Home

Reach the Rank of Legend by May 28th to be Immortalized

This is a discussion on Reach the Rank of Legend by May 28th to be Immortalized within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2017, 10:55 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Reach the Rank of Legend by May 28th to be Immortalized

made it to SS2.....saw how the percentage points were handed out and gave up all hope. im about 50 pro-am games in and im at 10%.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:45 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

i've also been wondering how some folks reach these levels. i cannot imagine that a sane person spends that much time, that it would require (so basically a 24/7 job), to reach legend status. i assume that some accounts are being shared and that these guys literally working shifts. either that or some people have a serious, serious problem.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:54 PM   #19
Banned

AKA the no life award.

Seriously, I have a guy on my friends list that plays walk on 24/7 and he is only superstar 5. His record is somethign stupid like 1,400 wins and 1,150 loses and that is just walk on games. Rough estimate has it at a whopping 9 game per day every day. Not to mention the time it takes to grind the player ovr and badges.

Not judging but these people will one day regret wasting that much time on pointless achievements.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:05 PM   #20
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzombniac
No judging but I really don't understand how anyone can grind to Legend in this game, at all. I don't live a thrilling life and have more free time than the average person but I'm still at Superstar 1 barely cracking 70%.
Same here... I play way too much and feel guilty about it, but I'm not even close to hitting Legend.

I've played a lot of grinding games (MMOs) that required less time... and those games go on for years, they don't reset you ever October/September like 2k does.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:46 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I think what probably happened here is that 2K didn't expect so many people to reach legend status so soon in 2K17's lifespan, and if 2K didn't shutdown the qualification period before the majority of their consumer base finished school and started summer break, then there would have been too many qualified legends for 2K to "immortalize."

If that is indeed what happened, then 2K should have seen this problem coming weeks in advance, and with that foresight, they should have had plenty of time to give people at least a month's notice, instead of this extremely abrupt five-day notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernte
i assume that some accounts are being shared and that these guys literally working shifts
Account sharing for the sole purpose of grinding badges/rep is definitely a major issue in the 2K community, but I don't know if 2K can really do anything about it at the moment, since it doesn't seem to violate any of their terms of service.

I do know for a fact that a lot of the people who have hit legend status or have a handful of maxed out MyPlayers got to where they are by account sharing.

Last edited by jyoung; 05-24-2017 at 10:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2017, 11:13 AM   #22
Rookie

lol @ 2K, this is mad shady. There were numerous issues this year that stem from lack of organization.

Also, can't believe we've hit the days of shared accounts, badge/attribute grinders. What happened to the good old days of people getting together to play a video game version of a sport they enjoy.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:46 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGod
lol @ 2K, this is mad shady. There were numerous issues this year that stem from lack of organization.

Also, can't believe we've hit the days of shared accounts, badge/attribute grinders. What happened to the good old days of people getting together to play a video game version of a sport they enjoy.
Long gone. Now its about milking the customer for as much money as possible with a 60$ deposit at the start. 2K is getting more greedy with each installment.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:24 PM   #24
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Does anyone know the average time needed to get to Legend? I had this on Xbox and was a SS1 on there and now im a SS1 on PS4. So I assume id be at least a SS2. But Legend? That's gotta be close to 20,000 games played.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »