooting for all archetypes Pre-Patch 12 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 08:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Petition to bring Back Shooting for all archetypes Pre-Patch 12

Pretty cut and simple...The community as a whole is asking for this. The guys on OS won't like this, but thankfully OS isn't the majority. Please undo the nerf that has every GC, LDD AF PS bricking shots or shooting whites. Mike Wang, i know you meant well, but No one wants this. You just have to bite the bullet and patch it back the way it was. This is a video game company first. Playing online in Pro AM is not fun at this moment.
You said you fixed the green situation...we don't you to fix the green situation, we want you to make it how it was before. Every archetype should be able to hit consistent greens especially if the user knows his jumpshot. I dont wanna hear about archetypes not supposed to hit shots....that some bull. The game was fine before patch 12 and the tuner. Why does having 55 or 60 3pt rating hurt the online infrastructure? If they are wide open, hotspots and badged up, thats 3 points...lets go back...plain and simple..

If you won't listen to me, at least take advice from the "Best Point Guard" in the community DIMEZ. A personal Friend of mine, and i feel his sentiments.

">
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2017, 09:05 PM   #2
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Petition to bring Back Shooting for all archetypes Pre-Patch 12

Oh hey, another thread where we want 55 rated 3 point shooters to shoot 25% better than the best shooter of all time. Stop it man. You're trying way too hard. Honestly every thread just seems like you're a cheeser who lost his cheddar. Wanting shooting at unrealistic numbers, wanting 2K16 overpowered break starter back.. Not to mention that Lockdown Defenders, Post Scorers, Glass Cleaners, Athletic Finishers can still shoot JUST FINE. They can green light from the corners and easily shoot 50%. Playmakers and Shot Creators can still green light from the corners and wings.. You're making issues out of things that aren't an issue. It's only an issue to people wanting to shoot 75% with their 55 rated shooter.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:10 PM   #3
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

I hated shooting how it was over the weekend, but I like where it's at right now.

Can we just leave it here and worry about it again next year?
Old 05-01-2017, 09:25 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
Oh hey, another thread where we want 55 rated 3 point shooters to shoot 25% better than the best shooter of all time. Stop it man. You're trying way too hard. Honestly every thread just seems like you're a cheeser who lost his cheddar. Wanting shooting at unrealistic numbers, wanting 2K16 overpowered break starter back.. Not to mention that Lockdown Defenders, Post Scorers, Glass Cleaners, Athletic Finishers can still shoot JUST FINE. They can green light from the corners and easily shoot 50%. Playmakers and Shot Creators can still green light from the corners and wings.. You're making issues out of things that aren't an issue. It's only an issue to people wanting to shoot 75% with their 55 rated shooter.
Why are you so negative? The game was fine for 11 patches and 6 months....they release a patch which alters how the entire community is playing. Now you have the nerve to come on this thread with your negativity and start calling me a cheese? Listen Lil fella, go and have a seat. This is the grown up table. Only a select few of you will understand, the majority of OS users tend to lean towards the casual side.
I understand what some of you guys want, but the people outside of OS don't want this. I'm just being honest. This is a petition...i would prefer supporters to respond, if you disagree state your peace, but dont come on here trying to attack folks just because they don't have the same thought process as you.

Last edited by Breakstarter; 05-01-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:35 PM   #5
Rookie

Being honest, greens shouldn't be in the game in the first place and it seems even the developers regret putting them in. There is never such a thing as a sure shot in the NBA and I don't really like the culture that green releases breed. When you watch an NBA game, you watch in amazement at a shot going up in the crunch time and wondering if it'll hit. When I play online, it's kind of a buzzkill when you see green release at the end of a game and hit a buzzer beater because you know it's going in. A lot of the fun comes from a non green when you're watching the ball along with everyone else in wonder, that's the emotion of basketball that's gone when you have a green or teammates in parties saying "Green!" This is like if you were to play Madden and when you throw a pass, you automatically know the pass is going to connect no matter the defense and no matter the situation, it honestly takes away some of the fun of the game.

I more than thought the update a few days ago was really limiting, I can admit that but the best shooting IMO for online and offline gamers was the tuning update before these recent ones, just after the patch. So people didn't get a ton of green releases or make every shot, I played with a Point Forward not long after that patch and he hit 4 straight open threes and his three is a low 70's rating. It wasn't impossible to shoot but you also weren't going to make every single open shot which is realistic. What fun is a game where you know when shots go in right when the ball goes up? Not at all singling anyone out but a lot of the community because of green releases and some of the cheese in the game over the years have this entitlement that they should be able to do that every game or it's boring when people fail to realize that just because Park is a well played game mode, doesn't mean that the offline gamers should suffer or those who prefer to play sim. Hopefully next year 2K just separate sliders and updates to each game mode and you can have Park and Walk On be what the majority wants and let regular Pro-Am and offline/other game modes be what the sim gamers want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2017, 09:48 PM   #6
Rookie

Want your 55 rated 3point Post Scorer to shoot like Reggie Miller.

Want your 72 rated Playmaker to shoot like Stephen Curry.

Want your 58 rated Glass Cleaner to shoot like Klay Thompson.

Want every player archetype to be guarded at the 3point line.

NBA2K has probably the worst video game P2P community. I probably won't get 2k18 unless I get it at a discount again. These developers cater to lowest common denominator that knows absolutely nothing about basketball. And the sad thing is NBA2k has no competition, got people paying to upgrade their player, hasn't upgraded their servers or anything and people still buy the game and they still cater the gameplay every year to a bunch of whiny, no basketball IQ kids and teenagers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
Why are you so negative? The game was fine for 11 patches and 6 months.
The game was trash for 6 months. Matter of fact, you still have to guard 34 rated three point shooters.

I shouldn't be able to hit three pointers with my 3PT 34 rated Post Scorer.

Matter of fact I remember kicking this dude's behind with my all CPU teammates coming down the court and launching threes with a 34 rated 3 pointer.

You know ridiculous that is?

Last edited by cablexdeadpool; 05-01-2017 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:55 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablexdeadpool
Want your 55 rated 3point Post Scorer to shoot like Reggie Miller.

Want your 72 rated Playmaker to shoot like Stephen Curry.

Want your 58 rated Glass Cleaner to shoot like Klay Thompson.

Want every player archetype to be guarded at the 3point line.

NBA2K has probably the worst video game P2P community. I probably won't get 2k18 unless I get it at a discount again. These developers cater to lowest common denominator that knows absolutely nothing about basketball. And the sad thing is NBA2k has no competition, got people paying to upgrade their player, hasn't upgraded their servers or anything and people still buy the game and they still cater the gameplay every year to a bunch of whiny, no basketball IQ kids and teenagers.
So you mean to tell me only Sharpshooters shoot a coinsistent rate in the nba?

Old 05-01-2017, 10:01 PM   #8

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
Listen Lil fella, go and have a seat. This is the grown up table.
This has never been, nor will it ever be an acceptable post on OS.

OP is banned temporarily and since there are multiple threads on the same subject, thread is closed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »