Home

Same body types in 2k18 confirmed?

This is a discussion on Same body types in 2k18 confirmed? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2017, 11:01 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Same body types in 2k18 confirmed?

I have a bad feeling new body types won't be included for myplayers

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2017, 01:48 AM   #18
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

I've posted this before, but this is from a sports game that has about 1/1,000,000th the budget of 2K. There has to be some technical reason why adjustable body types arent included.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:02 AM   #19
Pro

hesko's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
I've posted this before, but this is from a sports game that has about 1/1,000,000th the budget of 2K. There has to be some technical reason why adjustable body types arent included.
this is what i miss from 2k b4 the new gen era.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:52 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
http://<iframe width="560" height="3...reen></iframe>
New body types have not been included for the purpose of cutscenes in in mycareer. If you watch them no matter how tall your player is, during cutscenes they're always the same size. It's kind of hilarious watching my 6'2 pg towering over Deyonta Davis in college.

Having more than one body type would mean individual coding for every possibility of height, weight and body type. Which I'm guessing they don't want to code. Or maybe they can't.

This is why my hopes aren't up as far as body types go.

Old 05-15-2017, 03:23 PM   #21
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

It would be a shame if 2k continues on with the 2k17 body types for 2k18. I would take 2k16 bodies over the current ones any day of the week. NBA players may be thin but most of them have muscle definition. Greek Freak is an obvious example as his 2k17 body does him no justice at all. I pray that we at least get 2k16 level bodies back if not having them completely redone.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 05-15-2017 at 03:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2017, 05:58 PM   #22
Rookie

captainesteban's Arena

Would be fun to customize each area of the body. similar to MLB17. Make my guy 5'11 or 6'0 with a strong chest and wide body or 6'11" and absolutely ripped. or a big lumbering jared sullinger type who can hit threes.

And ability to change body types throughout career and not get locked to it. For those who play MC for years, making your guy less toned with more fat. Little things like that is dope to me. ionno if y'all would agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2017, 04:31 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTheBanHammer
New body types have not been included for the purpose of cutscenes in in mycareer. If you watch them no matter how tall your player is, during cutscenes they're always the same size. It's kind of hilarious watching my 6'2 pg towering over Deyonta Davis in college.

Having more than one body type would mean individual coding for every possibility of height, weight and body type. Which I'm guessing they don't want to code. Or maybe they can't.

This is why my hopes aren't up as far as body types go.

Don't see how my career cutscenes would limit body types. Like you said in the cutscenes you always have the same body type, so it shouldn't matter at all if there are 3 body types or 30. Your post does't make much sense
Old 05-16-2017, 04:53 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole
Don't see how my career cutscenes would limit body types. Like you said in the cutscenes you always have the same body type, so it shouldn't matter at all if there are 3 body types or 30. Your post does't make much sense
Their code is set to that specific body type, a change would mean a change in code that they can't/won't do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »