Home

Are standing shots really that much more potent than moving shots? (SC related)

This is a discussion on Are standing shots really that much more potent than moving shots? (SC related) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2017, 09:41 AM   #17
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Are standing shots really that much more potent than moving shots? (SC related)

TBH I would like to see shot creators post up more. I don't see why they can't with a post game that maxes at 73.

Also they should use the floaters more.

I read that euro steps , hop steps etc , were dependent on the shot close rating. Which is something else shot creators excel at.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 05-12-2017 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:56 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Are standing shots really that much more potent than moving shots? (SC related)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
TBH I would like to see shot creators post up more. I don't see why they can't with a post game that maxes at 73.

Also they should use the floaters more.

I read that euro steps , hop steps etc , were dependent on the shot close rating. Which is something else shot creators excel at.
Floaters have been real iffy since the last couple shooting updates. At least for me.

As far as the eurostep, it is also dependent on Acrobat, which is why I feel they should've gotten Acrobat HOF instead of Tear Dropper.

Plus, it doesn't help that eurosteps in this game are block magnets, and almost never draw fouls.

Last edited by Caelumfang; 05-12-2017 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:55 PM   #19
Rookie

They really f'd us Shot Creators up in Pro-AM. Park is fine, but Walk-On is ehhhh. I don't even know why they touched it.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:41 PM   #20
Rookie

Bandeazyy's Arena

Theres definitely something off about shot creators. I usually run with 2 shot creators (I run a 6'11 PF athletic finisher) and they cant seem to make either standing or moving shots consistently. I do agree that shot creators should use the floater more often....can't even remember the last time I miss one.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:49 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandeazyy
Theres definitely something off about shot creators. I usually run with 2 shot creators (I run a 6'11 PF athletic finisher) and they cant seem to make either standing or moving shots consistently. I do agree that shot creators should use the floater more often....can't even remember the last time I miss one.
I've been hearing a lot of Shot Creators grumbling lately (including myself). Shot Creators can sometimes be wildly inconsistent. You'll go a game or two and be just fine, then the next 4-5 games, you can't hit water while falling off a boat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2017, 05:37 AM   #22
Rookie

KoolAidNoSugar's Arena

Crazy I thought it was just my SC whose been trash but I guess not. Moving shots have become cancer, and I only green standing which is weird. Getting higher quality grades on contested shots then wide open. This is all PROAM/Walk On experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2017, 05:40 PM   #23
Rookie

What used to be green fast break wide open midrange fades are now replaced with full white bars that clank off the rim while good shot selection lights up every single time.

I'm all for 2k18 not having green releases. But ive been playing THIS game long enough to realize the competitively​ disadvantage to not "greening" your shots. It's frustrating that moving shots have still been broken since patch 1.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:37 PM   #24
MVP

*Sigh* Just had another couple games where I hit all of my standing shots, yet missed almost all of my moving shots. This is getting ridiculous.

Edit: And it continues. This crap is really getting out of hand. Who the **** thought neutering moving shots was a good damn idea in Pro Am? Why the hell am I better off shooting STANDING SHOTS as a SHOT CREATOR! And I'm not even talking green releases! I'm talking WHITE BAR VS WHITE BAR!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »