Home

Why does the CPU get so many assists?

This is a discussion on Why does the CPU get so many assists? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2017, 09:09 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
Why does the CPU get so many assists?

I'm playing a game and the CPU has 24 assists at halftime. This is ridiculous. I play on All-Star default with 12 minute quarters. I know I play long quarters but I have always played 12 min quarters on 2K, and it's never been this bad. They average at least 30 assists per game vs me. Just once I'd like to hold the CPU to under 20 assists.

Any tips? Defensive strategies? Anything?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2017, 05:42 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Why does the CPU get so many assists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude
I'm playing a game and the CPU has 24 assists at halftime. This is ridiculous. I play on All-Star default with 12 minute quarters. I know I play long quarters but I have always played 12 min quarters on 2K, and it's never been this bad. They average at least 30 assists per game vs me. Just once I'd like to hold the CPU to under 20 assists.

Any tips? Defensive strategies? Anything?
I play HOF adjusted sliders, and the AI usually gets less than 20 assists per game on me with 12 min quarters.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:28 AM   #3
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_jesus
I play HOF adjusted sliders, and the AI usually gets less than 20 assists per game on me with 12 min quarters.
.... Okay?

Anyways, OP, something you can try to do is limit passes into the paint. Most of the time, that's where the CPU gets those easy assists.

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Old 05-29-2017, 10:49 AM   #4
Pro

I think it's because I play on all-star and play pretty good on ball defense, so the ai always has to pass out to find a better shot. Gonna try lowering the on ball defense slider.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:08 AM   #5
Rookie

Its not you, trust me. Its hard coded and stems from the dish to open man rating. Unlike the real NBA, players dont create their own opportunities enough, thus making them more reliant on being open and getting a dish.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2017, 11:44 AM   #6
Rookie

Yup. I've never really had CPU players dance around the defense like Curry can or just straight run a high pick and roll with Lebron or Westbrook to drive straight to the rack.

Almost all the CPU's scores are off a pass either to a cutting man (which my CPU teammates always forget to follow if I play on-ball defense) or to some dude on the perimeter off a pick play.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:48 PM   #7
Pro

Yeah this has always been an issue with the AI in NBA2K. It seems even worse this year though. They need to put in a 'pass to open man' slider.
Old 05-31-2017, 10:24 AM   #8
Almighty 2k Paper Champ

richmo's Arena

OVR: 15

What they really need to do is make vision accurate. Every player sees the floor the same basically regardless of vision rating, and all passes are too accurate, and there are missed "open man opportunities" because the CPU always knows. There's a human element missing from it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »