Home

NBA 2K18 Features Shaquille O'Neal on the Cover of Legend Edition, Ships September 15

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Features Shaquille O'Neal on the Cover of Legend Edition, Ships September 15 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2017, 09:13 PM   #161
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Features Shaquille O'Neal on the Cover of Legend Edition, Ships Septembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I don't. I'm fine with that, too. Unless its a Barkley or Miller team it doesn't move me much. Neither of those seem likely. I just hope more is done with the looks and play styles of the ones we have. Touch them up first and maybe add in those 80s and 90s filter (WWE2K17 has them) for us to use to top it off.
Man I would love for them to bring back the pre modern filters for the classics. I would gladly come out of hiatus if they do. If wwe 2k17 can have filters then I don't see why NBA 2k18 can't.

Sent from my Z981 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2017, 10:59 PM   #162
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K18 Features Shaquille O'Neal on the Cover of Legend Edition, Ships Septembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
People positive about the game do point out the modes they play. Most people who dislike the game simply point out they don't like it; and it's the same posters saying the same non-specific things since release.

The things you mentioned do happen; but many of us see the many excellent things the game does. So perhaps you stop speaking on behalf of the community that the shortcomings you've identified contribute to it being a bad game.

But the thread is about the price of the collector's edition, and you're well within your rights to not buy it. But the standard game is still regular price and most customers will be picking it up at this price.
I'll be getting the standard edition. Not with a pre-order because 2K has lost my trust.
You're 100% missing the point. When someone says they're disappointed with the game, and feel disrespected by 2K because the price of the collectors edition, which many people who did not enjoy the game will probably still want to purchase because they like pre-order bonuses. Just because Dirk thinks everything is fine and dandy in his small little world doesn't mean it's the same for everyone else. If you comb these forums the feedback is precise, that's the point of these forums. People give exact reasons why the game was so bad this year. Most of them are something an offline player who tweaks their own sliders won't see. Respect what others have to say whether you agree with it or not. Stop white-knighting around these forums saying everyone that thinks this game is bad is wrong.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2017, 11:19 PM   #163
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTheBanHammer
I'll be getting the standard edition. Not with a pre-order because 2K has lost my trust.
You're 100% missing the point. When someone says they're disappointed with the game, and feel disrespected by 2K because the price of the collectors edition, which many people who did not enjoy the game will probably still want to purchase because they like pre-order bonuses. Just because Dirk thinks everything is fine and dandy in his small little world doesn't mean it's the same for everyone else. If you comb these forums the feedback is precise, that's the point of these forums. People give exact reasons why the game was so bad this year. Most of them are something an offline player who tweaks their own sliders won't see. Respect what others have to say whether you agree with it or not. Stop white-knighting around these forums saying everyone that thinks this game is bad is wrong.

I've made my criticisms of the game very clear. You must not read closely enough because I am in every feedback thread providing advice on the shortcomings of the game and how it can be improved.

There is plenty of excellent feedback and criticism, but plenty that is simply anger that should be ignored and will be ignored. Remember the loudest voices are always those who aren't fans of the game.

Im still not sure why anyone who is not a fan of the game would want to pre-order. If you feel disrespected by a game that you don't like but want to spend a large sum of money on a pre-order for, then you are a very confused consumer.
Old 05-14-2017, 11:33 PM   #164
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
I've made my criticisms of the game very clear. You must not read closely enough because I am in every feedback thread providing advice on the shortcomings of the game and how it can be improved.

There is plenty of excellent feedback and criticism, but plenty that is simply anger that should be ignored and will be ignored. Remember the loudest voices are always those who aren't fans of the game.

Im still not sure why anyone who is not a fan of the game would want to pre-order. If you feel disrespected by a game that you don't like but want to spend a large sum of money on a pre-order for, then you are a very confused consumer.
I just explained that people enjoy getting the collectors edition of games regardless of how hardcore they are.

Once again, all I'm saying is to respect what everyone has to say. You can't say something isn't wrong because you haven't experienced it. Don't live in your own little world, keep an open mind because the people on these forums no matter which side have good things to say.

Old 05-15-2017, 01:03 AM   #165
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTheBanHammer
I just explained that people enjoy getting the collectors edition of games regardless of how hardcore they are.

Once again, all I'm saying is to respect what everyone has to say. You can't say something isn't wrong because you haven't experienced it. Don't live in your own little world, keep an open mind because the people on these forums no matter which side have good things to say.
I speak only for offline modes, and have made that clear over and over again. I don't speak about online issues. People who criticise the game are not asked which modes they play; only those positive about the game are asked what modes they play. If you're accusing me of not respecting legitimate criticism of the game, you either haven't properly read what Ive posted or you are completely disrespectful to positive impressions of the game. Which many people have.

If people are so 'hardcore' that they spend $150 on a collectors edition of a game they didn't really like, then that is sending consumer feedback to the company to keep doing whatever it is they don't like. Im not sure exactly what you're point is. It is a very confused consumer message you are explaining.

I play every 2K for hundreds and consider myself a hardcore customer. But Ill be ordering the standard edition because their is nothing in the collector's edition I like. And Im not averse to ordering gimmicky trinkets; Ive still got some AC statues and Fallout rubbish around the house.

Last edited by Smirkin Dirk; 05-15-2017 at 01:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »