Home

Are standing shots really that much more potent than moving shots? (SC related)

This is a discussion on Are standing shots really that much more potent than moving shots? (SC related) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2017, 04:01 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Are standing shots really that much more potent than moving shots? (SC related)

Maybe I've been having a bad few days or something, but why the hell does it seem like I'm hitting standing shots at a very consistent rate, but throwing tire-irons at the rim on moving shots (particularly the fades and stepbacks) with my Shot Creator? If there are separate sliders for both, are they really that far off? Or am I just having a messed up slump?

Talking Pro-Am/Walk On, btw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2017, 04:11 PM   #2
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Are standing shots really that much more potent than moving shots? (SC related)

I was going to ask if you've ever played or watched basketball before. But many players aren't that good off the dribble jumper. Your percentage drops badly.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:17 PM   #3
MVP

Re: Are standing shots really that much more potent than moving shots? (SC related)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I was going to ask if you've ever played or watched basketball before. But many players aren't that good off the dribble jumper. Your percentage drops badly.
I can understand that, but if I have an archetype that is literally built to excel at off dribble shooting (90+), shouldn't I be able to hit at relatively the same percentage and shoot at the same consistency as someone who has 90+ as their standing rating? Otherwise, what's the point if I find more success with an 80 standing mid and 70 standing 3?
Old 05-11-2017, 04:25 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
I can understand that, but if I have an archetype that is literally built to excel at off dribble shooting (90+), shouldn't I be able to hit at relatively the same percentage and shoot at the same consistency as someone who has 90+ as their standing rating? Otherwise, what's the point if I find more success with an 80 standing mid and 70 standing 3?
Not likely. Shane Batier talked on ESPN about his dossier on players. Average players drop almost 20% or more off the dribble while Kobe Bryant and good moving scorers still drop 10-15%
Old 05-11-2017, 04:33 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
Not likely. Shane Batier talked on ESPN about his dossier on players. Average players drop almost 20% or more off the dribble while Kobe Bryant and good moving scorers still drop 10-15%
Thing is, we're talking about 2k17, where moving shots are literally the MAIN offense of said Shot Creator archetype. So you're saying my shooting off the dribble should drop off 10%-15% from 80 and 70 respectively? An archetype who is literally made to take shots off the dribble as their specialty?

That would literally mean there is absolutely no use to a Shot Creator if they're simply going to be worse Playmakers.

Last edited by Caelumfang; 05-11-2017 at 04:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2017, 04:41 PM   #6
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

I don't think people get what Shot Creators are and what they're supposed to do in this game.

The closest thing I have to an answer for you is that they keep messing with the sliders. What worked last week doesn't work this week. They said they're trying to get to where they want to be for 2k18. You're playing a beta. I think every archetype has had their day in the sun at some point this season. Sounds like they screwed over SCs this go-around.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:47 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimaceZ7
I don't think people get what Shot Creators are and what they're supposed to do in this game.

The closest thing I have to an answer for you is that they keep messing with the sliders. What worked last week doesn't work this week. They said they're trying to get to where they want to be for 2k18. You're playing a beta. I think every archetype has had their day in the sun at some point this season. Sounds like they screwed over SCs this go-around.
IMO, they were supposed to be the top 'isolation' archetype, when you look at their badges, and the fact that their Shot type was meant to trick and beat single defenders. But they got screwed, IMO, by wierd stat choices and bad stat placement, and a horrible choice in having the Tear Dropper badge instead of Acrobat.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:02 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Some guys live and die by it, which is a double edged sword. Someone like DeRozan can have really good days, and then have some really bad days when he can't create space off the dribble or find his rhythm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »