Home

rotation timeline

This is a discussion on rotation timeline within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2017, 12:42 AM   #9
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: rotation timeline

In my experience it works, but the lack of dead balls causes players to play more or less minutes than I've assigned. To counter act this I call timeouts more frequently. I would like to see a TV timeout feature added to help with this maybe.

As far as foul trouble, if your advanced rotation is set, then it completely disregards foul trouble. I ususally manual sub in this situation, but I haven't really noticed how that really affects my rotation for the rest of the game. Anyone have a clue how manual subbing with advanced rotations effects the rotation?
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 05-06-2017, 10:57 AM   #10
Rookie

TheDominator273's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerstake
A good thought, not the best idea since speeding up time will mess with the shot clock, which is absent in football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You could keep the shot clock moving at normal speed but the game clock moving faster. Similar to how it works in the NHL games with shorter period lengths and how penalty times are scaled. In the NHL game there is a slider to adjust the penalty clock from running real time to matching the speed of the game clock. Obviously we wouldn't need this slider in 2k but it's something that can be done
Old 05-07-2017, 04:57 AM   #11
Pro

JoFri's Arena

I like this feature alot bcos it allows me to set the irl substitution pattern for all teams in myleague. When I play the game, i'll have the cpu to handle the time-outs and substitution. Sometimes, I'll need to call a time-out or intentionally foul so as to let the substitution happen.

2k applies the same substitution patterns for all teams and it's frustrating.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2017, 01:21 AM   #12
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

[quote=JoFri;2048824415]I like this feature alot bcos it allows me to set the irl substitution pattern for all teams in myleague. When I play the game, i'll have the cpu to handle the time-outs and substitution. Sometimes, I'll need to call a time-out or intentionally foul so as to let the substitution happen.

2k applies the same substitution patterns for all teams and it's frustrating.

Can u take a screen shot of just one of your rotations, tryin to figure out what im doin wrong....keeps saying rotation invalid...
Old 05-08-2017, 01:47 AM   #13
Pro

JoFri's Arena

[quote=timmg;2048825662]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
ICan u take a screen shot of just one of your rotations, tryin to figure out what im doin wrong....keeps saying rotation invalid...

Basically, u just need to make sure at any minute mark u must have exactly 5 players/positions assigned. Else, u will see (-1) or (1) in red at the bottom of the screen. The former says u need to assign 1 more and the latter means un-assign 1. If it shows 2, u need to un-assign 2.

For instance, Clippers rotation - If u have CP3, A. Rivers, R. Felton, P. Pierce, B. Griffin and D. Jordan assigned at the 10th min mark, u will see (1) below. Remove any of the above will do. You will also notice Pierce position changes from SF to PF too.

Sorry, i know how to paste youtube video here but not sure how images can be inserted here. Can someone point me to the step by step guide? :/

Old 05-08-2017, 06:39 AM   #14
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
Sorry, i know how to paste youtube video here but not sure how images can be inserted here. Can someone point me to the step by step guide? :/

Type in
HTML Code:
[img]*link to your image*[/img]

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »