Home

What Went Right in NBA 2K17, What Needs Improving in NBA 2K18

This is a discussion on What Went Right in NBA 2K17, What Needs Improving in NBA 2K18 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2017, 12:55 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
What Went Right in NBA 2K17, What Needs Improving in NBA 2K18

At this point, it feels like the NBA 2K series is in a perpetual state of success. I have enough faith in the series that even if no information was publicly available prior to the release date, I would still happily plop down $59.99 on day one to get the game.

But that doesn’t mean NBA 2K17 is perfect. So what did the developers get right with 2K17 and what could they do better in 2K18? Let’s take a look.

Read More - What Went Right in NBA 2K17, What Needs Improving in NBA 2K18
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One / Nintendo Switch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2017, 01:03 PM   #2
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0
Hopefully gameplay getting more tweak in NBA 2k18. My GM need tweak cpu trade logic, new goals task and add few new features in NBA 2k18.. defense need some tweaks too
Old 05-15-2017, 01:15 PM   #3
Rookie

BSchwartz07's Arena

My biggest grip is that MyCareer is WAAAY too involved. The mode itself is great, although I'd like for it to be a little more variable on choices I make, and players that I like or don't like to play with.
However, to play this mode you literally have to play all 82 games, plus practice, plus cutscenes. Every year I play to about the all-star break and then lose interest. If I skip games then I cannot take place in the off day event between that game and the next so I either lose sponsorships, stand-up a teammate or player for an off day event, or skip practice and get yelled at by the coach.

A few years back you could play the "key games" and sim the rest, make it to where I can play 10-15 regular season games without any punishment and get to playoffs, or big games. This way you can play a career, I'd rather hit free agency, or get a max deal than play a back to back in Utah and Milwaukee in a Tues Wed in January.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:16 PM   #4
Rookie

BSchwartz07's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchwartz07
My biggest grip is that MyCareer is WAAAY too involved. The mode itself is great, although I'd like for it to be a little more variable on choices I make, and players that I like or don't like to play with.
However, to play this mode you literally have to play all 82 games, plus practice, plus cutscenes. Every year I play to about the all-star break and then lose interest. If I skip games then I cannot take place in the off day event between that game and the next so I either lose sponsorships, stand-up a teammate or player for an off day event, or skip practice and get yelled at by the coach.

A few years back you could play the "key games" and sim the rest, make it to where I can play 10-15 regular season games without any punishment and get to playoffs, or big games. This way you can play a career, I'd rather hit free agency, or get a max deal than play a back to back in Utah and Milwaukee in a Tues Wed in January.
*gripe.... sorry
Old 05-15-2017, 01:38 PM   #5
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8
I love 2k17 but they still leave no real feel of being a dominant big man imo. Smaller players like Isaiah Thomas can't beer utilized like their real life counter parts either. The lack of a fastbreak and how easily you can defend a 2 on 1 out 3 on 1 break against you is based in 17 also. Ball movement needs work it's good but it should be a lot easier to do the Houston type offense or the spurs always extra pass to beat the defense type passing. The arena and crowd sounds really need any overhaul also
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2017, 01:57 PM   #6
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Re: What Went Right in NBA 2K17, What Needs Improving in NBA 2K18

Before anything else, they need to follow up on their promises and stop blatantly lying to the community. The amount of communication with us is already very, very low, but then when they do come out with some kind of news or something we aren't even sure if it's true or if we can believe them.

Check my signature for more
Old 05-15-2017, 01:57 PM   #7
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchwartz07
*gripe.... sorry
You know you can just edit your original post lol
Old 05-15-2017, 02:16 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
what could they do better in 2K18?
- First off, and probably the most impactful Global Communication. The Devs are good with it when they come here and drop info. But from an Overall 2K perspective the complete silence and outright ignoring the mass outcry for information needs to change. It's one thing to hold info back to bait/tease and generate hype, but once the information is out, it needs to be clear and precise. Looking at other Publishers 2K Sports is severely lacking in this regards. The Community Managers are too focus on being celebrities, and seem to like the feeling of being in the know/keep information to themselves than informing the community (Almost a "I know something you dont" type of attitude)

- Spin MyCareer off into its own offline mode. Do not tie it to MyPark/Pro-Am.

- Combine MyPark/Pro-Am clothing back together. The fact that you have the buy the same piece for each mode is disgusting

-Rank Icon needs to be modified in someway to include record and teammate grade, so we can see it outside of opening a menu.

- Brink back 5v5 courts to every park. If its a server issue, which buy now I assume always is going to be a problem bring 4v4 to every park

What went right, is as you stated, Gameplay and Game Modes. Which is what makes NBA2K great

Last edited by JUSTlFIED; 05-15-2017 at 02:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »