Home

NBA 2K18 Needs to focus on background atmosphere finally !!!

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Needs to focus on background atmosphere finally !!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2017, 01:56 AM   #1
Rookie

micdaduke21's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K18 Needs to focus on background atmosphere finally !!!

It is so annoying to me that 2K makes over a billon dollars on a game and can not upgrade the arenas to mimic real life.... First the arenas are not realistic, there is no detail to each specific arena for example; the staples center when the Lakers play there home games there is theater lighting and when the clippers play the arena lights are bright...2K needs to make every arena unique to give it that authentic feel....also each arena has specific sounds like the Lakers band and the defense riff....more and more teams are also integrating hip hop uptempo beats when the home team is on offense that would be nice as well.... Next issue is making a more realistic crowd with more variety of people....Next is getting the unnecessary guy in cargo pants holding the swiffer sweeper at each end of the court and the mascot standing in one spot like a robot... They should add more camera guys and at the scores table put more people then 4 at a long press/scores table, I usually see like 10 people sitting comfortably there in real life... Add more assistant coaches I see 4 to 5 assistants on the beach an 2 on 2k.... The head coach should pace the sideline and have more emotions and players should be able to be seen with there warm ups ondrinking Gatorade with a towel on there shoulders...overall please 2k make the game atmosphere more realistic and authentic with note detail focused on a true life NBA environment.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2017, 02:50 AM   #2
Rookie

ZayTrece's Arena

Icon6 Re: NBA 2K18 Needs to focus on background atmosphere finally !!!

AGREED. NBA Live 10 had better arena atmosphere than 2K17 smh
Old 05-19-2017, 06:16 AM   #3
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA 2K18 Needs to focus on background atmosphere finally !!!

Well...they did travel to all the arenas last year to record.....

Ball sounds....so authentic that they even had a trailer about it. Ugh....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 05-19-2017, 07:50 AM   #4
Rookie

Just some quick things I want from 2K18's atmosphere (tbh I think they're not too hard).

- Make the crowd louder in general. Especially through the entirety of a close 4th Q/OT + 90% of playoff games.

- Get rid of the stupid individuals shouting weird insults at players. It comes out of nowhere and makes no sense to me + it adds nothing to the atmosphere at all (personally at least).

- I know in the NBA the commentators will go on about a backstory of a player really often, but in a video game, because the commentators don't change the story (i.e. they keep repeating the same sh*t over and over), 2K should just make it more play-by-play because it gets repetitive as opposed to the real NBA where they at least word the same stories differently.

- From the last point, make play-by-play calls quicker. Because often the play-by-play is so slow and makes no sense commentating on the situation on the screen. Play-by-play is also super inaccurate and sometimes makes no sense reflecting what happened on the screen. FIFA improved this part a lot from what I've seen.

- Make crowd reactions to huge comeback runs or pull-away runs more insane, especially if the team that gets scored on calls timeout.
2K can play mad hype arena music while we either relish or contemplate the situation during the timeout.

Main issue is the crowd reaction to situations. E.g. athletic dunks, clutch defensive/offensive plays, big runs.

Another atmosphere thing could be trash talk and confrontations between players. Especially after posters/hard blocks/bad fouls/hard screens.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Well...they did travel to all the arenas last year to record.....

Ball sounds....so authentic that they even had a trailer about it. Ugh....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Did anyone ever notice this?

I didn't lol

I've leaned to take those teasers they do pre-launch with a grain of salt now ever since LD2K "cut the cheese" and didn't deliver this franchise has lost my trust.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2017, 10:31 PM   #6
Rookie

There's nothing I love more than hitting a huge shot in the finals and hearing MY HOME CROWD crowd go silent 😂

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2017, 09:34 AM   #7
Rookie

https://youtu.be/Gv4a2A6Dsv8

Now this is an atmosphere!!!
Old 05-22-2017, 08:05 PM   #8
Rookie

micdaduke21's Arena

The gameplay is what 2k mainly focuses on year after year but it would be nice for the devs to take some time a look at real nba atmospheres and how it looks around the arena from courtside to the nose bleed sections and how the lighting in the arenas are different...the ball boy dosent stand on the side of the court he sits behind the basket usually unseen and even if they dont include all assistant coaches on the bench put more staff on the sideline to make it more realistic and change referees like mlb the show with different tendencies so they can implement technical fouls and ejections and flagurant 2's...and a huge pet pev is the refs wear generic black dress shoes...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »