Home

Should you be allowed to grind for HOF badges/Hotspots on rookie difficulty?...

This is a discussion on Should you be allowed to grind for HOF badges/Hotspots on rookie difficulty?... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should you get a badge requirement boost for playing on Superstar/HOF?
Yes 25 52.08%
No 23 47.92%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2017, 07:11 AM   #9
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Should you be allowed to grind for HOF badges/Hotspots on rookie difficulty?...

The answer is NO. You shouldn't have to grind for badges in MyCareer at all. You should gain your badges in ProAm or the Park where they are actually used and should be dependent on teammate grade.

They should also scrap MyCareer since it's a terrible movie without an ending. Waste of time.

If they keep it, than YES, you should be able to grind for a badge on any level as a reward for sitting through that mindless drivel.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:46 AM   #10
Rookie

Re: Should you be allowed to grind for HOF badges/Hotspots on rookie difficulty?...

For me as an 99% online player, the answer is NO NO NO!

Mycareer grind is very very exhausting, and the point of setting the requirements on superstar/hof would expand the grind to about 30 more games I'd say.

For me superstar or hof is not a real challenge, especially if playing playmaker or a center. It's just boring and very repetitive!

To me, the complete badge grind should be replaced with a system, that let's you get your badges via practice or something like that.

Can't understand the point, that people want a longer grind. Do you really think the people online would care? They would still crush the grind in 2-3 days and have all the badges. And what exactly does the rest of the community earn by making grinding harder.
Grinding shouldn't be a point in this game. It should all be done via practices like drills for badge X and Y. More drills for upgrading the badge.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:48 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
The answer is NO. You shouldn't have to grind for badges in MyCareer at all. You should gain your badges in ProAm or the Park where they are actually used and should be dependent on teammate grade.

They should also scrap MyCareer since it's a terrible movie without an ending. Waste of time.

If they keep it, than YES, you should be able to grind for a badge on any level as a reward for sitting through that mindless drivel.
I would not support getting badges via online modes. If you want something like this of an online mode, I'd suggest something like an experience bar similar to rep bar, where you can freely upgrade things with the badges.
If you implement something like you said, Park and Pro am will be a total mess with people trying to match the requirements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2017, 09:09 AM   #12
MVP

So how long does it take to badge up like a sharpshooter this year?
Old 05-05-2017, 09:44 AM   #13
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi45
Can't understand the point, that people want a longer grind. Do you really think the people online would care? They would still crush the grind in 2-3 days and have all the badges.
Actually, the point is to make the grind shorter for people who play legit on higher difficulties.

And I seriously doubt anyone could get HOF limitless range and deep range deadeye in 2-3 days on the high difficulties. But I would have MUCH more respect for them if they did than the people who abuse rookie difficulty.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:18 PM   #14
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

You say in your original post that you're trying to do it the legit way... if it's allowed on rookie isn't that still legit? I mean they aren't circumventing the system, just playing devil's advocate. I get your point of them easily getting badges while you enjoy it for more the challenge and a realistic way of earning them. I would say there are 2 ways to fix this.

1. The best way to fix this, is seperate mycareer from proam/mypark. There is no reason to have these modes linked besides being lazy and not wanting to flush out a proper leveling system for mypark/proam modes.

2. The easier way to fix this, what ever difficulty proam/mypark is played on (All-Star I think), is the lowest level you can get badges on. Then everyone is at least grinding on AS and it's tougher to get them than some people playing on rook and some playing on HOF.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:37 PM   #15
Rookie

HOF badges and Grand badges were one of the worst things introduced in 2k17. They should be completely removed from the game in 2k18 if they care at all about SIM.

The badge system and the huge boosts its giving to mainly the offensive end needs to be greatly reduced. Attributes are mattering less and less every year with the addition of these crazy new and more powerful badges. It's becoming more about what badges your player has, then what your attributes actually are.

As for hot zones it shouldn't matter what difficulty your playing on to get them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2017, 02:26 PM   #16
Rookie

Maxflier's Arena

OVR: 6

Nice trick having the actual poll be a completely different question than the thread title. I'm sure there will be plenty of others like myself who voted wrong because they didn't read the poll title.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »