Home

NBA 2k18 - Another VC grind fest?

This is a discussion on NBA 2k18 - Another VC grind fest? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2017, 01:47 PM   #73
Rookie

MoodMuzik's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k18 - Another VC grind fest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
At this point I'm convinced that some of these guys just want to complain. All this crying and moaning but still buying the product knowing full well what it entails like they have no self control. Many are the same people who complained about 2K17 ad nauseum. Yet, here they are again. VC ain't going anywhere. Not this year or next, or the year after. Let's be generous and say 1000 people on OS, twitter and Facebook mad vs hundreds of millions in additional revenue. It's clear as day.
I just don't get why the ones saying "you aren't competitive at a 55ovr, you can't play with others, you can't even shoot" when that's years past complaints (and completely valid) are acting like THAT'S not changing.

When, if you play the Prelude, your new character is as responsive as ever. My base SG was moving as fast as Dion Waiters and out-rebounding James Johnson.

It's not a CURRENT valid complaint anymore, as it looks like that has been addressed. But "they force you to buy VC to be competitive it's pay-to-play"... looks more and more like that's simply not the case. Now it comes off as complaining just to complain.
Old 09-09-2017, 02:08 PM   #74
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodMuzik
I just don't get why the ones saying "you aren't competitive at a 55ovr, you can't play with others, you can't even shoot" when that's years past complaints (and completely valid) are acting like THAT'S not changing.

When, if you play the Prelude, your new character is as responsive as ever. My base SG was moving as fast as Dion Waiters and out-rebounding James Johnson.

It's not a CURRENT valid complaint anymore, as it looks like that has been addressed. But "they force you to buy VC to be competitive it's pay-to-play"... looks more and more like that's simply not the case. Now it comes off as complaining just to complain.
Like I said, they just want to complain. It was never a valid complaint. Opinion; yeah. They may or may not be charging too much VC for stuff. IDK. They may be nickle and diming people to death. IDK. That's not for me to say. If the cost stays what it is then it clearly isn't too much because people are buying it. If 2K slashes the price, then it probably was. Either way, the market will dictate that. Not "fussing" on OS or spamming the devs on twitter. Regardless, it's not gonna change.
Old 09-09-2017, 02:49 PM   #75
MVP

ph33's Arena

You guys deserve to have a player cost 500k to get to 80.

Also, the irony is amazing. "People want to complain just to complain"

That's exactly all you guys do, especially in a thread you know doesn't apply to you ������

Last edited by ph33; 09-09-2017 at 03:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2017, 03:09 PM   #76
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
You guys deserve to have a player cost 500k to get to 80.
Thats fine with me. I'm a MyLeague guy. They could charge 1000 VC for a single attribute for all I care. IF I did care and I found that too much I have enough self control to not buy it and do something else. Or stop playing completely. If being an 80 was that important to me then I'd simply pay to get there. Like I do all the other leisure activities I enjoy. Let me guess, you'd have a conniption in that scenario though, right? 2K charging me for something I enjoy! No fair!!!!!
Old 09-09-2017, 03:24 PM   #77
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Thats fine with me. I'm a MyLeague guy.
Oh ok so you really don't know what you're talking about, and you're pretty much just a troll.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:29 PM   #78
Rookie

The thing that bums me out is how low rated the player you start with is. They could have been nicer and make your guy start as 65 rather than a 55 but shrug.

I don't mind the VC thing as much even though I am a Park/Pro-Am player. It's a good option for people with limited time to still catch up with people with a lot of free time. I usually take the path of grinding+small purchases of VC because I can't spend 5 hours everyday to get good. (Note grinding for badges was way worse than grinding for overall boost but that is for another day)

Plus it's only like 20 dollars which in the grand scheme of things isn't too bad for a game that could provide you hundreds of hours of entertainment.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:31 PM   #79
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernte
again, the point is, that 2k becomes more and more outrageous with every year. they now charge you, if you want to sport a bloody beard for your player in mycareer. that should be a no go in a full priced game. that's something so basic (a beard? a haircut? come on!), that i don't see any reason to defend it whatsoever.
Surprising number of people don't see why this is an issue.

"Just play the game!"

Nobody has a problem with playing the game to rank up and get better. The problem starts where devoting X hours into the game previously allowed people to simply improve their player turns into people having to cut into their hours used to progress their player just to give him different hair and beards amongst other things that used to be openly available right from the start.

I guess it's only a non-issue for people with an abundance of time on their hands to play the game. For others, it's a major annoyance and a sign of a very sour trend by 2K.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:41 PM   #80
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Oh ok so you really don't know what you're talking about, and you're pretty much just a troll.
Nope. I played the first season of MC last year. I played for the story. I won the title with Justice and everything. I got my guy up to an 85 or 87. All without purchasing a dime of VC. I did spend 15 bucks on the college teams. Why? It was content I wanted. Imagine that! Oh, and I simmed a lot of those MC games. So I know a little something even if MC isn't my thing. I guess I just look at these things like an adult with self control instead an entitled kid who wants everything his way. I deal with the world as it is, not as I wish it to be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »