Home

NBA 2K18 Create/Edit a Player Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Create/Edit a Player Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2017, 03:07 PM   #17
Pro

dom5552's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K18 Create/Edit a Player Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrypotheadd
One thing I would like to add is FACE IMPORT FROM AN ACTUAL PHOTO!!!

https://youtu.be/d9KXRbbxRHQ

I really can't stress enough how beneficial this would be and how much time this would save us roster/draft class makers
Wow this would be amazing for roster making. Would be great to borrow this from WWE

PSN: TheDom45
Old 06-05-2017, 09:08 PM   #18
Rookie

Roger_Black's Arena

OVR: 0

Would like the ability to adjust the 'muscle tone' of our MyPlayers in 2K18.

NBA Players are all built differently.

Some are short but ripped, some are lean & quick, some are medium build, some are tall & bulky, some are tall & wiry, some are stout/stocky, some are average, etc., etc.

If we can control the 'upper body' physique.... separately from 'lower body' musculature... that would be ideal.

That way, we can create players that look as (physically) different as Dwight Howard, Zach Randolph, Ricky Rubio, Lebron James, Nate Robinson, Marc Gasol, Tayshaun Prince, Shaquille O'neal, Tim Hardaway, Charles Barkley, Larry Bird, Manute Bol, Serge Ibaka, Kirk Hinrich, Karl Malone, or Giannis Antetokounmpo.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:49 PM   #19
mqt
Rookie

I'd really love a "Test on Court" option from the CAP menu. NHL at least used to have a similar option where you could immediately go to an empty rink and test out your player. Having this option, particularly in draft classes where it's frustratingly difficult to test the players, would be pretty awesome.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:28 PM   #20
Rookie

Idk if you guys have played Fight Night Round 3 before, but there were 2 sliders, one for fat, the other for muscle.

- If you maxed out the fat and muscle slider, you would get a bearmode guy.
- If you maxed out fat, you'd get something like Big Baby.
- If you maxed out muscle you'd get Karl Malone/Young Shaq/Prime Dwight.
- If you had really low muscle and 0 fat, you'd get KD or Giannis.

Can't find any videos showing the muscle and fat slider, but anybody who played it would get konw that it was a genius idea. Btw FNR3 was released in 2006 lmao.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:23 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

As others said, (1)I definitely want to see Body Type sliders. If I create 7' 280 Center, I don't want to see him basically having KD's body type.
(2) I want to see CAP and generated players having more realistic faces. It shouldn't be obvious to notice a generated player.
(3) More hairstyles. Also bring back the meter too. Where you can control the amount of hair. Not just for afro or long hair. But also for close cuts and others styles. Like 0 is basically bald and 4-6 looks scruffy. Same for facial hair
(4) Hand size also. Players like Kawhi with large hands, make a difference on difference. So to be able to adjust handsize would be nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2017, 01:08 AM   #22
Rookie

Zeke11's Arena

If they do nothing else but add adjustable shorts lengths, I'll be content.
Old 06-09-2017, 12:03 AM   #23
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

To be honest I wish they'd bring a brand new create a player mode with tools that lets you make creations look exactly like the person you want to make with or without face scan.

There should be an app that I can use on the PC to import face images like what WWE 2k does.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:14 AM   #24
Rookie

GetBuckets's Arena

- Like an earlier poster mentioned, give us some basis tendencies templates to choose from. I had to write down the tendencies for a good bunch of players, it saves me a lot of time when creating players now and it shouldn't be hard for the devs to implement a few basic ones. For example I've written down CP3, Ray Allen, Tony Allen, 93' MJ, Lebron, Melo, Millsap, Griffin, Love, Shaq and Demarcus Cousins. All they had to do was basically create templates for a playmaker, a sharpshooter, a lockdown defender, a stretch four, a rim protector and a post scorer. It would be soooooo much easier to mold your player from there.

- Body types is a no brainer. Why they ever removed this is beyond me. Body-type-sliders would be optimal, but just give us a few options and I'd be fine with it, like athletic, fat and regular.

- This is probably wish thinking, but I'd love to see a whole new way to face-sculpt. I mean, the concept is all right, but most of them look like aliens. 2K has - by far - the worst looking created players in any sports game.

- Photo-import would be awesome if they can make it work. I've seen games where it's absolutely horrible though, so if they can't make it work properly, then don't bother.

- As every year, add more hair styles etc. In general, add in as many customisation options as possible. It make for good variety, but hopefully it can combat the horrible CPU-generated players coming in to the league with all kinds of bad taste in hair, grooming and accessories. I tend to use the same few hairstyle for all my CAP's, as most are just too "out there". Add in more variety of the "socially acceptable" hairstyles, and then we'll also see more CPU-generated players wear those.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »