Home

My Idea for Myplayer Online Modes Going Forward:

This is a discussion on My Idea for Myplayer Online Modes Going Forward: within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2017, 07:19 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
My Idea for Myplayer Online Modes Going Forward:

First off, on a not entirely unrelated note, I have to say I am disappointed at 2k deciding once again to only offer 5000 vc for its 'standard edition.' More disappointed than I can express or want to express in this post.

This brings me to my next point and a (refined) suggestion. Assuming we don't buy VC, we are stuck making a dude who is probably 59 overall if we pour our 5000 VC into him, assuming we don't want a pair of shoes. This is not good, because we have this mode that we can't play upon buying a full price game.

I have played without buying VC and I can tell you, it's a struggle. I think the cut off for a competent myplayer is about 75. That is, someone who can contribute in some way.

My suggestion is kind of a merging of modes (or as I understand them, cuz I never played myteam.) I had said before that we should have choices of pre-generated archetypes, but what about just NBA players? What about classic guys, too? Do it like myteam, kind of, except your starting pool would be some 75ish guys who can at least contribute and play against other people's bought myplayers. Then you can buy packs, you can buy players, you can get a reward of packs/players for ranking up in pro am or park.

So, you know, say you have Jose Calderon. He's not really a good player, but he's good enough to play in pro am or park. He's not some 55 rated guy who can't do anything. Then you can get like... 96 Jordan or whatever, too. They could go pretty far with this because it would make the mode more interesting, I think. Good players could play w/ scrubs just to clown people, you wouldn't be as role locked and you could still have your myplayers if you wanted 'your guy.'

Then there could be a stage thing where you bet the card you used, etc.

I dunno, honestly, I can't justify buying 2k anymore to grind VC if they don't do something like this. So, I have taken the time to suggest something interesting that might get people buying more VC and get people, more importantly, playing online and not grinding offline.

Have fun.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2017, 07:40 PM   #2
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: My Idea for Myplayer Online Modes Going Forward:

I think it's a great idea.

Didn't they do something like this in 2k11? I think 2k11 had great ideas, but the game took a turn in the wrong direction when they got obsessed with Motion Capture and Motion Capture Cutscenes.

Two things I'd add to your idea:

- Let us create our player's appearance and use it on top of an NBA Player. So you pick 96 Jordan and move just like him, but you can look however you want like MyCareer.

- In addition to buying the players, let us earn them by beating them in a game mode... For example, if you beat the 96 Bulls on Superstar you get the whole roster, their jerseys, their court, etc.

Either way... they have to do something about the Grind. The grind is not fun, it's hurting the game.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:35 AM   #3
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Pro am has been kind of lack luster .

Park is Lame as hell to me now but I loved it in 2k15. Its too gimmicky and arcadey. Seems like some of that stuff is overlapping into pro am.

I think it's time to introduce something new
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 05-09-2017 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:40 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

@ Gary:

Yeah, I mean, it's whatever. I just want a pick up and play mode. I personally wouldn't mind if someone was their player's 'skin' over an NBA or classic player, or, yknow being able to be Larry Bird and give him gold chains and stuff, haha.

I really think it's doing the mode a disservice to have these situations where 1. you have to grind or pay to play and 2. you can't just switch up roles, which would add to more diversity. Everyone is maturing into the same few types of players which you almost have to play a certain way, optimally.

@ Rockie yeah, they both are kind of boring. Every time I've been in park lately, there have been open courts, too. It's weird. It doesn't seem like people are playing it.

Pro am is not much different than park, just more players.

That's why I feel like something of this nature or something where you could queue up a 5 on 5 or x on x street mode with players you don't have to grind would inject a new feel. I know some days I wanna shoot, but I got a Post Scorer and a LDD, and neither of them are wet. I made a sharp shooter, but I've put about 25k vc into him and he's still not good enough to use online, he's like a 66. I'd love to pick up Avery Bradley or whoever and just ball.

-Smak
Old 05-09-2017, 10:08 PM   #5
Rookie

Icon9 Re: My Idea for Myplayer Online Modes Going Forward:

Remove them park cards. Pleaseeeeeewe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2017, 10:12 PM   #6
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
@ Gary:

Yeah, I mean, it's whatever. I just want a pick up and play mode. I personally wouldn't mind if someone was their player's 'skin' over an NBA or classic player, or, yknow being able to be Larry Bird and give him gold chains and stuff, haha.

I really think it's doing the mode a disservice to have these situations where 1. you have to grind or pay to play and 2. you can't just switch up roles, which would add to more diversity. Everyone is maturing into the same few types of players which you almost have to play a certain way, optimally.

@ Rockie yeah, they both are kind of boring. Every time I've been in park lately, there have been open courts, too. It's weird. It doesn't seem like people are playing it.

Pro am is not much different than park, just more players.

That's why I feel like something of this nature or something where you could queue up a 5 on 5 or x on x street mode with players you don't have to grind would inject a new feel. I know some days I wanna shoot, but I got a Post Scorer and a LDD, and neither of them are wet. I made a sharp shooter, but I've put about 25k vc into him and he's still not good enough to use online, he's like a 66. I'd love to pick up Avery Bradley or whoever and just ball.

-Smak
Reminds me of teamup. I want to start back using the real players again but I haven't enjoyed quick match in a while. I like teamup too.

Maybe they could find some way to mix nba players and our players in some kind of online game who knows.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 05-10-2017, 03:02 PM   #7
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
I really think it's doing the mode a disservice to have these situations where 1. you have to grind or pay to play
There's only 2 ways the idea for a terribly boring/tedious grind makes sense:
- They didn't have enough time to come up with a proper system
- They did it on purpose to encourage people to pay for VC

By now, they should have had enough time and feedback to deliver a proper Player Progression System. And if it's all about the VC, then just think of better ways to get us to pay for stuff (they could just flat out let us buy 96 MJ for $10, for example).

Quote:
2. you can't just switch up roles, which would add to more diversity. Everyone is maturing into the same few types of players which you almost have to play a certain way, optimally.
That actually brings up an idea...

If they let us earn a bunch of players, then they could add substitutions to the game.

Being able to sub out your Tim Duncan Post Player for your Porzingis Stretch Player would create the ability to actually play with match-ups.

Match-ups are a huge part of basketball. It almost makes sense why Archetypes don't work well because in real life you aren't restricted to 5 people on a team with no ability to mess with match-ups.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:16 PM   #8
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

The main thing is they need to make levelling up your player actually fun, or at least less terrible than it was this year.

Whichever dev decided to force us to put up with 2 minute loading times to enter a gym and to 3 vertical jumps in a row and then exit out straight away 100 times in a season to level up is either a genius for boring us into buying VC, or a douchebag who just likes to see people suffer.

I wouldn't put it past 2K at this point to have made the upgrading process annoying intentionally to milk VC purchases.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »