Home

Newbie Help/Questions

This is a discussion on Newbie Help/Questions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2017, 07:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Newbie Help/Questions

Havent played much NBA2k before and am currently playing the MyCareer mode. Just a basic player as I cannot get a handle of the numerous move sets.
I am experiencing a few issues that are making the game more frustrating than fun.
1. There is always a defender in my face, essentially glued to me which means I get absolutely zero open shots.

2. AI always seems to play man to man and I'm always blocked trying to get by anybody. Conversely I keep calling for zone defense for me yet my team keeps reverting to Man to Man.

3. I'm playing as a point guard and find my teammates are not moving. Its like they are always playing isolation and because of the first 2 points, there never seems to be anybody getting open for a catch and shoot.

4. I made myself a small point guard and am suppose to be very fast yet my opponent (even a lumber PG) always get in front of me.

Sorry if this has come up before.
Just trying to enjoy the game but this glue defense is annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2017, 07:12 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Newbie Help/Questions

Do I have to master all the moves/controls to get away from this?
Old 05-08-2017, 10:21 AM   #3
Rookie

ammar_munes's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayb
Havent played much NBA2k before and am currently playing the MyCareer mode. Just a basic player as I cannot get a handle of the numerous move sets.
I am experiencing a few issues that are making the game more frustrating than fun.
1. There is always a defender in my face, essentially glued to me which means I get absolutely zero open shots.

2. AI always seems to play man to man and I'm always blocked trying to get by anybody. Conversely I keep calling for zone defense for me yet my team keeps reverting to Man to Man.

3. I'm playing as a point guard and find my teammates are not moving. Its like they are always playing isolation and because of the first 2 points, there never seems to be anybody getting open for a catch and shoot.

4. I made myself a small point guard and am suppose to be very fast yet my opponent (even a lumber PG) always get in front of me.

Sorry if this has come up before.
Just trying to enjoy the game but this glue defense is annoying.

I agree with you Glue defense is annoying as hell
fast breaks don't real work good unless your a playmaker due to speed with the ball , shooting is not the best because its hard to shake off defenders even when you do pic n roll it does not work on every team lol

honestly I think because my career is connected to park and pro am so any tuning regarding shooting and defense effects my career the most
Old 05-08-2017, 11:21 AM   #4
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

run the pick and roll
learn some of the dribble moves and practice them.
run plays.

As for calling for zone, you aren't a leader of the team, so your team will do what the coach says. And playing zone in mycareer will hurt you more than help. Just learn how to play defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »