Home

Old 05-22-2017, 12:47 PM   #1
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10
Steals

Ok so the steal success topic has been brought up before and I'm on the side of they happen far too much. I think I figured out why I have a problem with it though. It happens far too random and just about anybody can do it. Players with low steal rating and low defense attributes can steal from point guards. Does ball control not mean anything in this game? Another issue is the animations that cue when spamming the steal button. You lose control of your player and pick up your dribble. Steals are situational in real life. In 2k17 it's pretty much 80% of the online players defense and that's a problem. I even get ripped while holding "protect the ball" Lol What's the point of the L trigger if you still get the ball stolen? Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it shouldn't be that difficult.

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2017, 01:13 PM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Steals

I think there's a misunderstanding about this topic because there are multiple aspects of stealing:

A. On ball steals happen too frequently, even when protected or being careful.

B. There is too much yo-yo/ clipping effect on the ball , should be knocked loose.

C. Passes in traffic are too successful and abused. Should be stolen more often.

D. CPU A.I steals the ball and reacts too precise .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 05-22-2017, 02:31 PM   #3
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

OVR: 0

Has anybody tried reacting with dribble moves when the opponent reaches? Of course there are those times when you get trapped in an animation, but those usually only happen when I'm not actively moving or doing dribble moves, and when I'm not dribbling at all. But one thing I've noticed (I don't have enough testing to confirm this always works) but escape dribbles work wonders against overly aggressive defenders when timed right. The behind the back speed boost is my favorite one. I've left guys like Rondo and Patrick Beverly in the dust with this move. Between the legs into a behind the back is another good one. ANything that quickly shifts you to a side is great in my limited time trying this method.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:36 PM   #4
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I think there's a misunderstanding about this topic because there are multiple aspects of stealing:

A. On ball steals happen too frequently, even when protected or being careful.

B. There is too much yo-yo/ clipping effect on the ball , should be knocked loose.

C. Passes in traffic are too successful and abused. Should be stolen more often.

D. CPU A.I steals the ball and reacts too precise .
100% agree with everything you said. I've tried to counter by moving constantly but that makes it harder to set up plays.

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0
Old 05-23-2017, 05:56 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
Ok so the steal success topic has been brought up before and I'm on the side of they happen far too much. I think I figured out why I have a problem with it though. It happens far too random and just about anybody can do it. Players with low steal rating and low defense attributes can steal from point guards. Does ball control not mean anything in this game? Another issue is the animations that cue when spamming the steal button. You lose control of your player and pick up your dribble. Steals are situational in real life. In 2k17 it's pretty much 80% of the online players defense and that's a problem. I even get ripped while holding "protect the ball" Lol What's the point of the L trigger if you still get the ball stolen? Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it shouldn't be that difficult.
This. You literally can't even call a play on this game most of the time without getting ripped or having to pick up your dribble. Lets not forget the tractor beam animation where the man who you just blew by spams steal and teleports back in front of you.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »