Home

Classic Teams 2K18!?

This is a discussion on Classic Teams 2K18!? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2017, 04:05 PM   #33
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Classic Teams 2K18!?

I've always wondered why they don't have just simple "Decade" rosters for certain individual players. Then they don't have to worry about getting a license to use the insignificant players likenesses on every team they want, and that'll reel in the use of generic players to fill out Classic Team rosters.

In addition to all of that it'll allow the classic player creator to focus on the more big name/popular player likenesses.

I understand if 2k doesn't want to, or just can't, add in the 96-97 Pistons, but at least let me use Grant Hill in MyLeague by putting him in the player pool.

To be honest, the Classic players is the only reason I buy 2k every year thanks to my peak NBA fandom coming in the late 80s and 90s. The more they have, the more fun I have with the game.

Last edited by BA2929; 06-14-2017 at 04:07 PM.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:34 AM   #34
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

If they didn't expand on the classic teams, but fine tuned some of the player's cyber faces a tad, added a few more signature animations for the big names I'd be all set.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:06 AM   #35
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
If they didn't expand on the classic teams, but fine tuned some of the player's cyber faces a tad, added a few more signature animations for the big names I'd be all set.
And bring back the arena atmosphere ala 2k12. Also era based filters/rules. So 2k can say live has this and that but 2k has immersion.

Sent from my Z981 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2017, 11:42 AM   #36
Pro

OVR: 9

If they can make community arenas available for download like the rosters are that would be awesome. Also make the short shorts an option for any player and increase the player name database so we can really increase the immersion.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:10 AM   #37
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

OVR: 0

I wish they'd make a Forgotten Legends DLC Pack that features both current and past players who were at their best for a few seasons until injuries derailed them. Hell Split it into 2 and 2k could make even more money.

Pack 1: $19.99
Grant Hill
Derrick Rose
Dwight Howard
Chris Bosh
Brandon Roy
Bobby Hurley
Greg Oden
Bernard King
Danny Manning

Pack 2: $19.99
Yao Ming
Jamal Mashburn
Allan Houston
Gilbert Arenas
Arvydas Sabonis
Jermaine Oneal
Baron Davis
Chris Webber
Tracy McGrady
Ralph Sampson

I would buy this in a heart beat.
Old 06-17-2017, 04:48 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Most of you have great ideas and I support them. Even if no new teams are added, I'd really, really like if they could at least bring the pre-2000's classic teams back up to 2K12 level. Some of the faces they re-did in 2K17 (Patrick Ewing, Bill Russell, David Robinson) were incredible but the dim arena setting, the signatures, and the jersey fit/accuracy still left a lot to be desired.

The teams really just need a little T.L.C. There even seems like there might be some stuff that could be easy fixes. For instance, the 1989 Pistons road jerseys are really jacked up (they say "Detroit" instead of "Pistons", they lean more toward a muted blue, the jersey linings are off). However, the 2017 Pistons have Bad Boys throwbacks as an option... and they're pretty much perfect. It's maddening to see the right jerseys sitting right before my eyes but being unable to apply them to the right team.

The little things, basically.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:40 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremser_Rules
If they can make community arenas available for download like the rosters are that would be awesome. Also make the short shorts an option for any player and increase the player name database so we can really increase the immersion.
I agree. I wish some arenas could be recreated like the Pontiac Silverdome and others be fixed like Boston Garden where the lighting is way brighter than TD Garden and have all of the yellow walls around the building, and the Alamodome on the game is just a generic 18,000 seat NBA arena with a curtain over one end of the arena.

I mostly play with just the Classic Teams as I'm a huge 1980s-90s NBA fan and if they got rid of it or merged the teams into All-Time rosters, I would not buy the game ever again. I'm in the minority that thinks games like Madden and MLB The Show with Ultimate Team modes where you put legends on a current team is ridiculous and a huge waste and should be replaced with Classic Teams. I wish I could play as the Steelers of the 70s and Clemente's Pirates of 1971 or the Family Team of 1979.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:59 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Classic Teams 2K18 - fan made trailer

Before Internet, I would get a USA Today paper that had an nba preview. It would lost all the rosters. I would go through & make sure each team was accurate in the game. If I made a trade, it was for role players never some blockbuster trade. I feel you on the realism thing. I could never with a team that had Magic, Kobe, Worthy, Kareem, & Shaq. That would just make my head hurt.

I'd still buy the game if there were no classic teams but I admit they're a big thing for me. Since 2011 I've only used current teams twice. I love using the classic teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »