Home

I have asked this many times but nobody helps...

This is a discussion on I have asked this many times but nobody helps... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2017, 02:01 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
I have asked this many times but nobody helps...

For the nonstop changing updates on shooting, I have always been just somebody that plays the exhibition mode and the myleague, I neve touched on those other modes ppl love like mypark, myplayer, etc, so my question is I keep seeing people complain shooting especially the three ball so mike wang has been changing and tweeking and I just want to know if these changes on the roster will update someone like me, I want to start a myleague but I keep seeing these shooting chanes but dont't know and get how it will affect someone like me?? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2017, 04:21 PM   #2
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I have asked this many times but nobody helps...

I don't touch any of the online stuff and my shooting has been fine. I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever, granted I play with real player shooting and not user timing.
Old 05-06-2017, 07:56 PM   #3
Pro

I play offline MyLeague and I've noticed drastic changes.

LeBron is shooting 57% from three (Simulating)
Wall was shooting 48% from three (Simulating)
Wade was shooting 50% from three, I played a match against him and he shot 4 for 5 on contested shots from downtown. I do not know what this is about,
The recent changes say they only gave a buff to actual shooters so idk.

I Have also noticed that sometimes a jumper a player is using will "break". So good shooters will begin bricking everything forever simulating or not until the next update. I had started numerous MyLeagues and Kyle Korver shot below 35% for numerous seasons, then the next update He shot around 50%, these were with the same rosters and ratings.

I have also noticed a change in the green frequency, when they made it almost impossible to get greens that affected my MyLeague, I player lock and have used the same few releases since 2k14 and all of a sudden I wasn't getting any greens, then they buffed it and I had too much greens.

I think the changes are for every mode regardless if its meant to be or not.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:12 PM   #4
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

Yea I don't know of any "offfline" gamer complaining about shooting. I think it's mostly online guys using specific characters that feel cheated or feel a specific character or archetype, as they say, is too powerful or not enough based on attributes they earned or bought.

There are far more variables at play when playing offline using many different players and wide range of shooting abilities. Except for maybe players offline who use user shot timing, perhaps green releases has been touched up? I don't know I don't pay much attention and it hasn't affected me offline in my MyLeague, especially if your like Moe and play using real fg percentage, as I do too.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:58 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFnotWhyNoT
Yea I don't know of any "offfline" gamer complaining about shooting. I think it's mostly online guys using specific characters that feel cheated or feel a specific character or archetype, as they say, is too powerful or not enough based on attributes they earned or bought.

There are far more variables at play when playing offline using many different players and wide range of shooting abilities. Except for maybe players offline who use user shot timing, perhaps green releases has been touched up? I don't know I don't pay much attention and it hasn't affected me offline in my MyLeague, especially if your like Moe and play using real fg percentage, as I do too.
Us offliners would just like the tuning for online to not change our offline game. It's frustrating to have to retune sliders every update they out out intended for the pro am/park crowd
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2017, 03:00 AM   #6
MVP

I mean if 2k keeps changing the shooting ratings on roster updates, then let's just say someone that started myleague last month vs. someone does it today, then there will have to be differences when it comes to shooting between the two people right??? because maybe one roster has the shooting ratings for all players to be much higher? i just want to know when 2k will stop changing shooting ratings, so that people can really just focus on tuning the game and enjoy offline experiences...

on a side note, why do you bros like use real fq percentage?? just wanna know becuz i have been playing user timing all year...
Old 05-08-2017, 12:05 PM   #7
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

it doesn't affect offline players, we can change the sliders to our liking. The changes are for online players only.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:46 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
it doesn't affect offline players, we can change the sliders to our liking. The changes are for online players only.
but it does in a way like i said, when they keep adjusting shooting ratings, we have to keep adjusting sliders, so...when can 2K just stop, and let us play the game, go do your 2k18, don't give us another game full of errors and need almost 9 months o fix, i feel like every year the game is playable only until like this time of the year, whichs completely wrong

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »